Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Nice one eddie, never heard that one! We've gotta get it going again but with Nigel for Brian.

It was probably heard more on Wheildon's bus than anywhere else, but we did have a few attempts to get it going on the Popside with mixed success. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The progression will be that SPL (apart from Celtic) are paying 1.5k per week tops while Derby can offer summat in the 6k-8k region?

Bit embarrasing this thread tbh.....even allowing for half the posts being tongue in cheek it seems like some people work themselves into a frenzy over a player they have never seen.

Going on Clough's record he'll be a good player (he gets more right than wrong imo) so I'm happy he's got one of his targets nice and early.

Down Coral's tomoz, £20 on the Rams to go up :D

Tell me what oods you find buddy and I'll give you better

It's quite a refreshing signing really. When was the last time we signed a striker that the selling club actually wanted to keep? 

Russell comes here on the back of the most prolific season in his short career and is at an age where he can still grow as a player. He has been courted by a number of clubs for the past 18 months, including Celtic, who regularly frequent the Champions League and Catania, who finished in the top half of Serie A, but we seized the initiative and still paid less than a million for him. What's not to like?

Sure, it's always hard to gauge how a player lauded in Scotland will adapt to the English game but It's got me intrigued, if nothing else. He looks like the type of player who could thrive in this division. Quick, good movement and instinct in and around the box, a first touch and an eye for goal.

I guess much will depend on where he will play, who he will play alongside and the style of play we adopt, but I'm going to be bold and say good signing and potentially a bargain if he lives up to the hype.

Well I do follow Barcelona..

But I'm a DCFC supporter..

Doesn't mean that I'm totally and utterly deluded in thinking they're perfect though..

just a question... What do you think of Hughes? As he hasn't fit into the categories you've named our team as? (Boring hoofballers)

Archived