Nigel Clough on Brian Clough interview

cosmic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cant really blaime Clough for being bitter.

he was here a long time, spending a long time to get together a side who were any good.

Then was sacked when he arguably had the best group of players in his tenure.

When Clough was sacked we really wernt a million miles away, we had some excellent performances particularly away from home.

Whilst we may not have finished 3rd under Clough we would probably have been in and around the play off positions and it would have been our best season under him.

Undoubtably McLaren took us to another level, but he didnt have to change the squad much at all to be a success. it was just a bit of tinkering here and there.

So I totally understand why Clough would feel hard done by.

Anyway the past is the past now.

Football fans are fickle when we consider most rams fans are calling him bitter and being so pro sam Rush.

When Clough was sacked the majority were against the decision to give him the boot.

You cant really blaime Clough for being bitter.

he was here a long time, spending a long time to get together a side who were any good.

Then was sacked when he arguably had the best group of players in his tenure.

When Clough was sacked we really wernt a million miles away, we had some excellent performances particularly away from home.

Whilst we may not have finished 3rd under Clough we would probably have been in and around the play off positions and it would have been our best season under him.

Undoubtably McLaren took us to another level, but he didnt have to change the squad much at all to be a success. it was just a bit of tinkering here and there.

So I totally understand why Clough would feel hard done by.

Anyway the past is the past now.

Football fans are fickle when we consider most rams fans are calling him bitter and being so pro sam Rush.

When Clough was sacked the majority were against the decision to give him the boot.

Remember it well.... I was in the minority at the time mind....

He doesn't have to love the fans to love the club, I mean he more or less had the run of it when he was a nipper, there's that picture of him sitting on the bench with his dad wearing the shirt.

Not saying I'm right obviously and it's undeniable we have improved since his departure but I just wonder how much the club means to him. 

He doesn't have to love the fans to love the club, I mean he more or less had the run of it when he was a nipper, there's that picture of him sitting on the bench with his dad wearing the shirt.

Not saying I'm right obviously and it's undeniable we have improved since his departure but I just wonder how much the club means to him.

He knows how much it meant to his dad.

Nice article here (too long to copy/paste) and video of classic Clough Snr. There's a full interview and programme tonight on Five Live from 9pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29273680

On a side note, Nigel has a pop at Sam Rush:

Nigel Clough says his late father Brian would have been a success in the modern game, but "dismayed and flabbergasted" by the money-men and agents. It is 10 years since legendary manager Clough died from cancer, aged 69. "He still would have been incredibly successful," he told BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy. "But there's an obscene amount of money in the game and I think the final straw would have been that there are ex-agents getting involved running clubs."

It seems simple enough to me.

Nigel knew his dad better than we did

He knew how he thought re clubs better than we did.

He knew what his thoughts on money men were, most likely better than we did.

All he's done is say so, I bet they must have talked about it often enough. Where's the big deal?

I'm still here Boycie. I'm sure Daveo can confirm I still log in every day.

I'm not posting cos of numpties trying to spin my every word/action into a negative against the club.

It got very tiring trying to ignore the wums and having admin delete my posts. So now I just read the sausages instead of getting wound up by it.

Nice little dig about the book the other day as well by the way. Well played.

For what its worth. I think Nigel is right.

Money men, Agents and/or ex agents are ruining the game.

Nice to still see you here....thought you had turned to the blades ;-)

I agree with Clough. The money men and agents are ruining our game. 

At no time did Clough have a go at Rush. That is many of you wanting to have a go at Clough for the sake of it.

I simply don't understand that attitude. 

We would IMO be nowhere had Clough not come in and steered the club through such difficult times. This is still largely Clough's squad with a few additions and yes, they are doing better now but that is more about McClaren's ability rather than Clough's inability.

I don't think he deserved to get the boot from DCFC and I don't think Sam Rush did either. He took a difficult decision what he thought would serve the clubs best interests. 

Why this ill feeling towards him continues I have no idea. Clough is a Derby man and he is DCFC through and through. 

Can't seem to find a listen again link to last nights full interview with Our Nigel?

It's been pulled for libel for all the things nigel has said about rush.

Why do ****s like mcmuffin have to turn a piece about the legend Brian into another attack on his son. His son who built the squad that is doing pretty well.

It's nice these days on here where Derby can be debated without personal attacks on our staff and players. I'm sure that will change when times get hard and McClaren turns into a **** when we struggle at the start of a prem season after two top 10 finishes.

(Mcmuffin called nige a **** when he was our manager so I think it reasonable for me to use the same phrase here. If it's not reasonable, then the *s mean RNCC-rational nigel clough critics)

It's been pulled for libel for all the things nigel has said about rush.

Why do ****s like mcmuffin have to turn a piece about the legend Brian into another attack on his son. His son who built the squad that is doing pretty well.

It's nice these days on here where Derby can be debated without personal attacks on our staff and players. I'm sure that will change when times get hard and McClaren turns into a **** when we struggle at the start of a prem season after two top 10 finishes.

(Mcmuffin called nige a **** when he was our manager so I think it reasonable for me to use the same phrase here. If it's not reasonable, then the *s mean RNCC-rational nigel clough critics)

Nigel has turned a piece about his legendary dad into something about himself.

Very selfish.

Couldn't resist a sly pop.

Archived