Number 9 - Nathan "God" Tyson

Ambitious

Tyson hasn't been dreadful. He's not impressed but he's been far from dreadful. He looked average at best and worst. Just because he's started about 4 games upfront and he hasn't scored doesn't make him dreadful. everything apart from his lack of goals have been ok.

Of course people remember the bad pass/cross here and there more than others because of his past/former employers.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly looking at comments on here although you give him ***** on here you would think that Tyson was some sort of mythical legend who shot bolts of fire out of his arse.

Last season;

He got injured which meant that his season was over before he started.

He chose us instead of resigning with scum or other teams in the running. Now we know our wages aren't able to compete with other clubs but chose a club knowing that he would be hated one for being scum player and the other him havinf a fetish with flags.

Now knowing this and other stuff we don'know about why or how people though he would be start and/or how he we expected him to perform at a level we want to.

He has now had a preseason and he is now got the voodoo of is back

We can now jusge him not.

thing is, i've always believed in Tyson... I've always thought he was a good player.. To see him finally fighting fit and to score his first goal at home in front of his own fans against Premier League opposition.. Thats very good. I have high hopes for him this season

Mikkel Beck played up front for the 18-20 games he played for Derby and didn't have fans writing him off in pre-season. It helps apparently.

internet forums.....................can you imagine how much abuse Beck would get now.....

then again, maybe not, he wasn't signed by Nige. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I'm really pleased that Tyson has scored tonight and even more pleased he has come through another game without picking up an injury.

His first year was heavily disrupted by injury and his initial performances surely would have been affected by a lack of match sharpness and the added pressure that came with joining from our fiercest rivals.

This year will hopefully be different. What a boost for us that he's coming through pre-season unscathed and finally starting to settle here, finding form and confidence.

I think he's a capable player and if he can stay fit, I am tipping him to eclipse his previous best at this level. He'd only need to score six mind you but hey it'd be a step in the right direction.

I think Tyson is a player that will prove to be a good signing but we are just going to have to be very patient with him.

Expect you are feeling quite giddy with all that weight off aren't you?

No unfortunately now the red dogs scored in the European cup fina......... Friendly against Sunderland I think Nigel will pick him over Theo sadly only good news is he won't last longer than a few games before he's injured

[size=4]Rams forward Nathan Tyson has dedicated his first-ever goal for the Club to his former Sunday League coach Malcolm Keene, who sadly passed away earlier this week. - [/size][url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/tysons-tribute-300698.aspx]http://www.dcfc.co.u...ute-300698.aspx

Does that mean he's still on zero ??!!

[size=1][size=2](sorry that was my sick sense of humour)[/size][/size]

[size=4]commisarations [/size]to your mentor, Nathan, and well done last night , hopefully many more goals to come.

Does that mean he's still on zero ??!!

Really yes, he hasn't scored a competitive goal for Derby because the clubs never count pre season. However, I think that mentally scoring a goal against premier league opposition will help him get over that barrier and start putting 'em away. Atleast I hope so. Well Done Tyson!

He scores goals mah-lord... he scores goals!

I'm very happy for the bloke, hopefully more to come and who knows we could have an athletic, strong - goalscorer already in our ranks, hope there is more to come seems like an honest guy that wants to make this move work, and I wish him all the best!

Lovely interview with Nathan on ramsplayer. Everyone should be made to watch it and then they could decide

for themsleves whether he deserves the continued stick he gets.

Everything is crossed from me hoping the lad has a decent start to the season.

Tyson played 23 games last year, he was supposed to be a C/F but even Clough started playing him on the wing as he was pants up front. This is the man who waved a flag in front of our fans whilst playing for the red dogs to celebrate a win. Now unless he is as thick as dog poo, he would have weighed this up when he came to Derby, and would have known, that had he not performed he would get fans on his back because of this

He didnt come to Derby because of our fantastic stadium, supporters, training facility and great manager.....he came because we offered him a bigger pay packet than anyone else, he is like every other footballer where money talks, and he can give the best interviews in the world but at the end of the day, its what he does on the pitch will determine the stick he gets, if hes that nice a man, take a pay cut until your playing to your full ability.

He set himself up to be shot at, and Derby fans will back him if he comes good, we saw what Savage was able to do and beat the boo boys, I hope he does, but last season he did not perform and deserved to be labelled as a flop.

Archived