Super Paul Clement

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing frustrating me still after sleeping on it is the lack of use in our 'strength in depth'.

Russell was clearly completely ****** on Sunday, we paid 2.5 million for Weimann and we're not using him. Or have we all given up on him already?

What game were you watching on Sunday? I thought Russell was superb and gave the full back hell all game and got a nice goal as well. 

The one thing frustrating me still after sleeping on it is the lack of use in our 'strength in depth'.

Russell was clearly completely ****** on Sunday, we paid 2.5 million for Weimann and we're not using him. Or have we all given up on him already?

What game were you watching on Sunday? I thought Russell was superb and gave the full back hell all game and got a nice goal as well. 

Yep that doesn't make sense, Russell's second half performance against Wolves was good enough to get him a start last night. I do think we'll see Baird, Hendrick, Forsyth and Weimann start of Saturday though!

sorry the censorship confused what I was meant to say. 

I meant Russell was clearly very tired by the end of the game.

A step backwards at last nights game - I hope the Wolves performance was not just a fluke!

How on earth can a point gained in an away fixture against a physical, uncompromising Blackburn side be a step backwards? To expect performances like Sundays' every match is naive in the extreme and shows a complete lack of understanding of professional sport.

I'd like to see him given at least a couple of games instead of Ince.  And no, that's not because I'm singling Ince out to be the new whipping boy, but because he's been poor the last few games.  Hendrick's upturn in form shows what can happen with a little kick up the 'arris so I hope PC applies the same to him.  We have a great squad, let's use it a bit more...

TobyWanKenobi

How on earth can a point gained in an away fixture against a physical, uncompromising Blackburn side be a step backwards? To expect performances like Sundays' every match is naive in the extreme and shows a complete lack of understanding of professional sport.

Blackburn are mid table mediocrity at best. We're supposed to be aiming for promotion.

Drawing with them should be disappointing. It's by no means a disaster, taking the positives, we didn't lose and didn't concede, but the facts remain the result doesn't really help our end of season goals all that much.

3rd place was there for the taking.

Blackburn are mid table mediocrity at best. We're supposed to be aiming for promotion.

Drawing with them should be disappointing. It's by no means a disaster, taking the positives, we didn't lose and didn't concede, but the facts remain the result doesn't really help our end of season goals all that much.

Some utter garbage in this thread, and some good stuff.

The above is a good example of both.

To go to a very average side like Blackburn and set out a negative approach to the game and aim for a point......And yet again a very poor performance from a side full of attacking ability.

We are not going to play the same as the Wolves game every week, but we should be aiming to win every game and not settle for a point- the performance was a complete let down.

Totally agree, Blackburn away, I would have thought that is a game we would/should be taking 3 pts from- but to setting out our stall for a point is a very disappointing - we should be continuing the momentum and going for a win, come on its Blackburn Rovers, not a team that is currently flying high in the championship. 

We should have played for the win and that 3rd spot.......

The three midfielders that started last night don't seem to gel well together. We only really started to look good when Hendrick came back into the side and looked like a completely different player- he was playing intelligent through balls against Burnley and Wolves, which really sped us up as a unit. Butterfield, in spite of being bought as he's a Will Hughes type player, doesn't seem to do that. He drops the tempo and we look sluggish. Hope Jeff is back for Saturday, he makes a difference.

And whilst I was disappointed we didn't win last night, Blackburn haven't lost at home since the opening day and have racked to two convincing wins (2-0 and 3-0) in their last two home games. Their less than impressive away record means they have to keep the good home record going to avoid a relegation battle. Reminds me of one of the Clough years where our home record was impeccable but we might as well have just not bothered turning up to the away fixtures.

All in all a point and a clean sheet isn't a disaster. 

Totally agree, Blackburn away, I would have thought that is a game we would/should be taking 3 pts from- but to setting out our stall for a point is a very disappointing - we should be continuing the momentum and going for a win, come on its Blackburn Rovers, not a team that is currently flying high in the championship. 

We should have played for the win and that 3rd spot.......

Because that would guarantee play off place wouldn't it? Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley, we're the...Wait?!? What do you mean there is still 6 1/2 months left of the season?

Because that would guarantee play off place wouldn't it? Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley, we're the...Wait?!? What do you mean there is still 6 1/2 months left of the season?

No,  it simply means we continue the momentum but instead we put in another negative performance and it seems Clement would rather settle for a point than going for a win against a team in the bottom half of the table. Very strange knowing what attacking talent we have available?

We are now more than a quarter the way through the season and we still have only one 90 minute performance [Wolves last week] - So why would he rather settle for a point and lose that momentum?

We will still get the ostriches coming on here and saying oh everything is fine and we are continually playing fantastic ball and putting in great performances each game then bury their heads back in the sand till the next game........

No,  it simply means we continue the momentum but instead we put in another negative performance and it seems Clement would rather settle for a point than going for a win against a team in the bottom half of the table. Very strange knowing what attacking talent we have available?

We are now more than a quarter the way through the season and we still have only one 90 minute performance [Wolves last week] - So why would he rather settle for a point and lose that momentum?

Just to piss you off.

You're so damned attractive when you are angry.

No, it simply means we continue the momentum but instead we put in another negative performance and it seems Clement would rather settle for a point than going for a win against a team in the bottom half of the table. Very strange knowing what attacking talent we have available?

We will still get the ostriches coming on here and saying oh everything is fine and we are continually playing fantastic ball and putting in great performances each game then bury their heads back in the sand till the next 

Maybe the momentum carries from being undefeated? The performance wasn't there, did I say it was? How do you know what Clement wanted from the game? Was you in the changing room? At the training ground? Were you in the team meetings? Away from home we are making sure we are hard to beat (nothing wrong with that) we may be slightly more restricted in our approach so far but it will be a case of getting that balance right between attack and defence away from home and tweaking it to get it right everytime. We aren't going to win every game and we aren't going to perform like we did against Wolves every game. We had an off night but we were solid, kept a clean sheet and came with a point. Sure I want us to win every game but I know we are not going to do that.

Actually, Ralph, that is a myth about ostriches, how would they breathe if there head was buried in the sand?

Archived