Sports Personality of the Year 2012

Brammie Steve

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think team of the year has to go to team gb, young personality got no idea?

Young personality is obvious.

[size=6]Ellie Simmonds[/size]

Only 17 now with 3 golds a silver, a bronze, an MBE and still finds time for her GCSEs.

She's from Walsall and has to live away from home to train in an Olympic sized pool.

And she's all of four feet tall!

Only 17 now with 3 golds a silver, a bronze, an MBE and still finds time for her GCSEs.

She's from Walsall and has to live away from home to train in an Olympic sized pool.

oh yh, keep on forgettin how young she is

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Poulter? The greatest away day comeback in Ryder cup history, inspired by him on day 2. Granted, maybe not the same accomplishment as other's being mentioned, but remember the title of the award..... "personality" and Poulter has bags of it! Don't think he'll get near it, but worth a mention.

Greg Rusedski won it just for getting to the US Open final. Andy won the US Open, and reached the Wimbledon final, and won Olympic Gold. He won't get it this year, because one day soon he WILL win Wimbledon, and that is what people are waiting for.to vote him Sports Personality of the Year.

Personally, I think winning any Major in tennis in today's game, with the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic, is a much bigger achievement than the plethora of accolades we get from throwing huge sums of lottery money on cycling. Yes Bradley Wiggins is very good at it, but he's one of many Brits that are very good at it. Andy Murray is the best British tennis player ever. and this year for me he proved it, credit where it is due.

Sorry! Four golds! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Greg Rusedski won it just for getting to the US Open final. Andy won the US Open, and reached the Wimbledon final, and won Olympic Gold. He won't get it this year, because one day soon he WILL win Wimbledon, and that is what people are waiting for.to vote him Sports Personality of the Year.

Personally, I think winning any Major in tennis in today's game, with the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic, is a much bigger achievement than the plethora of accolades we get from throwing huge sums of lottery money on cycling. Yes Bradley Wiggins is very good at it, but he's one of many Brits that are very good at it. Andy Murray is the best British tennis player ever. and this year for me he proved it, credit where it is due.

Best British tennis player EVER.... ha ha...yeah of course he is.......hmmmm....or would Fred "8 Singles slams" Perry be considered SLIGHTLY better than that??

Sue Barker won as many slams as Murray has..

As for slating Wiggins because of the money he has "thrown at him" have you any idea how hard it is to do what he did this year?? No one has EVER done it before, EVER.....EVER......EVER.....

Wiggo by an absolute mile.

You can add Olympic Silver to that too.

What a ridiculous statement.

Different athletes, different sports.

Murray couldn't do what Wiggins does, Wiggins couldn't do what Murray does either.

not at all....

i was replying to the Murray is the greatest tennis player ever....... now THAT was a ridiculous statement....

I thought it was greatest British tennis player ever - equally I don't think he is because I think Perry won more grand slams

However Murray I think has more career titles than the vast majority of British tennis players over the past 30 years, even if he's only managed one slam, one Olympic gold, one Olympic silver a couple of slam finals and a whole host of slam semi finals.

not at all....

i was replying to the Murray is the greatest tennis player ever....... now THAT was a ridiculous statement....

It would be a ridiculous statement, but not one that I made you ignorant fool. Going back to my actual statement of Andy being the best BRITISH tennis player ever, If Fred Perry at his peak was brought into the present, then Andy Murray would slaughter him, it's blatant. The game has improved so much, Andy has improved with it to compete. For example, Sampras wouldn't have nearly as many titles if he had to compete with the current top players every year. You're a broken record Muespach, and a very boring one at that.

Archived