Play offs a possibility.

davenportram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't do enough away. Whatever the stats say away from home we usually look like a side that'll take a point and can't wait to get back to Pride Park where we dare fully express and take the game to our opponents.

Sort the away form

Add depth (pay some bloody wages out instead of thinking bottom 6 wage bill = promotion?)

And we could push the Play Offs. The home performances need little more than ironing out. Perhaps more time as a team to continue partnerships and even more fluent composed football.

Yes I am serious.

Even with our leaky defense (conceded an extra 0.3333 goals per game than the top two)

Even with our away record (lost 1 more than the top team away from home, and three of them have been against teams in the top 7)

6th place Yes. I wanted us to aim for 35 points for the first 23 matches and we are still on our way to that. Just look at the matches we have in April and the final match in May and you can see that if the players have the will it is possible.

Yes I am serious.

Even with our leaky defense (conceded an extra 0.3333 goals per game than the top two)

Even with our away record (lost 1 more than the top team away from home, and three of them have been against teams in the top 7)

Three points adrift, none of the teams between us and the play-offs are any better than us, so why not?

Any fan that supports a team that isn't Bristol, Peterborough, Ipswich or probably Sheffield Wednesday and doesn't think the playoffs are possible doesn't understand this league! A 5-game run in the spring and if teams around you take points off each other, you might have booked yourself a ticket to Wembley.

For as long as Buxton and O'Connor are in our defence we are going nowhere. The rest of the squad I'm happy with.

Also, something needs to change away from home. Clough is doing something wrong and that needs to change. Sort out the away form and we'll be play-off contenders. Sort out our defence and we'll be pushing for top 3.

For as long as Buxton and O'Connor are in our defence we are going nowhere. The rest of the squad I'm happy with.

Also, something needs to change away from home. Clough is doing something wrong and that needs to change. Sort out the away form and we'll be play-off contenders. Sort out our defence and we'll be pushing for top 3.

The only away game I have seen is against the Walkers crisps. So I can't comment on our away performances to be honest. But are perhaps these mad tactical decisions we sometimes see at Pride Park a regular thing away from home?

I'll personally nail my own ballbag and leave this forum if we make the playoffs this season.. That's how confident I am that we won't..

We just down have it in us away from home to cause any problems.. And our defence is average to poor..

I wouldn't put it past us to have a home record that's perhaps 'top 8' standard.. But with our away record we'll struggle to make it past 65 points let alone the 75 point mark which is usually good enough for a playoff spot..

Our season has been incredibly inconsistant this season.. inconsistant in that we're yet to win more than 2 games running and yet to lose more than 2 games running.. Our most consistant run is the 3 draws in a row.. We'll never make the playoffs unless we start putting togewther some runs.. By runs I'm talking taking 12 points from a possible 15 or 18 from a possible 21..

We're one of only 5 clubs yet to string together a run of 3 games either winning or losing.. The others being Forest, Brum, Blackburn and Bolton.. Is it any suprise to see all 5 relatively in midtable..

Actually just noticed we've got the 4th best home record and 4th worst away record..

If we had Watford or Millwalls away record we'd be joint 3rd right now..

I guess I didn't appreciate how strong we are at PP.. And it still feels like we threw away some daft points.. Especially against Sheff Wed and Burnley..

Actually just noticed we've got the 4th best home record and 4th worst away record..

I guess I didn't appreciate how strong we are at PP.. And it still feels like we threw away some daft points.. Especially against Sheff Wed and Burnley..

Should have beat Cardiff too!

Agree with this. I want to see a back 4 of Brayford, Keogh, OB (give the lad a chance!) & Roberts and as long as Sammon and Theo keep knocking a few goals in, I think it's definitely a real possibility.

Agree with this. I want to see a back 4 of Brayford, Keogh, OB (give the lad a chance!) & Roberts and as long as Sammon and Theo keep knocking a few goals in, I think it's definitely a real possibility.

I'm fairly certain O'Brien only isn't in the squad because he's spent the best part of a year out with injury. It's not a matter of giving the kid a chance, he's already shown he can cut it at this level.

I'll personally nail my own ballbag and leave this forum if we make the playoffs this season.. That's how confident I am that we won't..

We just down have it in us away from home to cause any problems.. And our defence is average to poor..

I wouldn't put it past us to have a home record that's perhaps 'top 8' standard.. But with our away record we'll struggle to make it past 65 points let alone the 75 point mark which is usually good enough for a playoff spot..

Our season has been incredibly inconsistant this season.. inconsistant in that we're yet to win more than 2 games running and yet to lose more than 2 games running.. Our most consistant run is the 3 draws in a row.. We'll never make the playoffs unless we start putting togewther some runs.. By runs I'm talking taking 12 points from a possible 15 or 18 from a possible 21..

We're one of only 5 clubs yet to string together a run of 3 games either winning or losing.. The others being Forest, Brum, Blackburn and Bolton.. Is it any suprise to see all 5 relatively in midtable..

Oh why did you have to do that, I feel a Ross and Rachel we were on a break line being on this forum for the next 100 years 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I'm fairly certain O'Brien only isn't in the squad because he's spent the best part of a year out with injury. It's not a matter of giving the kid a chance, he's already shown he can cut it at this level.

He's been in the squad for a while now. Came on for the last 10/20 minutes in the last few games and featured heavily in all of our pre-season games. I want to see him start now.

I guess I didn't appreciate how strong we are at PP.. And it still feels like we threw away some daft points.. Especially againsti Sheff Wed and Burnley..

We could be in the top six at xmas with a draw at bristol and a win vs hull. i guess u don't appreciate your balls that much.

Winning yer home games and drawing yer away games will win u the league. but u can also do this by losing 2 out of 3 away matches and winning the third.

An away run of wllllw is table topping form if u win 6 home home games at the same time.

Instead of us beating ourselves up for our away form we could start to be pleased with what is happening at home.

Archived