Colchester United v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

right then back from the game first half we was all over thEm but no end product coutts man of the match he was everywhere but still not good enough if this is nearly our starting 11 second half two many subs but huges looked good when he came on theo took his goal well

I'm expecting individual player ratings/ comments! Poor effort 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: When did we have one that could do it more than once infact?

A few years back we had that fella Bloomer who knew where the net was.

Seriously, if you go through our history you'll struggle to find many more players than him who have scored more than 20 twice for us. It would be some achievement to get a player like that!

well i think the lads might be better it is not a preseason we all want but the good thing is, we have not lost in 3 preseason games so this might lift confordance i just hope the yanks have give some extra funds to play with, since people returned there season tickets but they must feel that heat turning up on them. i hope that nigal has someone from the games on his rader, i like that player from jepan who hit the cross bar a few times but if they had not hit the bar he would scored some good goals.

A few years back we had that fella Bloomer who knew where the net was.

Seriously, if you go through our history you'll struggle to find many more players than him who have scored more than 20 twice for us. It would be some achievement to get a player like that!

Bit of trivia then, who was the last player to score 20 league goals in a season for us?

ok here we go then

fieldng nothing to do apart from 1 good save in the first half 7

o conner good debut looked steady 6

keogh tried hard went missing a few times 6

buxton should have scored from a header but amother bucko game head it kick it 6

bryfield getting back to his od self 7

coutts my motm he was everywhere but must learn when to pass 9

hendrick another staedy game got stuck in well 6

bryson was trying to hard pushed forward well 6

jacobs played well but went missing alot second half 6

ward dont know when to give up a little tiger 7

tyson so much needs a goal but bottled out of a lot of tackles 5

Personally I thought we played well in the first half, but were pretty toothless in the second! My player ratings are as follows,

Fielding 6 - not much to do, still takes an age to distribute the ball.

O Connor 7 - steady and solid. Good debut!

Keogh 7 - battled hard, but most impressive thing was how vocal and positive he was. Looks like a leader!!

Buxton 6 - solid, typical Jake performance with loads of effort and odd bit of poor distribution

Bray ford 6 - tried hard, but lack of pace exposed by Sears a couple of times

Coutts 9 - Awesome performance and range of passing was great. This guy will have us off our seats this season for sure. He's aggressive aswell as skilful so looks a great signing

Hendrick 8 - getting back to old self, strong and commanding. Looks sharp and stronger than last season.

Bryson 7 - high energy, but nothing amazing just typical Bryson

Jacobs 5 - Can't really see what he has to offer more than Bavies, Hughes or Bennett! Will give him a chance but appears like he old be the new Pringle lol

Ward 8 - Really aggressive and looks like could have a great understanding with Coutts. On the same wavelength and deserved a goal.

Tyson 6 - Tried hard, but missed a header from 4 yards that was easier to score than miss! Hope he scores soon but kept working and smiling throughout!

Overall good team performance and with time could be an attacking threat. Lack of pace t back does concern me though. Must be honest feeling more positive now than I was 4 weeks ago.

COYR

Jacobs 5 - Can't really see what he has to offer more than Bavies, Hughes or Bennett! Will give him a chance but appears like he old be the new Pringle lol.

Wow.

He looked incredibly talented against Burton - I truly expect him to be a key figure next season but we'll see! I am surprised at that assessment anyway, thanks for the feedback though!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived