Derby County v Leeds United

froggg

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the corner-in-the-flags business so long as we do it properly. Clough's tactics have often failed due to an inability for players to perform them properly as much as the tactics themselves.

Of course I'd love us to be pumelling teams for 90 minutes, but realistically, we're not able to do that. We have a young side that gets tired easily and after playing best part of 80 minutes of positive football, unless you start to tighten up then you'll open doors that Championship teams will punish you from - even the bad sides can do that.

You look at our side and especially midfield today and there's very few players that played a full season last year, especially at our level. Jacobs played much of the season but two tiers below, Hughes was playing youth football, Coutts was in and out of a L1 Preston side...in fact, it's only really Keogh and Hendrick that have properly completed an entire season of Championship football. When you look it at like that, it's no wonder our positive football fizzles out towards the end...

Apart from give the ball away several times, what did Coutts do yesterday?? And don't say assist Bavies, he should have fed the ball into him much earlier and in the end Bavies just took the ball off him.

He played football on the ground like it should be, made runs into space and worked his socks off as usual and had a hand in the first and last goals. What's wrong with you people? You've got a great bunch of youngsters in midfield and all you do is moan. Will Hughes doesn't do it all on his own, he's part of a team that's gaining experience and getting better all the time. Open your eyes at the next game and watch the older guys talking to him all the time. I really despair about people that only see negatives, you should come up and watch Scottish football if you really want negatives.

Apart from give the ball away several times, what did Coutts do yesterday?? And don't say assist Bavies, he should have fed the ball into him much earlier and in the end Bavies just took the ball off him.

Perish the thought he was involved in that goal. Perhaps he should have gone and hid, a la Pearson.

You're new here aren't you WW, in time you'll be able to just gloss over the "glass half empty" merchants.

Welcome by the way. http://knifewallpapers.com/smilies/thumbs_up_smiley

Indeed. Mr Wallace will soon come to realise that JW_DCFC & Bris could watch us lift the Champions League trophy with several players they recommended to Nigel personally, get back to the hotel to find Kelly Brook & Megan Fox in their room, have them take it in turns to sit on either end and STILL MOAN!!!

I don't mind the corner-in-the-flags business so long as we do it properly. Clough's tactics have often failed due to an inability for players to perform them properly as much as the tactics themselves.

Of course I'd love us to be pumelling teams for 90 minutes, but realistically, we're not able to do that. We have a young side that gets tired easily and after playing best part of 80 minutes of positive football, unless you start to tighten up then you'll open doors that Championship teams will punish you from - even the bad sides can do that.

You look at our side and especially midfield today and there's very few players that played a full season last year, especially at our level. Jacobs played much of the season but two tiers below, Hughes was playing youth football, Coutts was in and out of a L1 Preston side...in fact, it's only really Keogh and Hendrick that have properly completed an entire season of Championship football. When you look it at like that, it's no wonder our positive football fizzles out towards the end...

I'd prefer to think of it as a team learning lessons. Every team in the world kills time at the end of games when there is a slender lead, its the professional thing to do. There's a difference between running it into the corner and getting a throw/corner/free kick and just aimlessly booting as far away from you as possible, and therefore surrendering possession, but unless there is a clear opportunity (as was with Coutts' direct running at their goal for the third) then why risk giving possession away with a minute or two and letting the opposition in? I'm glad to see derby being a bit more streetwise.

The moment that Jacobs was being booed by some clowns in the crowd came at the end of some good pressure by Leeds and they were threatening an equaliser. He took the ball into their corner, held it and won a corner for Derby, therefore relieving the pressure on our goal, giving the defenders a breather and allowing us to regain our shape. But that's not good enough for some people.

Indeed. Mr Wallace will soon come to realise that JW_DCFC & Bris could watch us lift the Champions League trophy with several players they recommended to Nigel personally, get back to the hotel to find Kelly Brook & Megan Fox in their room, have them take it in turns to sit on either end and STILL MOAN!!!

To be fair, I think I'd be moaning when it came to the last bit

Top day. Can't believe my celebrations on the goals, Pride Park when WBA don't play is a must at the moment! Even my girlfriend jumped up and down! Even had a little bit of banter with a few Leeds fans on the edge of the South West corner, which is somewhat weird considering I'm not a proper Derby fan!

Hughes was exceptional. For 17, he is a superb talent. Just hope he stays for another year or two, looking at the likes of Conor Wickham, moving straight to the Prem isn't always beneficial!

I'm still unbeaten at Derby games. Won 3, Drawn 1. While my girlfriend has seen 3 out of 3 wins.

Moving back home next week, so my next game might be a couple of months away. Wolves at home is a certainty!

Top day. Can't believe my celebrations on the goals, Pride Park when WBA don't play is a must at the moment! Even my girlfriend jumped up and down! Even had a little bit of banter with a few Leeds fans on the edge of the South West corner, which is somewhat weird considering I'm not a proper Derby fan!

Hughes was exceptional. For 17, he is a superb talent. Just hope he stays for another year or two, looking at the likes of Conor Wickham, moving straight to the Prem isn't always beneficial!

I'm still unbeaten at Derby games. Won 3, Drawn 1. While my girlfriend has seen 3 out of 3 wins.

Moving back home next week, so my next game might be a couple of months away. Wolves at home is a certainty!

bring your girlfriend to every game!!!

Guarantee the atmosphere will be better at Pride Park.

Just thought what time does the WBA game kick off - if it's the late match do both.

I'd have to sample it to have an opinion on that one!

Yeah it is the late kick off, I was thinking of doing that but I won't even be in Derby so 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I'd have to sample it to have an opinion on that one!

Yeah it is the late kick off, I was thinking of doing that but I won't even be in Derby so 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

A car load were at Derby-Leeds then made the Wolves-Brum game on saturday..didn't they YoungUttoxRam? No excuse baggie boy!

Archived