Huddersfield Town v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, why?

;It's called not caring. Derby fans feel they have a choice, do what we can to get him out of the team and the club. Or feel sorry for him and stay quiet.'

I'm confused as to why you and others think they have the desire, ability and right to hound players out of the club.

So why bring up an accusation that Doyle's selection is being forced on the manager by the owners? And offer not one scintilla of evidence to back it up?

GboroRam that's a bit strong. I said "I wonder if Doyle being picked has anything to do with his nationality and the nationality of our owners?" I didn't post it as an accusation but as a point for discussion. I certainly don't have any evidence because I don't know if it's true. That's why I said "I wonder".

I wouldn't rule it out though. There's been a lot of head scratching since the team was announced yesterday. I understand Clough himself said that Doyle isn't ready. Maybe he's sending a message to the owners through the media?

i believe Doyle is in the final year of his contract. i also believe Nigel said that he needs to impress and make a claim for the first team or there will be no extension seeing as Doyle has been impressing in the U21s Nigel gave him a chance in the first team at Huddersfield. that's probably why he played not because he is the same nationality as our owners.

Confdence is a severe problem for him. Actually watch him during a game, he is scared to show for the ball and when he does get it he wants rid as soon as possible. Classic traits of a player who expects his own fans to boo him.

Um....characteristic of a player who knows he isnt good enough and is hiding.

Thats why he reminds me of thirwell

Why is that childish?

You have probably seen Doyle play 3 or 4 matches and have decided he is not good enough and we should get rid of him.

Yesterday he was booed throughout, then cheered of the pitch yet other players do not get the same treatment. I think Hendrick was our worst player yesterday, why the fans not calling for him to be subbed?

I didn't hear any booing.

I don't think he hid, but he did try to pass whenever he got the ball, as he hasn't the pace to beat a man.

Ok thats fair comment.....Maybe 'hiding' is not the right word, but he certainly looks like he'd be quite happy if the ball never came near him, and he could just trot about and look busy.

Ok thats fair comment.....Maybe 'hiding' is not the right word, but he certainly looks like he'd be quite happy if the ball never came near him, and he could just trot about and look busy.

I thought he did ok after the first 15 minutes, but is low on confidence/nervous. The main problem is, no-one is sure what is position is.

the only reason clough put doyle in was to make a statment to the rest of the team that if you put the effort in training then you get a game

I'm reading a brian clough biography at the moment.

Apparently he was quite idle in training.

Peter Taylor told him to save it for saturday and not waste his energy in training.

I thought he did ok after the first 15 minutes, but is low on confidence/nervous. The main problem is, no-one is sure what is position is.

He gave it away four or five times in the first 20 minutes....I'm sad enough to have counted.

GboroRam that's a bit strong. I said "I wonder if Doyle being picked has anything to do with his nationality and the nationality of our owners?" I didn't post it as an accusation but as a point for discussion. I certainly don't have any evidence because I don't know if it's true. That's why I said "I wonder".

I wouldn't rule it out though. There's been a lot of head scratching since the team was announced yesterday. I understand Clough himself said that Doyle isn't ready. Maybe he's sending a message to the owners through the media?

So you think Clough would endanger his own safety and the club's success by purposely not picking the strongest team he can, just to get one over on the board? Do you think that tactic would work? If I tried that in my job, I don't think I'd last long.

And you think he's a manager we should stand by, even though you think he might be capable of doing something as destructive as that?

Give over - it's just yet another dig at the board, which is all you ever have to say. Can't be Clough's fault for picking the team, must be the board's fault somehow.

I've got no love for the current owners but I don't see any alternative stepping forward at the minute. For some reason there's a shortage of people willing to spend millions each year just to stand still.

I'm not saying Clough isn't picking the strongest team, but he may feel under pressure to play the American and Coutts injury gave him the chance. Post match he then sends a message that Doyle isn't ready. Plausible?

I absolutely think he's a manager we should stand by. I think his ability to get the best out of the budget available to him is right up there with many. I just wish the board would recognise the potential if they gave him a fighting chance to compete.

As for alternative boards stepping forward, I really hope so. We're going nowhere under this lot unless Clough works a miracle with one hand tied behind his back.

Archived