Number 9 - Nathan "God" Tyson

Ambitious

Will he turn it around this season? I think if he can stay injury free then he can still be an important player for us, needs to stop getting fed them balls in the air down the line which pretty much plays him into danger - watching him this pre-season he looks a lot sharper, a lot better with the ball to his feet, his snap pass outwide to jacobs was very intelligent and executed perfectly and hopefully can get a goal this time to ease him in, much like Bennett!

I hope so, I know some fans need a scapegoat but hope it isn't tyson!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will he turn it around this season? I think if he can stay injury free then he can still be an important player for us, needs to stop getting fed them balls in the air down the line which pretty much plays him into danger - watching him this pre-season he looks a lot sharper, a lot better with the ball to his feet, his snap pass outwide to jacobs was very intelligent and executed perfectly and hopefully can get a goal this time to ease him in, much like Bennett!

I hope so, I know some fans need a scapegoat but hope it isn't tyson!

I hope he does well, but I thought he still looked poor last night.

Will never join in some of the mocking he has to endure. Doesn't help him and he seems like a nice bloke.

But nah, he isn't a goal scorer. That's WHY he played on the wing at Forest not BECAUSE he played on the wing at Forest. Besides, I've always said if somebody is a goal scorer, they'll score goals from midfield. Maybe not as many, but a few.

He doesn't score goals. Hasn't for years. He's a winger. I've never seen him play especially well except v Derby and 1 game v Swansea in the play offs.

My opinion like.

Every time I've seen him I think he's looked really dangerous. Agreed he should be on the left wing rather than down the middle.

Still think a lot of people won't forget the flag thing and they'll never give him a chance.

Mikkel beck's average for Derby was 1 in 9. Tyson would have to score about 7 next season to get that average presuming hes a regular, I think we'd be setting him up for a fall. I think 3 goals would be great for his confidence, earn him a new contract and set him up nicely for the 2013/2014 campaign.

I don't care about the infamous flag waving incident but I do care that he was signed as a striker yet has not managed to score in an entire season. He isn't a striker and he relies too much on his pace which is a problem.

He isn't a striker and he relies too much on his pace which is a problem.

What does robinson do then? If anything tyson has a bit more strength so could work well as a hold up man. He's been a derby player for a year, so if people still give him stick for the flag they're @rseholes. Personally hope he does it this year. Would love him to prove his haters wrong

What does robinson do then?

Scores. I can forgive Theo for playing like a donkey for 90 mins if he manages to deflect a goal in off his left knee cap.

What does robinson do then? If anything tyson has a bit more strength so could work well as a hold up man. He's been a derby player for a year, so if people still give him stick for the flag they're @rseholes. Personally hope he does it this year. Would love him to prove his haters wrong

Robinson scores Tyson doesn't it is that simple. Robinson is a poacher and can get in good positions to score and can score, Tyson cannot. If Tyson scores fair enough but he hasn't.

Seriously? He had 15 minutes and I think he looked sharp and played well.

When Buxton played him in, he had loads of time to sidefoot the ball to Ward's run for a tap in. Instead he delayed, then blasted it against the defender. That mind sound harsh, but it was basic football. Maybe he just needs a goal, but I can't see him scoring many.

Also don't be so damn juvenile, people don't hate him they are just annoyed he has played as a striker for a good period of time and hasn't scored, therefore he will be criticized for not doing his job well. If a salesman took over a year to make a sale people would be wondering what he was playing at.

he dunt look like a number 9 though does he.... id say he's a winger and that, but people dont like him because of forest...or at least it stops them cutting him the same slack they would another player. if and when theos goals dry up... the mardy beggers will turn on him too.... mikkel beck was sh!te for us... but the way alot of fans treated him was pretty shameful... he was never reallly going to perform. people used to give daryll powell stick.... but most of the time he did his job fine.... he's a scapegoat. an out of position one at that. i think he'll have a decent season if he stays fit.. but as an impact player... and playing wide... possibly as part of a front 3. conner see him leading the line though. ..... did you see what i did there... conner .... leading the line...no?... oh forget it

Also don't be so damn juvenile, people don't hate him they are just annoyed he has played as a striker for a good period of time and hasn't scored, therefore he will be criticized for not doing his job well. If a salesman took over a year to make a sale people would be wondering what he was playing at.

Take your point but how many times has he had opportunities like theo? none, because cloughs played him on the wing. I think he'll need to adapt his game. The salesman bit made me laugh, have you never seen the apprentice? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived