the silence is deafening

t'oldu

1 hour ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Why is it? Our season finished less than a week ago ffs. Some people need a chill pill

I think it is symptomatic of a 'want it now' generation, brought up in a 24/7 breaking news-type world.  No patience, no understanding of all the end of season processes a club has to get through, no consideration of how important it is to get this next appointment right, they just want something to happen, NOW! 

In 2014/15 our season ended on May 2nd, and it was just over 4 weeks before our new Head Coach was appointed, so it could be mid-June before any decisions are made this time.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jayram said:

I think it is symptomatic of a 'want it now' generation, brought up in a 24/7 breaking news-type world.  No patience, no understanding of all the end of season processes a club has to get through, no consideration of how important it is to get this next appointment right, they just want something to happen, NOW! 

In 2014/15 our season ended on May 2nd, and it was just over 4 weeks before our new Head Coach was appointed, so it could be mid-June before any decisions are made this time.

Haha. This mad me laugh. 100% true 

5 minutes ago, Jayram said:

That's a little spurious. Those four weeks involved the club being taken over and the sacking of a permanent head coach.

This time we don't appear to in the midst of an ownership change, and the club have had several months to decide how they were going to replace the head coach. 

I think it was always going to take a week to get things into place, so I do agree that the 'deafening silence' theme is a little premature. I'd be surprised if things haven't fallen into place by this time next week.

Not intrested in how long it takes as long as we appear to get it right.Can assume a shortlist had been drawn up before the end of the season and perhaps recent events at Everton and rumours of Bruce have given the board more food for thought.

Would be great to have some one installed sooner rather than later so that they have the closed season to address club and squad isuies , identify how we are going to progress and put ourselves and presumably the players out of our misery.

One thing for sure,their is no excuse for poor selection considering the time Mel has had to address the situation and his apparent focus on how he wants the squad and club to develop.

Who ever becomes appointed will get my support I just hope they meet our expectations.

33 minutes ago, Jayram said:

100 percent true......

Not asking for the name of the new manager or  important news..............just a small indication that those up there are still alive and care about us down here.    We used to have communication via local media but  that now seems a long time ago .   

2 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

I have just been handed a statement from our Chairman to read out:" Sorry about this season's shambles,there will be changes for next season,if I fail again I will resign and let someone else take over,thank you all". 

The depressing thing is, there are some utter dimwits who claim to be Derby fans who would actually welcome such words.

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

Whilst I'm on the subject of depressing things, it's perhaps more a 'feel that they are entitled to it now' as opposed to 'want it now' generation.

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

I wanted to write similar text but it would've taken too much time...

7 hours ago, toldu said:

Not asking for details but a sort of thanks for your support last season/sorry we fell at the last hurdle type gesture would be nice. The  silence is  dismissive of our existence.. Hello you up there.....................

Agree with this. Not left my house since Tuesday because I am waiting for Mel, Wassall and the players to come round my house to apologise.

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree with this. Not left my house since Tuesday because I am waiting for Mel, Wassall and the players to come round my house to apologise.

They've already been to mine, obviously don't think you're worthy.

The season finishes at Wembley next week. If Mel does something instantly, it will look like panic. If it goes pear shaped he will be criticised for not taking his time. If he takes his time and misses a big fish, it will also be his fault. He has already told us that Redknapp is here until the end of the season and that Wassall is here on the same basis. He has also told us that interviews will be arranged and that Wassall will be considered. What else do we need to know until the interviews are arranged? if it was open to applications, i would think 50+  have applied. Mel will pick his team and take all the flack and get some of the praise. Mel needs to be tough skinned because whatever he does, a lot of people will not like it. there is no concensus of opinion as to who is best. However, only Wassall and Redknapp have a clue what the Derby Way actually is. Mel will show no partiality because he is a businessman. He is not making money out of sentimentality or by pandering to Derby fans who hold 30,000 different opinions.

Best of luck, Mel what a guy, you are certainly going to need it.

I'd rather Mel takes his time and examines all possible plans before making his decision.  If you believe the bookies/rumours from last season he'd made up his mind about PC way before the end of the season, and look at how that turned out.  I'm hoping for two things, firstly he interviews as many candidates as possible, and secondly, he throws Sherwood's CV in the bin...  After wiping his arse on it...

Archived