Could Omar keep Thorne out of the Side?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my answer to this is a simple NO

havent seen anything really in Omar that makes me feel comfortable....the odd flash in the odd game but he worries me more than he comforts me. 

Eustace has been great when he has played and the future is GT.....for me when fit along with hughes our best player...a proper footballer

havent seen anything really in Omar that makes me feel comfortable....the odd flash in the odd game but he worries me more than he comforts me. 

Eustace has been great when he has played and the future is GT.....for me when fit along with hughes our best player...a proper footballer

Not even the Blackburn game? Offensively, you can say that he looked better with the ball because of their lack of pressure, but you can't say that anything but an increased level of tenacity led to his excellent challenges defensively. If he plays his next games like he did versus Blackburn, he will keep GT out of the side. 

Really how little you understand footy then

How many games have you attended then !

Think you are a wum

Stick to golf

Maybe they will both play ?.

I would imagine so for sure.

Still dont know if Thorne will come back 100 percent as good week in week out yet do we after bad injuries on both knees.

Paul Gascogne was never the same player after knee surgery.

Hopefully George will be ok I really hope so but even he has bad games occasionally just as Eustace does but don't tell Craig Ramage former Derby and Watford player on RD as a presenter lol

Its a squad game and I trust Steve McClarens judgement whatever he decides but I hope Thorne getting fit but not at 100 percent doesn go agains us.

Omar can't keep Eustace out, what makes you think he could keep Thorne out?

Is Thorne going to be the same player straight away .

It takes time to get 100 percent fit for Championship games after knee surgery.

He will replace Omar at DM no doubt.

Eustace has done a good job at times but is now injured and this is his last season at 36 I suspect.

Just want to get promoted that's all and I think McClaren will do the right thing.

Not even the Blackburn game? Offensively, you can say that he looked better with the ball because of their lack of pressure, but you can't say that anything but an increased level of tenacity led to his excellent challenges defensively. If he plays his next games like he did versus Blackburn, he will keep GT out of the side.

Mascarell was very good against Blackburn .

McClaren thought he was as well but if Thorne is 100 percent fit and back to his best footballing wise which I think will not be until next season after a bad injury he will play DM.

McClaren knows the score as he did with Eustace.

Thorne took time to get in Derbys team after being on loan at Watford was it.

Thorne needs to get up to speed and he needs time even if he doesn't think so as non related injuries can occur if your pushed too quickly.

The Manager will decide when he's ready.

Omar can't keep Eustace out, what makes you think he could keep Thorne out?

BR - in the 2 most recent games, Mascarell was very impressive, very assured. This could be something to do with a settled run of games, the arrival of a compatriot player, doing everything he can to keep his place - whatever it is, he looks like a different player to me. Before Chesterfield he was struggling, and I blame him for both the goals v Forest - a cheap pull and he gives away that free kick, a lazy sloppy tackle attempt and they pass by him easily and score.

All that said, the little snippets of Thorne we've seen - in training and with the U21s and he looks the business with the ball already, so it's a good battle we've got coming up regardless of what happens. Plus if Omar keeps it up, you can ease GT in gently. 

BR - in the 2 most recent games, Mascarell was very impressive, very assured. This could be something to do with a settled run of games, the arrival of a compatriot player, doing everything he can to keep his place - whatever it is, he looks like a different player to me. Before Chesterfield he was struggling, and I blame him for both the goals v Forest - a cheap pull and he gives away that free kick, a lazy sloppy tackle attempt and they pass by him easily and score.

All that said, the little snippets of Thorne we've seen - in training and with the U21s and he looks the business with the ball already, so it's a good battle we've got coming up regardless of what happens. Plus if Omar keeps it up, you can ease GT in gently.

I agree with this.

Not sure about the Forest bit but that's your opinion.

Omar's defitiency is obviously the defensive side of his game where a fit Thorne does well as does Eustace .

The offensive side of Omar's game is what I like he hardly wastes a ball in tight situations and works well with the team.

Free kicks and corners are also an asset in Omar's game.

Thorne fully fit footballing wise or Omar as DM .

It will be Thorne .

Omar and Eustace still have a role as Thorne isn't fully fit .

PS Will be sorry to see Omar leave Derby at end of season ? And Eustace retire even though people think I don't like the lad.

Mascarell was very good against Blackburn .

McClaren thought he was as well but if Thorne is 100 percent fit and back to his best footballing wise which I think will not be until next season after a bad injury he will play DM.

McClaren knows the score as he did with Eustace.

Thorne took time to get in Derbys team after being on loan at Watford was it.

Thorne needs to get up to speed and he needs time even if he doesn't think so as non related injuries can occur if your pushed too quickly.

The Manager will decide when he's ready.

yes, and ... I know some people are pushing for Mascarell to play alongside Hughes, with GT behind. I think this would be a mistake - unless we are considering selling Bryson or Hendrick (please no on either). We've now spent half the season honing Omar's defensive game and his passing decision-making. He's only 21. With Eustace gone, he makes a great back up for Thorne, and as long as what we are seeing now is not a temp thing, we should make him permanent too. But he won't play attacking midfielder. 

Not sure about the Forest bit but that's your opinion.

Omar's defitiency is obviously the defensive side of his game where a fit Thorne does well as does Eustace .

The offensive side of Omar's game is what I like he hardly wastes a ball in tight situations and works well with the team.

Free kicks and corners are also an asset in Omar's game.

Thorne fully fit footballing wise or Omar as DM .

It will be Thorne .

Omar and Eustace still have a role as Thorne isn't fully fit .

PS Will be sorry to see Omar leave Derby at end of season ? And Eustace retire even though people think I don't like the lad.

2-3 games now where he shows himself as a defensive force with no petty shirt pull fouls etc, then I am truly sold. 

on the free kicks and corners, he's been a depreciating asset ;) ..  I think the whole crowd knows before he kicks it that its most likely to be kicked right into the first defender - he really needs to stop doing that, it's driving people batty. Get it over their heads!

yes, and ... I know some people are pushing for Mascarell to play alongside Hughes, with GT behind. I think this would be a mistake - unless we are considering selling Bryson or Hendrick (please no on either). We've now spent half the season honing Omar's defensive game and his passing decision-making. He's only 21. With Eustace gone, he makes a great back up for Thorne, and as long as what we are seeing now is not a temp thing, we should make him permanent too. But he won't play attacking midfielder.

Omar could play anywhere in midfield I have no doubt .

You could even do what Chelsea do and play 2 DMs .

I would like Omar to stay at Derby but thats up to Real Madrid and Derby.

I need to see 2-3 games now where he shows himself as a defensive force with no petty shirt pull fouls etc, then I am truly sold.

on the free kicks and corners, he's been a depreciating asset ;) .. I think the whole crowd knows before he kicks it that its most likely to be kicked right into the first defender - he really needs to stop doing that, it's driving people batty. Get it over their heads!

Have you misplaced him for Wardy.

Omar will never be a defensive force he's an offensive player he tries harder than others in Derbys team to defend though.

I'm thinking Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick all average at defending.

His free kicks and corners are consistently better than anyone else at the club.

And he varies it - sometimes long, sometimes short very often in the middle.

OK some are poor and get cut out but they are fewer than anyone else's (possibly apart from Hughes.)

Archived