Doomed to be a Championship club - pros and cons

Cisse

Oh hold on, is my reaction to a 3-0 defeat not positive enough? ffs

When we do well, I'll say so.

4 pts from Blackburn at home, rock bottom away and 2nd/3rd from bottom beat us 3-0.

I am sorry. I'll try to be a better supporter and be pleased with it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this juncture I think relegation would be a blessing, the board would get rid of Clough, regroup then try for promotion back to the Championship with some actual momentum behind us and try to kick on towards the Premiership with the traction we have already gained from one promotion rather than suppurating and festering in this division adding absolutely nothing to it whatsoever

Moneywse - the owners (not GSE) ensure we break even by making up whatever losses we make in a year but unless we make it to the premier they won't recoup what they have invested (and i use that word in the broadest possible sense 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> ) never mind make a profit on it as there is little money outside of the top divison.

At this juncture I think relegation would be a blessing, the board would get rid of Clough, regroup then try for promotion back to the Championship with some actual momentum behind us and try to kick on towards the Premiership with the traction we have already gained from one promotion rather than suppurating and festering in this division adding absolutely nothing to it whatsoever

Relegation would be a blessing? Sorry, can't agree with that. What kind of team would we have to produce to win promotion from League 1, followed by promotion to the Premiership? Answer. - a pretty good one. It's a fantasy to think you can just keep on winning. Southampton and Reading were a class above last year and now they can't buy a win and their supporters want rid of their managers [sic]. Same old, same old.......

I'd rather be stuck where we are for now. Not good enough to go up but, hopefully, good enough to stay up. A very good central midfield player and at least one very good striker who scores goals would put us on the right road and probably into the near play off positions.. Anyone got about £3-4m they don't want [and don't want back either :) ]

Relegation would be a blessing? Sorry, can't agree with that. What kind of team would we have to produce to win promotion from League 1, followed by promotion to the Premiership? Answer. - a pretty good one. It's a fantasy to think you can just keep on winning. Southampton and Reading were a class above last year and now they can't buy a win and their supporters want rid of their managers [sic]. Same old, same old.......

I'd rather be stuck where we are for now. Not good enough to go up but, hopefully, good enough to stay up. A very good central midfield player and at least one very good striker who scores goals would put us on the right road and probably into the near play off positions.. Anyone got about £3-4m they don't want [and don't want back either :) ]

You and your Liam could afford that from your piggy banks Bob 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> I cannot forsee promotion any time soon unless we offload Tosspot, Teflon, Codhead, Woberts, Des O'Connor and Davies and replace them with 5 players with football brains and superior ability to those listed, however, whilst the Yanks continue to 'milk' the club Nigel is hogtied.

Some of our present owners have more than enough to cover that.

They invest in ‘sports’ for fun and prestige - not in order to make a profit to make their living. Trouble is they prefer to spend their disposable income on clubs where they have some interest and ambition, such as the Chicago Cubs, the San Francisco Giants, and the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Our owners aren't crooks and they do keep us solvent – but their lack of interest, ambition and financial support as far as the Derby squad is concerned is a form of slow bloody torture.

Woah. Why has this 3-0 defeat to Peteboro' made everyone decide, above everything else that's happened these past few seasons, that we're a mid-table side? Never read so much stuff to that effect in one night.

Weird.

Why is that weird?

When would you expect it, after Ipswich?

Typical haughtiness.

A very good this a very good that..... We've been saying that since Shilton Wright and Saunders..... If we could build a team round those three.... Mind you we had a manager with charisma and drive then..... Clough out! Chris Powell is out future! SSA!

You and your Liam could afford that from your piggy banks Bob 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> I cannot forsee promotion any time soon unless we offload Tosspot, Teflon, Codhead, Woberts, Des O'Connor and Davies and replace them with 5 players with football brains and superior ability to those listed, however, whilst the Yanks continue to 'milk' the club Nigel is hogtied.

I'd better make sure I haven't had an unexpected windfall 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . If I find I've a couple of million spare, I'll go scouting for the new Hector and Hennessey and we're off. Simple!

A very good central midfield player and at least one very good striker who scores goals would put us on the right road and probably into the near play off positions..

