Who are our best 2?

EnigmaRam

Thorne and Hughes every day of the week, both a class above the rest of our midfield. In the mean time however, Johnson is more than adequate in thornes place, think his importance this season has been vastly underrated due to his time last season, having a very good season in my view.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Bryson, think a lot of people forget he was one of the players who propelled us into the play-off's last season when he came back and became undroppable, if we can't find anyone who we can offload him to, I'd be happy with him sticking around.

He played alright in the Forest game and has shown a few flashes this year, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have a club legend stick around a bit longer :ph34r:

Not being able to see Thorne and Hughes form a midfield partnership over the last couple of years, due to injuries has been so ******* frustrating. Both fully fit, i think it would be a premiership quality midfield and would give us a great chance of seriously challenging for promotion. Maybe next season, but I'm starting to lose hope that it will ever happen now. 

I'd say Thorne and Hughes but I'd be worried it's a little lacking in bite and tempo and that Hughes wouldn't be able to get forward enough.

Depends a bit on who you play behind the main striker too.If that's Vydra then we're a bit light on midfielder cover if Hughes goes beyond.

However if you play with two defensive fullbacks and Thorne then we'd be a lot less vulnerable at the back, so should be able to retain our shape enough to cope.

I think it'll be mixed up throughout the season to be honest depending on form and opposition. Clement tried this but it didn't quite work so hopefully GR will be able to get things more fluid.

In short... Hughes and Thorne not sure why I bothered to drone on about the other crap...

Archived