Play offs a possibility.

davenportram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been in the squad for a while now. Came on for the last 10/20 minutes in the last few games and featured heavily in all of our pre-season games. I want to see him start now.

He played in a couple of preseason games before another injury setback. He's since been coming off the bench as he comes back to full fitness, as Buxton did last year. Patience is needed sometimes, you don't want to rush him and see him out again. Either that, or we don't want to rush him back in for us only to turn on him in a game or two like we've done with Buxton and O'Connor.

Be an amazing home record for us to make playoffs with a bottom 3/4 (?) standard away record. I agree its a possibility but its blatantly obvious we need to start nicking more wins away from home to make it possible. I don't think we'd have beaten Forest if it wasn't for a soft red so we have a lot of work to do IMO.

No we weren't!

People on here was saying 'oh, we've got 4 away games' we not win them and we'll be in trouble. I'm keeping my level head, I knew we would win yesterday, Leeds may as well wrap the 6 points up before each season...

I don't expect much away from home, and I don't think we will be in a particularly glamorous position come the end of December.

Its worth noting just how hard our last 3 away games were all of the teams were on form when we played them. The real disappointment was the Peterborough result when things obviously didnt go our way.

Really need a result at Bristol City.

I'd like to think we will be in the mix come the end of the season and I dont see why we wont be.

If we keep our team together and Barker returns the player he was we could be in for a good year next year if players progress as they should.

For as long as Buxton and O'Connor are in our defence we are going nowhere. The rest of the squad I'm happy with.

Also, something needs to change away from home. Clough is doing something wrong and that needs to change. Sort out the away form and we'll be play-off contenders. Sort out our defence and we'll be pushing for top 3.

OB for Buxton and either Hoghanson or Freeman in for Roberts, aside from that we've plenty of cover for Right back (not needed) and Central defence.... Barker when fit, O'Connor (better in the middle), Naylor etc

If our away form improves to the same standard as our home form, we'll have a shout.

If our home form drops to the same standard as our away form (as we have seen in the last few seasons), we'll be in trouble.

If we have a bit of inconsistency in both home and away, and home form slips a bit and away form picks up a bit (which I bet is what happens), we'll finish near the middle.

If our away form improves to the same standard as our home form, we'll have a shout.

If our home form drops to the same standard as our away form (as we have seen in the last few seasons), we'll be in trouble.

If we have a bit of inconsistency in both home and away, and home form slips a bit and away form picks up a bit (which I bet is what happens), we'll finish near the middle.

Brilliant - any idea where bears go to the toilet? You are of course absolutely right.In this most predictable of all seasons, anything could happen.The fact remains that in order to win away, we need the defensive midfield player we planned to buy and a poacher up front. I think there have been lots of positives this year and look forward to thrashing Bristol City next week (I am from Bristol).

Winning the league is still a possibility as is going down. March and we're in the top 10 and say 6pts from the play offs I may start to dream but not now, just can't see it.

January transfer window will be huge, Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton are not far behind us with Premiership money to burn, I expect they will be in the mix come the end of the season, add Leicester, Cardiff, Hull, Boro....In fact left testicle says no way Pedro.

Archived