Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Hucknall Ram

I can't see anyone but Eric Black managing Blackburn, even if they appoint a new manager today I can't see them taking charge for Saturday. Apparently they've been poor under Black but you can't deny their quality, plus Ward looks likely to miss it.

1-1 I'll go. Robinson and Rhodes.

Wahey I finally got one right! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have been happy with a point before the game so I'm happy.

Why are you happy with a point against a fellow midtable NPC club at home?

Don't you want to see Derby in the PL?

Draws are so pointless, we've lost 6 points in the past 3 games in which 2 are at home.. I'm not happy about that as I want to see us in the PL, not the NPC.

Well done Bucko for being voted MOM. But how?

Lego had a really good game today

Bradford did well 2nd half getti forward but his crossing was woeful, hit first man every time

Keogh I thought played very well, won all his headers and looked to bring the ball out

Bucko, won most things

O'Connor is most certainly not a left back

Hughes looks like he needs a rest, was totally ineffective

Hendrick similar

Bryson drove the team forward last 20, his energy is astonishing

Coutts dipped in and out of the game

Sammon had a shocker

Robinson wasn't any better, but was in the right place at the right time

Subs

Jacobs made a positive impact

Tyson did more in his first 30 seconds than Sammon and Robison combined did for the entire game, namely force the keeper to make a save

We would probably have won this if the substitutions weren't left so late, both made a really good impact.

Overall another dull game in which we were second best in the first half but finished strongly and deserved a draw come the end

Why are you happy with a point against a fellow midtable NPC club at home?

Don't you want to see Derby in the PL?

Draws are so pointless, we've lost 6 points in the past 3 games in which 2 are at home.. I'm not happy about that as I want to see us in the PL, not the NPC.

I thought we played ok against proven Premiership players. Our passing and ball retention got better and better through the game.

We are on the right track, eventually Bris we will be playing the same style that you love so much. Factor in that we are trying to do it with a team that cost less than 1/2 the price of Jordan Rhodes and you can understand why some of us are pleased with the performance in general and the result.

I don't think Bucko was motm, i think he was the 'least *****'. Coutts was crap as always but i suppose none of you agree. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Its not so much that we don't agree JW, we just tend to ignore you.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Subs

Jacobs made a positive impact

Tyson did more in his first 30 seconds than Sammon and Robison combined did for the entire game, namely force the keeper to make a save

We would probably have won this if the substitutions weren't left so late, both made a really good impact.

Have to say I completely agree with this. Thought Tyson and Jacobs both had a positive impact on a game where we we going nowhere.

Hughes looks like he needs a rest, was totally ineffective

Bryson drove the team forward last 20, his energy is astonishing

Hughes was ineffective until he took on a deeper role, picking ball up, starting attacking play, allowing Bryson to do what he is best at - driving forward.

Like iv said since the start of the season after seeing the players we signed, we havnt signed players that will take us to the next level, we've signed players that will keep us established as a mid table team. Only way we will challenge for the playoffs is if Clough strikes afew miracle loans in January.

We're definitely on the right track, if we had a player that could take the chances we carve out every game we'd be pushing for promotion.

Past seasons we've been saying we need several players, this season I think we only need one. Or at least one of our players to step it up. It's nice to hear that Bryson is having more shots this time around, seems to have a few every game now but needs to start finishing them. Sammon or Robinson need to stop being wasteful.

We're hard to beat, that's the main thing but dammit lets score those chances and get winning.

I thought we were pretty lacklustre today. It said it all that Robinson didn't really have a save to make until Tyson's introduction.

In the first half, we were really lethargic. You'd think the players had just got off the plane from Miami that very moment. There was no fluency, no intensity and no cutting edge. We came out in the second half with slightly more oomph and that was where our best spells came - directly after half time for 20 minutes and then in the last 10 minutes - but even then we weren't convincing.

Yes, it was a relief to get a point in the end but it was tinged with disappointment. Blackburn were organised, disclipined and methodical but I don't think they would have left the pitch feeling like they had to dig in or play well for the point they gained. In a lot of ways, I think they were there for the taking and maybe if Clough had brought Tyson on sooner, the outcome would have been entirely different.

The only players to emerge with much credit were Legzdins who was very assured and produced two top class saves in the first half to keep us in the game and Keogh who produced another solid performance as well.

I think we need to step it up on Tuesday though. Another performance like that and we'll probably get the defeat it warrants.

Archived