Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

Hendrick is such an inconsistent footballer. Anything from invisible soft lad to PL potential if he improves year on year.

Gotta get more out of him. Him and Bryson need to toughen up. Does Coutts look any tougher?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick is such an inconsistent footballer. Anything from invisible soft lad to PL potential if he improves year on year.

Gotta get more out of him. Him and Bryson need to toughen up. Does Coutts look any tougher?

I think he's pretty consistent myself, he ranges from good to brilliant but he's never poor. Always finds a white (or black shirt).

Though I agree we need to get more out of him. He absolutely bullied Milwall at home.

I think as he bulks up and gets more experience he will become a really good player.

last season was his first season in pro football.

Give the guy a chance!

How much longer does he need. He's 20 already!! Same with Bennett and Hughes. Played a few games and just didn't look as though they could compete. Men and Boys.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I hope they'll be worth a total of about £15m in a few years time.

Yes just think how good we could be if we find a center forward to go with it I'd be happy with Hendrick Coutts and Bryson with Ward and Jacobs wide

Darius(spellin) Henderson from Millwall would be suit us well.

I always agree with you on a lot of things and certainly always respect your opinion, so I'm a little surprised and baffled by this one Ambitious - not least because I've just watched the 2nd half on Ramsplayer and I didn't see Hughes get fouled or commit a foul.

For me, Hughes offers more than Bailey. He's more of an attacking player and has a passing range to match him. It wasn't his best performance, but his passing was a catalyst for most of our moves in to the final third and I think 4 is very harsh indeed.

Don't mean to nit pick or ote but Hughes first touches led to him fouling somebody and to me looked a bit gangly and skinny not saying he's not a good player he did play some good through balls down the middle instead of outwide that with a good striker would of lead to good opportunities and I know he's young not knocking him at all, but how after what 1 start and a handful of sub appearances say that he is a better player than Bailey Who we've seen over 2 years now

Don't mean to nit pick or ote but Hughes first touches led to him fouling somebody and to me looked a bit gangly and skinny not saying he's not a good player he did play some good through balls down the middle instead of outwide that with a good striker would of lead to good opportunities and I know he's young not knocking him at all, but how after what 1 start and a handful of sub appearances say that he is a better player than Bailey Who we've seen over 2 years now

You're not nit-picking, you have a different opinion to me, and that's what a forum is for! Don't be afraid to share what you feel, even if it is wrong 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I said he offers more, not necessarily that he's better. But there's more of a need for Hughes' game than Baileys, in my opinion, because Bailey is similar to Hendrick and Bryson. Hughes is much more of an attacking player.

I've seen Hughes a lot, at his own level too, and his passing is even better than Bailey's. I was a little worried that he was another Bueno, but his steady performances against tough lower league blokes twice his size tells me he can do the basics well too.

He also doesn't really need to bulk up much, he's not that sort of midfielder.

Archived