McClaren still head coach as it stands..

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as we're all saying how well run our club is we create a Leeds/forest like circus show. This needs nipping in the bud and quickly.

​I don't believe that the club have said anything - they cannot be blamed for the hysteria of others, can they?

Can they?

As far as I can tell, a journalist who is quite often right has tweeted that McClaren has gone, and two journalists more closely associated with Derby have tweeted the opposite. The hysteria has been generated by the fans.

Personally I think that whatever the outcome, I have been proved right on one thing today.

Many people are idiots.

Yeah they're not going to release a press release at 11pm at night. It'll be a quick double shot tomorrow morning of "hear's the bad news, but look who've we've brought in so let's get excited". Best way to do it - no gap between the sacking and new appointment. Rush did it with Clough. Good PR. 

But he won't be staying will he. 

If he stays it would be a bad decision IMO 

​Why?

Because you don't believe him?

I feel the complete opposite to the Clough sacking.

Clough's sacking was a bit of anger followed by a ton of optimism for the future.

Schteve's sacking feels like it should happen but has been quickly followed by not knowing what to do next - much like dumping your girlfriend and regretting it :lol:

Clough's sacking was a bit of anger followed by a ton of optimism for the future.

Schteve's sacking feels like it should happen but has been quickly followed by not knowing what to do next - much like dumping your girlfriend and regretting it ?

Aye, you suspect deep down she's a wrong un, but gingers are so eager to please you're unsure whether to let her go? 

Schteve's sacking feels like it should happen but has been quickly followed by not knowing what to do next - much like dumping your girlfriend and regretting it ?

​It is like a breakup. And a breakup is very much like a bereavement. It's usually followed by a cremation and some sandwiches.

He won't stay, it's just a premature report. Shot the rocket too early.

​I don't believe that the club have said anything - they cannot be blamed for the hysteria of others, can they?

Can they?

As far as I can tell, a journalist who is quite often right has tweeted that McClaren has gone, and two journalists more closely associated with Derby have tweeted the opposite. The hysteria has been generated by the fans.

Personally I think that whatever the outcome, I have been proved right on one thing today.

Many people are idiots.

A lot of it is fans and media, but the last we heard from the club was they were meeting in America and suddenly a leak says we have a new manager on the way and Macs getting the boot. Either Spain have very switched on journalists or they have dealt with it in a not too clever way. But this is football nothing is ever simple just hope it's all sorted soon.

He won't be staying they will be just tying things up before an official announcement IMO .

But we are all idiots so maybe I'll hand my season ticket back in.  

​No, that would confirm you to be both an idiot AND a half fan.

​It is like a breakup. And a breakup is very much like a bereavement. It's usually followed by a cremation and some sandwiches.

He won't stay, it's just a premature report. Shot the rocket too early.

​I refuse to attend a wake unless there's beer. Bloody sandwiches? What do you take me for?

Don't care I want him gone now if he stays hell not be backed by me anymore. 

​Now THAT confirms you as an idiot.

Can they?

Many people are idiots.

​I don't see any hysteria Eddie. People are talking about it.

Not really sure what else we should do tbh. 

The general tone on here seems to be more a case of what will be, will be.

Archived