Could Omar keep Thorne out of the Side?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see Omar playing along side Hughes when we get Thorne or Eustace back.

I believe (as I have written somewhere else) that our best balanced midfield is one stopper, one creator and one runner. To the extent that any of our players has shades of more than one of these attributes is a bonus.

Thorne and Eustace are primary stoppers. Omar has been doing it (as did Will) but we seem less convinced that is his primary attribute.

Omar and Will might be our primary creators, with Bryson/Hendrick as the runner.

So we have effectively 2 good quality midfields with a bit of cover.

To be clear - I think Omar WITH Hughes is 2 creators 0 runners = unbalanced

He'll get sub appearances and the one time Omar is off his game and Thorne looks better then they'll swap.

Mascarell and Eustace have both done really well for us. But Thorne covers the complaints people have about those two. He's disciplined, strong, quick, composed and has a range of passing.

Just need him fit without rushing

Could Omar keep Thorne out of the side = Yes

Should Omar keep Thorne out of the side = No

The only thing that would make me change my mind would for Omar to put a consistent run of displays together or prove that he can play the CDM role against a good strong team.

One decent game against a poor Blackburn side is not enough to change my opinion on him yet.

I don't know why all of a sudden so many people want omar in the team further forward instead on Bryson or Hendrick. We haven't even seen him play there

True I suppose he will go back to Real Madrid anyhow.

Personally I think it's all a bit hypothetical until Thorne is fit.

Thorne could break down in training yet.

Sometimes you get other strains like hip flexors etc after injuries like Coutts and Bucko did.

Just glad we've had Mascarell on loan so I could enjoy his game for a while.

Onwards and upwards rams4life

If he keeps playing well then Derby do not have to take any risk whatsoever with Thorne. Win win for all involved. And he is improving in the role.

Also be good take off the ridiculous expectation that is going to greet Thorne on his return.

Can't see them taking a risk with him anyway. They're not daft

I'd be quite happy to not see Thorne all season, as it would mean Mascarell has done well and Thorne hadn't been rushed at all, and Derby will be in the Prem. Maybe the odd sub appearance here and there, unleash him next season on the likes of Palace, Newcastle and Stoke, they won't know what's hit em!

if people here are giving Omar the acronym of OMG, can we give Thorne GTFO?

People seem to be overlooking the reality, that Thorne, like Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick oh, and Eustace, is capable of lesser performances against better/tougher opposition.

The exiting thing about the majority of our midfield is that they are very far from their best, and they are mostly still learning the game. You'd argue only Eustace hasn't got much to learn, Bryson still seems to be developing as a player. Thorne, even as many here's first choice, and yes he would be mine, is still very young and inexperienced as a footballer.

if people here are giving Omar the acronym of OMG, can we give Thorne GTFO?

People seem to be overlooking the reality, that Thorne, like Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick oh, and Eustace, is capable of lesser performances against better/tougher opposition.

The exiting thing about the majority of our midfield is that they are very far from their best, and they are mostly still learning the game. You'd argue only Eustace hasn't got much to learn, Bryson still seems to be developing as a player. Thorne, even as many here's first choice, and yes he would be mine, is still very young and inexperienced as a footballer.

OMG is so insulting isn't it for player who tries his best for us !

Omar's main strength is his passing range. The physical side of his game is slowly starting to improve . But I would be very interested, once Thorne is fit and able to play, to see a midfield three of Thorne, omar and hughes. Thorne playing the cdm role with hughes pushed up highest. Hopefully this would allow omar to simply focus on playmaking. Without the defensive responsibility maybe he would excel.

Hendrick and bryson haven't performed at their best for large parts of the season. So unless either of them pick up, then hopefully stevie mac gives it ago.

If it does work well and we do get prpromoted, fingers crossed we can sign omar as he clearly has great potential,Real Madrid potential though, I'm not so sure.

Archived