Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Hucknall Ram

Seemingly being content to be a championship side in 13/14 seems directionless to me - a big slap of ambition and determination needed.

We have a good team here, for my money anyway - mising 2 or 3 faces but on the whole a growing young side with bags of potential...

Just quoted this bit because I think if we look in context of over Cloughs reign it is interesting.

We are now missing just 2-3 faces (most people agree a goal scorer and for some creativity) how many were we missing 3 years ago? I'd say 7 or 8

Yep it's a slow build but things are improving slowly.

We have a young squad on long contracts that appear to be forming a close bit team that can play football at times. We create chances but are missing the finisher.

It's taking time but I think Clough has put the nucleus of a good squad together - check out the contract dates thread - that can be together for the next three years to really start ticking.

No doubt a player or two will leave in the Summer (Tyson and Theo would be my guess) freeing up room to bring in a striker. other areas of the squad not needing to be strengthened.

So far 2 new Goallies, a new back four and a new midfield brought in strikers that were stop gaps rather than prime targets (except Sammon) so next it will be strikers that are the focus.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

other areas of the squad not needing to be strengthened.

A proper left-back still needed. Roberts is not good enough and never was. It's time for him to go due to his age though. O'Connor isn't LB and not that good player either. Freeman is right back who wasn't good enough for NF despite they had no left backs at all. Hoganson? Dont think so. Still think we need a new CB too. Barker is finished. Buxton is a joke. Not sure about O`Brien. It`s too early to talk about Gjokaj. There are some areas that needing to be strengthened in the Derby team besides striker department.

Thanks for your informed opinion.

Are you a doctor? If not how do you know Barker is finished

Have you seen Hoganson or Freeman play? I haven't seen much of them so I might agree with you

Buxton is not a joke

Even without talking about OB and Gjokai we have Barker, Keogh and Buxton at centre half.

Buxton is not a joke

Ok, i'll call him a DCFCFANS forum's muppet. The only object of not funny jokes and sarcasm in every other topic on this board. I do not know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him when i watching him play. I`m sure we can/must have better than him. I don't give a **** about his attitude while he is so utterly useless player.

Barker is back walking now, and is a few weeks off jogging, so to say he's finished is pathetic. Keogh and Barker next season will be formidable. Coupled with Brayford and a new left back, the same midfield, that has an average age of 22, and a good striker we've got a team. Still with the like of Jacobs, Freeman, Gjokaj, Bennett all progressing really well.

So bore off CloughIsBoring

A proper left-back still needed. Roberts is not good enough and never was. It's time for him to go due to his age though. O'Connor isn't LB and not that good player either. Freeman is right back who wasn't good enough for NF despite they had no left backs at all. Hoganson? Dont think so. Still think we need a new CB too. Barker is finished. Buxton is a joke. Not sure about O`Brien. It`s too early to talk about Gjokaj. There are some areas that needing to be strengthened in the Derby team besides striker department.

Better to be thought a fool than commit it to writing and confirm it!!!

Any

The worst post i've read on here in years, thanks.

Don't worry mate. I heard Terry read your post and has agreed to sign baste on your realistic gripes with our defence.

Ok, i'll call him a DCFCFANS forum's muppet. The only object of not funny jokes and sarcasm in every other topic on this board. I do not know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him when i watching him play. I`m sure we can/must have better than him. I don't give a **** about his attitude while he is so utterly useless player.

Are you bris in disguise?

So now we have the ability to score past 75 mins things are all rosey?

I'm embarassed by what some people are saying on here.. Actually embarassed.. If you're happy with 3 draws in the NPC or 3 points out of 3 games then by the seasons end you'd be happy with finishing in the lower half.. We've picked up 14 points from 11 games, we're on for 56 points from 44 games.. Are you really happy about that? Being another 15 points off the playoffs?

If drawing at home to anyone higher with a bigger wage bill than us, higher in the league, spent more than us etc.. And any away draw is a good point you're basically saying that 55-60 points a season is a good season... Where the feck is your ambition.. If you're trying to say the playoffs aren't a realistic target in a league of 24 average teams we mayaswell just give up now..

What makes Ipswich/Peterborough away any more winnable than Blackburn at home? When Blackburn failed to win at Ipswich?

I'm afraid it's been like this for the last 3 years and thats why i am currently staying away. You don't have to be Stephen Hawkings to work out why there is no atmosphere at the games now, all the passionate fans have walked away in despair at the inertia ,leaving people who mus'nt grumble.

Nigel's brief is not to get relegated and he will meet this target easily enough, he may even be on a bonus to find players and sell on for a profit.

Glick said previously that the owners did'nt want to get promoted because it cost them so much money the last time and you don't need to be a premiership club to build a shopping mall.

Its interesting that whenever a managerial vacancy arrises Nigel is never linked with the job, look at Dougie Freedman, the mess he walked into at Palace was ten times worse then at Derby yet his record there has earned him a better job.

I have said this before but under the current manager and owners we will stagnate and crowds will continue to fall, we had less than Brighton and Charlton on saturday, both recently promoted from Div 3.

I'm afraid it's been like this for the last 3 years and thats why i am currently staying away. You don't have to be Stephen Hawkings to work out why there is no atmosphere at the games now, all the passionate fans have walked away in despair at the inertia ,leaving people who mus'nt grumble.

Nigel's brief is not to get relegated and he will meet this target easily enough, he may even be on a bonus to find players and sell on for a profit.

Glick said previously that the owners did'nt want to get promoted because it cost them so much money the last time and you don't need to be a premiership club to build a shopping mall.

Its interesting that whenever a managerial vacancy arrises Nigel is never linked with the job, look at Dougie Freedman, the mess he walked into at Palace was ten times worse then at Derby yet his record there has earned him a better job.

I have said this before but under the current manager and owners we will stagnate and crowds will continue to fall, we had less than Brighton and Charlton on saturday, both recently promoted from Div 3.

Don't recall them ever saying that they didn't want to get promoted. It was more along theirs that it may not be necessary.

Any body running a Championship club will want promotion because the big money is made in the Premiership. Our lot appear to want to do it as cheaply as possible and are happy to play the img game

Will you come back if this team continues to improve?

Might have something to do with him not having right Coaching badge to move clubs. Do a bit if research and you'll find the facts are he can't move clubs without doing the next level badge - but he can stay at Derby.

Archived