Number 9 - Nathan "God" Tyson

Ambitious

That is out of order really. There are many ways to support your team. "Proper football fan" what is that? How do determine "a proper football fan"? I only get to 10 games a season, does that mean I'm not "a proper football fan"?

No, that's the definition of a part timer.

Close to a "fair weather" fan.

Adjacent to a "band wagon jumper"

Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning, sing when you're wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiining you only sing when you're wiiining.

Thankyou please.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is out of order really. There are many ways to support your team. "Proper football fan" what is that? How do determine "a proper football fan"? I only get to 10 games a season, does that mean I'm not "a proper football fan"?

Absolutely right!

If I was a "proper football fan" on the basis of attendance at matches the game would soon become extinct.

My circumstances mean that I cannot attend live matches but I fly a good armchair!

Remember that I am 62 (next Tuesday! let bunting be flown in the street and schools be closed for the day. oops that's already happening!) and you see a lot in that time.

Bill Shankley said "football is not a matter of life and death. it's much more important than that!" and everyone knows the quote.

Bruce Grobelaar, great character & Liverpool goalie said "I was in the South African Army, I've seen life and death, and believe me, it's much more important than football."

Kenny Dalgleish, incredible player, also Liverpool manager (more than once) was at Hillsborough when so many fans died. (I still go cold when I think about it) said "Football is irrelevant now" and quit the game for a long time.

I would say that football can teach you an awful lot about life... as long as it is seen in perspective.

Old Indian Proverb. Do not speak badly (or well, even?) of any man until you have walked a mile in his mocassins.

Sermon over.....for now. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

No, that's the definition of a part timer.

Close to a "fair weather" fan.

Adjacent to a "band wagon jumper"

Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning, sing when you're wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiining you only sing when you're wiiining.

Thankyou please.

I normally go when we we are on a losing run though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> as that is normally when we are the least busiest and I can get the match off work.

Absolutely right!

If I was a "proper football fan" on the basis of attendance at matches the game would soon become extinct.

My circumstances mean that I cannot attend live matches but I fly a good armchair!

Remember that I am 62 (next Tuesday! let bunting be flown in the street and schools be closed for the day. oops that's already happening!) and you see a lot in that time.

Bill Shankley said "football is not a matter of life and death. it's much more important than that!" and everyone knows the quote.

Bruce Grobelaar, great character & Liverpool goalie said "I was in the South African Army, I've seen life and death, and believe me, it's much more important than football."

Kenny Dalgleish, incredible player, also Liverpool manager (more than once) was at Hillsborough when so many fans died. (I still go cold when I think about it) said "Football is irrelevant now" and quit the game for a long time.

I would say that football can teach you an awful lot about life... as long as it is seen in perspective.

Old Indian Proverb. Do not speak badly (or well, even?) of any man until you have walked a mile in his mocassins.

Sermon over.....for now. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Hope you have a good burfday Steve.

Excellent post. I believe that 95% of people on here are "proper football fans" in their own way, whether it be that they go to every game, buy every shirt, go to every game they can get to, listen to every game on the radio or watch it on some stream, all of have 1 thing in common the love of the club they support (I include the red dogs and the few other clubs fans in this as well who actually debate and chat) then we have 4% of WUMs who come on to wind people up and the 1% left over is boycie who is a proper wumming football fan 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Well I can only presume we must have different standards, if playing well several times constitutes a good season in your view then fair enough, I though can't remember many times that I thought Tyson made a game changing contribution.

I would also wonder if that's a good season, you are therefore saying we have seen the best of Tyson, I would disagree and say that he has a lot more to offer than what we saw last season.

West Ham at home ball comes into the box he holds it up whilst support from Ball comes in he then lays it off lovely for Ball to knock it in.

Game changing as it put us on a good start to beat West Ham

West Ham at home ball comes into the box he holds it up whilst support from Ball comes in he then lays it off lovely for Ball to knock it in.

Game changing as it put us on a good start to beat West Ham

Clutching

At

Straws

Went to bed last night thinking of Tyson. Not in a gay way. I'm convinced this is gonna be his year.

He is also convinced it will be his year. It's nice to see that he's getting some encouragement from most of the people on the forum.

He'd be a world record holder if it wasnt for those pesky jamaicans.

Anyway moving back to the football world, did anyone notice the guy who ran out too quickly then also ran out of his lane for the GB sprint team was the Thurrock FC footballer.

Its always the footballers who let sport down in this country at the major competitions, even when they are competiting in athletics!

Archived