What are your expectations?

Bris Vegas

What are your expectations?  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How anyone can say anything other than top 2 is beyond me, we've spent in excess of £20,000,000!

A complete failure if promotion isn't achieved, the biggest failure the Football League has ever seen.

If we'd bought Johnson and Butterfield in June I may have agreed with you

We're already 9 points down on last season comparitively so it would take a remarkable recovery to make the play offs. This is therefore what I expect.  5th or 6th finish but have to not just make up those lost points somewhere but find a couple extra. 

Plenty of games to make up those 9 points. Like Brum, Cardiff, (exchange for Wigan and Millwall) at home.

We actually picked up some cracking wins last season, often unexpectedly in places we don't usually win - Reading, Birmingham, Bolton, Watford and Cardiff. 

But we also dropped a shed load of points too, especially on the road. To get 90 points from the start we've had would be extremely impressive, but it's still totally doable.

It's been a while since we've had a long winning run. Strangely enough, last season our longest winning run at any one time was only three matches. 

I'm not sure where this season is going. I've a suspicion that we could end up back at wembley.

but we need to start playing some decent football first.

we need width. And we need players who actually want the ball.

alot of players are quite happy to pass and give it to someone else gareth roberts style.

this is why we endlessly pass it about. Not because we are playing a clever possession game. But because there are very few players who actually want to take responsibility.

lets attack ffs. 

We should finish in the top 2 with the money thrown at this team, I hope for the board's and Mel's sake they get the return on their money. We have complained for years of penny pinching and others buying their way into the mix, well we're the spenders now and I don't want us to have egg on our faces. Top 6 after a team which has shown it is has the ability to lead the league and 20 million on top? If it was my money I'd be severely disappointed I'd have to say with 6th.

Think we will finish in top 4, however, we need to see 2/3 wins in the next 5 games, or the gap

is gonna get really big.

We are capable of going on a long winning streak, perhaps 7 in a row, all we need to do is get the

final pass in, and somebody to put their boot thru it, the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half against L****

proved that.

41 games left,we have the set up and squad for promotion no doubt about it,one thing for sure I will be backing the boys with positive energy all the way to the premiership,and if we do not get there I will be doing the same next year,but with 30 thousand behind us every home game,it can be done,so let's all back the lads like our owner is doing,then I think It might just happen.

Expect attractive offensive football resulting in positive performances by both players and as a team with constructive leadership and management on and off the field resulting in U.S. Being a formidable championship team gaining promotion.

Anything other than promotion this season should only be considered as a failure

After spending £20m on players, it wouldn't be surprising if Mel expects top 2. However, for me, I don't care how we get up as long as we get up. I don't care if we smash the league and win by ten points or we get into the play offs on the last day by a point, if we make it to the premier league then I'm satisfied. Anything else isn't good enough to be honest. However, if we lose in the play off final then I do believe Clement would have to be given a second chance.

So far it’s been the transitional season some of us expected. I don’t have specific expectations but doubt PC will survive if he doesn’t make top 8. I’m not too bothered either way - managers come and go. But if Uncle Mel is true to his word then I’ve no doubt we’ll be back in the PL eventually and have good times on the way.

Seeing Shackell back in a Derby shirt this season signified a lot to me. Up to time we had to flog him to Burnley Clough only had about 1 million net transfer spend in 3 years. At the same time he was trying to manage an ever shrinking wage budget which meant attracting already established quality players was nigh on impossible.

How times have changed.

If you were Mel Morris, where would you expect/demand this Derby team to finish? What is acceptable?

Now the window is over, we have a fairly good team I must say. There are a few areas which still need a look at, but there really should be no excuses for a decent season now. 

I mean, let's be honest. You don't spend 20m on top of a team which finished eighth only to classify eighth again as acceptable.

For me it has to be top six. Even if we lost in the playoffs, a top six finish and a bit of positivity and Clement should be given another crack.

I just can't see how anyone can now deem a finish outside the top six is acceptable. If we finished 19th last season, and added 20m, then you could perhaps just about get away with an eighth placed finish.

But we haven't come from a bad position. If someone like Brighton or Charlton, who were pretty bad last season, overatake us despite spending 20m less then something or someone needs removing from their post.

the team finished with relegation form last year, then hughes got injured . So the £20million brought in badly needed reinforcements. We have no right to expect a top 6 finish, but being a Rams fan of course I do. 

Archived