Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Maybe we've heard we're getting a big bid for one of our young lads and we're testing the water to see if Russell would come?

I don't know why I'm excited about the next three days. We can't be buying anyone else, surely?

Sure someone said somewhere that Hughes would be gone by Christmas

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At risk of getting bombarded- is this guy actually that good? He is 22 so not a kid anymore and his scoring record is hardly phenomenal in a poor poor league. Although he has started this season well he scores less than 1 in 3 over all.

He isn't a striker, he plays at the front of the midfield in a supporting role to the striker so 1 in 3 goal ratio isn't bad at all. Also its his general play that is so impressive to me, he never looks like losing the ball and seems to always create space. I know this is a poor division but lets say its perhaps equal to League 1/2 level, based on the performances I have seen he stands out by far as the best player in the Dundee Utd team and would easily get in the Celtic side in my opinion. However I have only seen him a few times so I may have only caught some stand out games, but from what I have seen he is worth a punt and would add alot to our side in a creative and goal scoring sense.

No doubt we'll pull our usual deadline day routine - fanny about until about 5 minutes before the deadline, then put in a derisory offer, be amazed when it's not accepted, not have enough time to move on to someone else, if we even had anyone else to begin with, and finally claim some serious bad luck in 'circumstances just not coming together' and 'the footballing gods being against us'.....

No doubt we'll pull our usual deadline day routine - fanny about until about 5 minutes before the deadline, then put in a derisory offer, be amazed when it's not accepted, not have enough time to move on to someone else, if we even had anyone else to begin with, and finally claim some serious bad luck in 'circumstances just not coming together' and 'the footballing gods being against us'.....

and sell your best player? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

[url=https://twitter.com/ColinBloomfield]Colin Bloomfield ‏[size=3]@ColinBloomfield[/size]

Nigel Clough: No plans to bring anybody in or out before deadline. No firm interest in any of our players.

He would say that wouldn't he?

To make our last minute big splash in the window more dramatic.

I hear the purse strings have been loosened due to notts forests big spending spree.

Archived