Attendance v Watford

Asanovic

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, couldn't see it.

20,608. Is that the lowest for a league game at Pride Park on a Saturday?

None of the Premiership games will have been that low, and I guess the two play off seasons were well attended (always seemed it anyway), so there aren't too many seasons to play with.

Watford brought what looked like 1,000, which isn't remarkably low.

Seems to be a sign of the times. I saw empty seats at Old Trafford when United played Fulham, and yesterday at Man City.

What do you think the biggest cause of drop in gates is at Derby? Disgruntled fans or skint fans?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, couldn't see it.

20,608. Is that the lowest for a league game at Pride Park on a Saturday?

None of the Premiership games will have been that low, and I guess the two play off seasons were well attended (always seemed it anyway), so there aren't too many seasons to play with.

Watford brought what looked like 1,000, which isn't remarkably low.

Seems to be a sign of the times. I saw empty seats at Old Trafford when United played Fulham, and yesterday at Man City.

What do you think the biggest cause of drop in gates is at Derby? Disgruntled fans or skint fans?

Wigan got 16k so at least one premier league attendance was lowere

There were only 21k derby fans on opening day so low attendance to be expected

I think 4 seasons in the championship with little to get excited about has put attendances back down to the core supporters - I can remember not getting much more than that at the baseball ground in the old first division under cox.

Skint fans and fans that have got fed up of not watching Preniership football I think ate the reasons.

After 2 games of the season we are at around 24k average so not the lowest yet.

I think we'll average around 24 come May too, the likes of Forest, Leeds and even Leicester at home help our average out. I imagine Birmingham, Wolves and Huddersfield will also be 24,000+.

Season tickets will be down after a 10% cost increase in a recession. Match tickets down as they are expensive, it seems the variable pricing hasn't worked yet. Lack of inspiration in the transfer market, particularly selling Shackell and failing to build on last season's progress. Mid table does not bring fans out!

There isn't just one factor why it was down yesterday, I see it as a combination of:

A new matchday ticketing system

School/summer holidays,

Low amount of away fans

Fans unhappy with Shackell sell

Fans being skint

Fans unhappy with scunny and sheff results.

Tbh I don't care, I will watch the rams all be it with 33000 people there or one man and his dog

There isn't just one factor why it was down yesterday, I see it as a combination of:

A new matchday ticketing system

School/summer holidays,

Low amount of away fans

Fans unhappy with Shackell sell

Fans being skint

Fans unhappy with scunny and sheff results.

Tbh I don't care, I will watch the rams all be it with 33000 people there or one man and his dog

I thought the point of flexible ticket prices is that unattractive opposition like Watford (ie not local or a big team no offence to Watford intended) was that we would charge lower matchday prices for these kind of games.

Doesnt seem to have worked on Saturday.

Still 20 goals in first 3 home games seems like Pride Park is the place to be for entertainment.

I was surprised with the attendance yesterday, especially with the nice weather and the fact Watford must have been one of the cheapest Sat games this year? Good day out in my book!

maybe if you bought the ticket weeks ago it was .. but i checked on the wearederby site yesterday morning and it was quoting £32

for a B cat seat (not including £3 matchday premium) so if someone had decided they might fancy going to the game on the day it would have set them back £35 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

How many people would pay that to see an early season game against a tinpot team ?

hence lowest league attendance at pp ever ...

this whole damand based pricing has been a complete disaster they need to sort this out asap ...

Diginex out !

Yanks out !

Clough in !

maybe if you bought the ticket weeks ago it was .. but i checked on the wearederby site yesterday morning and it was quoting £32

for a B cat seat (not including £3 matchday premium) so if someone had decided they might fancy going to the game on the day it would have set them back £35 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

How many people would pay that to see an early season game against a tinpot team ?

hence lowest league attendance at pp ever ...

this whole damand based pricing has been a complete disaster they need to sort this out asap ...

Diginex out !

Yanks out !

Clough in !

Wow, didn't realise that! £35 vs Watford is a joke, I worry what the attendances will be like for the Friday night games, should be interesting to see.

Te queue for the ticket office after the game yesterday was the longest I've seen it. But I have to agree that it's a mixture of things that have driven the low attendances. Remember we sold 1,000 less season tickets, too so unless we perform like yesterday, all the time, then our attendances are going to be lower every week.

Archived