James O'Connor

SK47

O'Conner, Roberts...there both a liability at left back. Definatly needs sorting in January. Freeman and Hoganson cannot be good enough to play if they are behind these two clowns. Also, as much i like Bucko, i think we need another CB in because our defence looks so weak at times.

very harsh on roberts, freeman and hoganson arent playing due to lack of experience and youth there not like will hughes who looks like he's been playing for 20 years.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very harsh on roberts, freeman and hoganson arent playing due to lack of experience and youth there not like will hughes who looks like he's been playing for 20 years.

Every time the ball goes near Roberts i get scared. If thats the case with Freeman and Hoganson then why not loan at least one of them out to get exp. Sitting them on the bench isn't going to improve them. They're clearly not in Nigels plans at the moment if we have to bring O'conner over to fill in at left back.

Every time the ball goes near Roberts i get scared. If thats the case with Freeman and Hoganson then why not loan at least one of them out to get exp. Sitting them on the bench isn't going to improve them. They're clearly not in Nigels plans at the moment if we have to bring O'conner over to fill in at left back.

Not every 18-21 year old is ready for week in week out championship football. Hughes is a exception.

Not every 18-21 year old is ready for week in week out championship football. Hughes is a exception.

So thats why i said in the first place it needs sorting in January and secondly, loan one of them out to to a team where they can get first team football to gain experience. There not going to suddenly be ready for first team football from sitting on the bench and training.

Agree with all that apart from third goal as I think O'Connor gave it away and then played Nugent on!

At least we can agree he was **** today

Third goal was a cross from their left midfield - Marshall - nothing to do with O'Connor. Bradford should have stopped the cross, and Keogh should've done better in the air v Nugent. O'Connor was at fault for 2nd goal but not third.

O'Connor is a good steady right back for this division. If we'd only seen Brayford at Centre Back and Left Back, we wouldn't have as high an opinion of him.

To judge a player who has been played out of position due to the lack of depth in the squad. How a right back can be the first reserve for all 4 defensive positions is the main issue we have.

O'Connor from where I was stood at the game looked out of his depth at LB, he's had a decent spell at centre half but I wouldn't dare play him at LB after that, every team must have seen how to destroy him after that! But as a whole the defence was poor, give Freeman a chance if Roberts is still out against Leeds and hopefully we won't play a ***** 4-5-1 again! We invite the pressure on ourselves away from home. After 30 mins we seemed competitive but why should we have waited for 2 goals to be conceded and a third of the game gone to look interested in gaining anything? Is it clough out time after that? B4 where are you, we need an inspired post 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Here we go....... i remember a certain centre back being played out of position at florist, and was slagged after a bad game, but i have to ask who's fault is it if u have a bad game being played out of position,the player or the manager who plays him there ? O'Connor is a right/centre back, and yes he had a bad game,but in other games he has been praised recently, but people on here just like to point out the bad as soon as we have a scapegoat/poor result....... we were away at a side who's 3rd, bearing in mind lots of us predicted a loss, and also think we are a mid table squad, looking at the game i think the big difference was up front between them and us,(Nugent was quality in the 20 mins he was on) and once again shows us we need a decent striker !

Onwards and Upwards

although you cant deny the quality of the leicester team and the bench, far too many times our defense looked inept and slow. The first 30 minutes wasnt about leicester dominating possession, it was about our defense being unable to clear their lines. When a team comes at you like that you have to put 11 men behind the ball and stop them from scoring. They arent going to be able to keep that kind of play up for 90 minutes, as was shown.

Its a testament to Roberts that since his move from Donny his estimation amongst the fanbase has consistently gone up with time. I used to think he was a weak link then a steady eddie, now when I see the team without him I get very concerned. Perhaps O'Connor might do the same, get stick from the fans then begin to turn it around, all I can say is at the moment he looks pretty poor.

Younguttoxram, we didn't start with a ***** 4-5-1 yesterday, but by switching to a ***** 4-5-1 we got back into the game. TV commentators even asked why didn't we start with that formation, and Clough was praised for being "brave" by going 4-4-2!!

It seems that away from home we haven't developed a style of play that works for us, a lot of teams try to play on the break away from home but at home the same teams are more "in the face" of the opposition and press a bit more all over the pitch. The early part of the game usually sets the tempo & with Hughes' array of passing maybe he needs 2 people in the middle of the pitch to give him the time on the ball. The main issue is making sure Sammon isn't out battled as easily as he was yesterday by Morgan, so that he can then hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Its a testament to Roberts that since his move from Donny his estimation amongst the fanbase has consistently gone up with time. I used to think he was a weak link then a steady eddie, now when I see the team without him I get very concerned. Perhaps O'Connor might do the same, get stick from the fans then begin to turn it around, all I can say is at the moment he looks pretty poor.

This is a good point actually. You used to think he was our weak link because he was. Roberts' first season was a disaster.

Younguttoxram, we didn't start with a ***** 4-5-1 yesterday, but by switching to a ***** 4-5-1 we got back into the game. TV commentators even asked why didn't we start with that formation, and Clough was praised for being "brave" by going 4-4-2!!

It seems that away from home we haven't developed a style of play that works for us, a lot of teams try to play on the break away from home but at home the same teams are more "in the face" of the opposition and press a bit more all over the pitch. The early part of the game usually sets the tempo & with Hughes' array of passing maybe he needs 2 people in the middle of the pitch to give him the time on the ball. The main issue is making sure Sammon isn't out battled as easily as he was yesterday by Morgan, so that he can then hold the ball up and bring others into play.

i never said we started with the 4-5-1, just played it. We did pass it around well in the midfield with that formation but what did we create? If we played the same 4-4-2 style as at home we would pick a lot more points up, Theo is a goal poacher so to stick him out wide almost puts him out of the game! We did play decent in spells yesterday but poor defending let us down, but in others I've seen us play the 4-5-1 it's been shocking and there hasn't been any support for Sammon up top on his own and wasn't too much of it yesterday, I saw Wes Morgan get turned a time or two easily by Sammon so what could Theo or Tyson have done with utter pace?

i never said we started with the 4-5-1, just played it. We did pass it around well in the midfield with that formation but what did we create? If we played the same 4-4-2 style as at home we would pick a lot more points up, Theo is a goal poacher so to stick him out wide almost puts him out of the game! We did play decent in spells yesterday but poor defending let us down, but in others I've seen us play the 4-5-1 it's been shocking and there hasn't been any support for Sammon up top on his own and wasn't too much of it yesterday, I saw Wes Morgan get turned a time or two easily by Sammon so what could Theo or Tyson have done with utter pace?

To be fair we started 4-4-2 and got absolutely killed, moved to 4-5-1 and we were the better team. It would of been a lot worse if we stuck with 4-4-2 yesterday.

...what on Earth is going on here? Yes, he had a bad game, it happens, particularly when you're played out of position. But seriously, wanting him dropped all together, not two weeks ago people were complaining that he was dropped to make way for Buxton!

Archived