Your post is symptomatic of the views of the majority of folks on here, a very good striker and midfield player would cost in the region of 3 million pounds plus so we can safely forget that sentiment then, and then in your opinion that's just to probably get us near the play off's, not into the play off's or automatic positions, just near the play off's, I would prefer to get relegated and challenging for promotion from a lower division then going through Groundhog day every season

Woah. Why has this 3-0 defeat to Peteboro' made everyone decide, above everything else that's happened these past few seasons, that we're a mid-table side? Never read so much stuff to that effect in one night.

It's a bit like constantly putting your girlfriend down all the time, but she breaks up with you for forgetting to put the bins out one night after 4 years of verbal abuse.

Weird.

So your saying we aren't a mid table side?

We are 5 points from the play offs, and the relegation spots and 11 points behind the leaders after only 13 games.

We are a mid table side in the second tier, a 3 nil loss didn't help us come to that conclusion we have know that for a while.

It's just fecking boring, the whole 'matchday experience' is like pulling teeth.

The whole club has settled for mediocroty. Owners, manager, players, fans, what's up with you all?

It doesn't matter though, who cares if we lose to Peterboro, we're not going down, not going up, who fecking cares?

There is no outstanding team in this league.If you look at teams above us who will be fighting for the play offs, take note of their appalling attendances. These teams Have to go up or else. We do not and will fully take advantage of this within the next couple of years. As for every team in this league none is good enough for the premier league and to to survive and compete in the premier league would probably have to change their entire starting 11.

So your saying we aren't a mid table side?

We are 5 points from the play offs, and the relegation spots and 11 points behind the leaders after only 13 games.

We are a mid table side in the second tier, a 3 nil loss didn't help us come to that conclusion we have know that for a while.

No, I know we're a mid-table side, but I was fully aware of that before yesterday. I was just commenting on how strange it was that there was this mass realisation over this particular result - which was actually less "mid-table" than our home draws to Brighton and Blackburn.

Lets face it, we lack ambition.

The owners / investors do.

its not just managers who are on a merry go round, its owners if you like in english football.

One lot of owners come in, spend money chasing a premier league dream, if they suddently cant afford it, then they go out and seek the next lot of owners to take over, and pump the next load of money in.

Florist, fester, cardiff, all the big hitters follow this scenario.

Im fed up with mediocrity and so are the fans.

We dont believe in this "financial fair play is round the corner" because no other club does.

Again tghe heavy hitters spend what they want and will worry about the FFP when it gets here. There are no financial punishments for at least 2 years, so why worry about it now.

We are the arsenal of the championship, in that we dont compete financially, except they actually have a top 4 team every year!

Proof the fans are fed up of mediocrity is the fact they only buy tickets and get excited when we play forest and leeds.

As opposed to if we were in the prem, (even in a crap billy davies worst team in history), they tend to sell the ground out every week, and we actually get an atmopshere.

Rant almost over.

I do remember when clough took over, I thought he better not take 10 years to sort the club out and actually get us promoted, as he did at burton albion. if he does take that long, and the board are happy with this, we the fans will neever accept this.

Except thats exactly whats happening.

I dont know how many years of his tenure we are into, but the improvment has been minimal.

If blackburn can drill up enough opposition and get keen to quit, then we should be doing the same.

BoARD OUT, CLOUGH OUT!

Why is that weird?

When would you expect it, after Ipswich?

Typical haughtiness.

I'd expect it after our performances against Blackburn, Burnley maybe...all of last season, the season before that too.

Never remembered a game where so many have commented on our mid-tableness, just surprised me really.

'Typical' haughtiness?

We do lack ambition through out the club but we get to watch a team who genuinely battle for each other and it's a lot more tasteful than a team of mercenaries.

We're not going to get promoted within the current set up - the mind set of everyone at the club needs to change, we're not going to experience that any time soon!

Board out? Clough out? Better the devil you know, I think there is a ton of managers out there that would be able to relegate us with ease on our budget and on the other end, think there is a lot of owners that would be able to properly construct a train wreck.

Also could get taken over by billionaires and have a world class manager one in - as heavy as I doubt that mind!

Archived