Favourite vegetable

dog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be the potato?

Has a vegetable ever been so versatile, chipped, roasted, mashed, sliced, jacket, boiled, baked?

Goes with everything, but like the village tart, you can never get enough.

Fancy places try to supplant it, by offering crisps made of turnip, Butternut Squash and Parsnip, but you and I both know that the humble tata knocks the competition into a cocked hat!

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Must be the potato?

Has a vegetable ever been so versatile, chipped, roasted, mashed, sliced, jacket, boiled, baked?

Fancy places try to supplant it, by offering crisps made of turnip, Butternut Squash and Parsnip, but you and I both know that the humble tata knocks the competition into a cocked hat!

Isn't the potato a false veg?

Parsnip for me, closely followed by turnip and carrot.

1 minute ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Isn't the potato a false veg?

Parsnip for me, closely followed by turnip and carrot.

In what way is it a false veg?

I must have missed the potato animals roaming the plains!

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Must be the potato?

Potatoes are tubers. Not vegetables. :whistle:

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Must be the potato?

Surely we can't relegate the potato to the status of a mere vegetable. I don't care what the botanists say! Rice and pasta can **** off too, just second-rate potato substitutes when you think about it. Physical assault is the only appropriate response to someone who offers you a butternut squash crisp. 

Archived