Colchester United v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

anyone concerned about the number of goals we are shipping in?>

It's never ideal conceding goals is it? But, regardless, I'll not hit the panic button yet. All this is doing is showing where we need to improve and giving everyone a chance to have a kick about before the real stuff starts.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's never ideal conceding goals is it? But, regardless, I'll not hit the panic button yet. All this is doing is showing where we need to improve and giving everyone a chance to have a kick about before the real stuff starts.

Long as we get this 20 goals a season striker clough is promising then i'll be happy enough

otherwise apart from jacobs we've only gone backwards in my opinion shackell seemed far better than keogh but i guess it is to early to condem

When did Clough promise that?

He didn't, he said that we'd be hoping to bring in a bigger centreforward if I remember correctly. Word of mouth corrupted this to, "we'll bring in a 20 goal a season striker". More rumour, speculation and blind hope brought about the Maynard rumour, which despite not even the slightest hint of there being anything in it, still lingers and long story short, some will now judge the club on this "promise". All in good fun I guess...

He didn't, he said that we'd be hoping to bring in a bigger centreforward if I remember correctly. Word of mouth corrupted this to, "we'll bring in a 20 goal a season striker". More rumour, speculation and blind hope brought about the Maynard rumour, which despite not even the slightest hint of there being anything in it, still lingers and long story short, some will now judge the club on this "promise". All in good fun I guess...

Haha a 20 goal a season striker is just my wishful thinking

he did say he'd bring in a striker though - still hoping on that......would LOVE a steve howard/kuqi type player i feel he is exactly what we need upfront just to be that bit of muscle winning headers and roughing up their back four a bit....then leave it to the likes of ward/jacobs/theo to run on and tear them apart on the floor

These pre-season games are showing that we need a striker though.

We're playing some decent stuff, and having alot of the ball, but nothing up front.

...and no doubt we'll get one, but at the end of the day what was "promised" is very different to what some claim. There's no point working yourselves up about us not having that "20 goal a season striker", because put bluntly, its not going to happen.

Come to think of it, when was the last time we had a "20 goal a season striker"?

Good on Theo too!

Edit: When did we have one that could do it more than once infact?

right then back from the game first half we was all over thEm but no end product coutts man of the match he was everywhere but still not good enough if this is nearly our starting 11 second half two many subs but huges looked good when he came on theo took his goal well

Archived