Brammie Steve

Bradley Wiggins

Ellie Simmonds

Andy Murray

Sir Chris Hoy

Team GB Olympics

Team GB Paralympics

Any British Olympic Gold Medallist

Anyone who breaks our 76 year dearth of tennis grand slams and also wins a tennis gold medal.

Anyone who wins a gold having won the Tour de France.

How is anyone to distinguish between all these achievements and decide who will win the sports personality of the year in this amazing 2012?

Any thoughts?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 3 so far (according to RD) is

Bradley Wiggins

Andy Murray

Jess Ennis.

But how to decide who actually wins it is very difficult, they're all the best at what they do. It's so hard to choose.

But, saying that, they're all winners anyway and the Palace has announced that the New Year Honours list is to be extended this year, so there's going to be Knighthoods and Ladyships flying about everywhere. They all deserve the accolades, they've been brilliant.

Haven't seen anyone mention David Weir.

I mean - four gold medals at distances from 800 metres to the marathon?

After three golds he said he was 'a bit tired' but having two days off should set him up for the marathon.

Next time a footballer moans about playing twice in a week, spit in his eye.

A Tour de France winner has to trump the lot, surely.

Not to mention also this year winning

the 8-stage Paris-Nice

the 6 stage Tour de Romandie

the 8-stage Criterium du Dauphine (the only man in history to win all 3 in a single season)

plus

an Olympic Gold medal in the time trial

3rd in the 5-stage Volta ao Algarve

and busting a gut in a vain attempt to get Cav to the front in the Olympic Road race just 6 ays after the finish of the T de F.

And you mention Andy 'charysma' Murray. How very dare you.

Not to mention also this year winning

the 8-stage Paris-Nice

the 6 stage Tour de Romandie

the 8-stage Criterium du Dauphine (the only man in history to win all 3 in a single season)

plus

an Olympic Gold medal in the time trial

3rd in the 5-stage Volta ao Algarve

and busting a gut in a vain attempt to get Cav to the front in the Olympic Road race just 6 ays after the finish of the T de F.

And you mention Andy 'charysma' Murray. How very dare you.

Shall we list Andy's other achievements this year too or would you rather we didn't?

And since when has has it really had anything to do with with "'Personality"? How very dare you.

[size=1]Just being devil's advocate - it must be the toughest year ever...[/size]

Murray ?? 'Personality ??'.. he ain't..

To me a personality is a popular, likeable character..he's neither..

Now we're getting someplace!

The key has got to be "personality".

someone who inspires the rest of us.

Someone who makes us stop what we are doing to watch them every time they appear.

Someone who makes us feel that life is a good state to be in.

Someone.....Like Ellie Simmonds!

Or Bradley Wiggins

Or

Or

Or

[size=1]Jake Buxton!!!?[/size]

Or Andy Murray? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Just because he doesn't jump up and down like a man posessed, doesn't mean he isn't an ok bloke does it? He's been in the spotlight for ages now, maybe he's just developed a different persona, different to the one his family sees?

Like us lot, he's just an individual doing things in his own way. I don't get why some people dislike him just because he's more reserved than others are. I reckon that's a tad shallow and takes away what he's actually achieved in his career.

Now we're getting someplace!

The key has got to be "personality".

someone who inspires the rest of us.

Someone who makes us stop what we are doing to watch them every time they appear.

Someone who makes us feel that life is a good state to be in.

Someone.....Like Ellie Simmonds!

Or Bradley Wiggins

Or

Or

Or

[size=1]Jake Buxton!!!?[/size]

I stop what I am doing every time Jessica Ennis appears. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived