Views on NC's signings as DCFC manager

jimbobram

Normally, yes, I would advise you to worry…but different rules apply to cars that have been driven (almost) as far as the moon.

I was getting a screeching sound........but i realised that it was the front near side passenger.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, it's a bit difficult to compare two players from different eras, but I'd say there's not that much in it between Leacock and Barker.

Leacock is probably the better footballer, but very lazy, prone to lapses in concentration, and (IMO) swung the lead with his injuries.

Barker not as good on the ball, and gets caught out of position occasionally, but prepared to put his body on the line, and played through injuries (although its probably done him more harm in the long run).

As a manager I'd prefer Barker. Would he be better in the Prem? Probably not, and we're unlikely to find out.

OK, I kept seeing all these references on other topics to Bris dropping a clanger in an argument about Leacock - is this it? He claims Leacock in the promotion season was better than Barker at his best? Surely he has a point, I remember rumours floating around of a multi million pound bid from a couple of PL clubs at the time, never heard those rumours about Barker and I honestly think Leacock's demise had more to do with attitude than ability.

Many could disagree but I have heard a lot crazier statements on here than Leacock at his best was better than Barker at his best which haven't attracted anything like this reaction.

That's the position he moved to from Leacock is better then barker. he justified Leacock being better because his team finished higher for two seasons. Some of us pointed out that we viewed Barker as being better through watching them both play dozens of times. Bris argued his way of judging a player was better. Then changed his mind without admitting it. Saves you reading the whole thread.

No-one else was using the whose best was best caveat until that point.It was just who was best.

Archived