well done lads great effort

B4ev6is

I think B4 is right. If we keep winning we can overtake Leicester and everyone in between will also lose every week so we will overtake them and win the league by approximately 30 points based on my current calculations. For this to happen though we really need to keep the faith and get behind the lads this week. If we all shout as loud as we can the lads might turn that 30 points into 40 points. That all said next time we lose I want Clough and 'The Yanks' out.`

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams imo better equipped than Derby. Some for players, some for team play, some for experience and so for sheer money.

Better equipped and SHOULD finish higher

Leicester

Cardiff

Brighton

Hull

Blackburn

Wolves

Blackpool

Middlesbrough

Should all finish above us. If they don't they need to ask why. They've all either established themselves as top end Champ sides or have spent money/got money to spend.

I'm not saying they're miles ahead. They aren't. But they are just a few of the teams that will stop us winning the league.

Hi Alpha. Would you add Ipswich to that list aswell? Im amazed at how poorly they are doing given their playing staff!!

Hi Alpha. Would you add Ipswich to that list aswell? Im amazed at how poorly they are doing given their playing staff!!

I forgot about them!!

If Nigel spent on wages alone what Ipswich must have since Jewell took charge (Jimmy Bullard!!) then I'd expect to finish in the Play Offs.

There's something seriously wrong at Ipswich. But I think the biggest problem was just sacked... by mutual consent.

Their playing staff? They're a bunch of FM type players with a reputation who had one good season a while ago and just happen to all play for the same team..

As a squad they're dire.. Just because you've heard of the players doesn't mean they're good.. I don't particularly rate our Derby side but I honestly wouldn't take any of their players except Aaron Creswell at LB.. The rest are past it and frankly poor players..

And B4 no we won't win the league..

The same players we had last season you said were going down..

3 wins in 8 and you have the same feeling as a side that won 6 games on the bounce (twice)..

How do you come to such conclusions?

Probably same way u came to the one that was Barnsley would finish above derby last season, or no way would Chelsea beat Barcelona etc.....

Probably same way u came to the one that was Barnsley would finish above derby last season, or no way would Chelsea beat Barcelona etc.....

Both were highly more likely than Derby winning the league..

No-one accounted for Banrlsey losing 4 top NPC players in the space of a month..

As for Barca/Chelsea.. One in a hundred.. Raffle ticket..

Derby won't win the league.. No chance.. Our management team isn't good enough

And B4 no we won't win the league..

The same players we had last season you said were going down..

3 wins in 8 and you have the same feeling as a side that won 6 games on the bounce (twice)..

How do you come to such conclusions?

Apart from Coutts, Sammon, Keogh, Hughes or over 25% of the first team

TBH, I'd add Forest to Alpha's list based on the squad they have and the money being pumped in. I don't expect Derby to finish above them over 46 games in all honesty. I see top 6 as very remote like most, we're capable of flirting with it when in good form but ultimately anywhere in the 8th-14th places (ofwhich IMO not much separates them) is about right, depressing as that is for a misery guts like me.

Their playing staff? They're a bunch of FM type players with a reputation who had one good season a while ago and just happen to all play for the same team..

As a squad they're dire.. Just because you've heard of the players doesn't mean they're good.. I don't particularly rate our Derby side but I honestly wouldn't take any of their players except Aaron Creswell at LB.. The rest are past it and frankly poor players..

Thats a little condescending " just because you have heard of players doesnt mean they are good"!! Im 50 years old with 1000s of games watched, all over the planet..plus I have played at a very high level and coached at league level. Wind your neck in son.

Thats a little condescending " just because you have heard of players doesnt mean they are good"!! Im 50 years old with 1000s of games watched, all over the planet..plus I have played at a very high level and coached at league level. Wind your neck in son.

sprog .. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Yes, but Bris has a TEFL qualification and watches a lot of football on the telly 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

I wasn't judging you.. I was using the 'you form' as plural.. As in recognizable players.. Ipswich have a lot of recognizable players that made a name for themselves for having a decent season or being linked with a few clubs once upon a time.. Or perhaps just because they're old..

But Scotland, Emmanuel Thomas, Chopra, Ellington, Carlos Edwards, Higgingbottom, Scott Loach, Lee Martin, Adam Drury, Luke Chambers, Sonko from last year, Bullard from last year, Lee Bowyer from last year.. They're all typical FM players or old past it players that are frankly poor players today.. Jewell clearly went for experience but actually bought a whole team of oldies mixed in with a few FM players with reputations like Loach, Martin and Emmanuel Thomas.. Who all happen to be average/poor..

Seriously, their squad is dire..

Their only decent player is perhaps the one no-one has heard of and that's Aaron Creswell.. But he must be pretty damaged now after playing with that lot..

OK Stocks I will bite is that a reference to latitude, altitude or the Allsvenskan?

Derby won't win the league.. No chance.. Our management team isn't good enough

I think that's a little simplistic. There are many reasons why we won't go up. Our management team might not be top of the class but they do a decent job in my view. Surely, nobody really expects us to be promoted anyway so what's all the fuss about?

Clough was linked with Cresswell as I recall but we couldn't afford him. Hmmm, now then, what does that remind me of....

Archived