walkleyowl

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was my thread locked?

Sorry, but i was just trying to come on here and discuss football and the first game of the season, yet it gets locked.

Quite dissapointed really.

Just that it should've been in this thread fella that's all.

I think your away following has been boosted by this recent promotion and certainly success in any league helps boost attendences.

The promotion that was confirmed only in the last game of last season?

They had a terrible season before last.

I'm not saying they didn't have a terrible season, I'm just saying a good season which they had (scored voer 90 points) will no doubt boost away attendances. Look at us under Davies, we took 7,000 to Barnsley didn't we?

I think your away following has been boosted by this recent promotion and certainly success in any league helps boost attendences.

Not really, they always bring big numbers to PP reguardless. They've hardly been decent in the Championship over the last decade or so and they've still brought 4/5000 a time. There was a time, about 7-8 years ago when even though we were ***** we took similar numbers to Hillsborough, can't see it happening this year.

I'm not saying they didn't have a terrible season, I'm just saying a good season which they had (scored voer 90 points) will no doubt boost away attendances. Look at us under Davies, we took 7,000 to Barnsley didn't we?

Wednesday have had a great away following for years and most of that time they have been crap, they were only behind Leeds and West Ham in the whole football league last season for numbers and they stand and make some noise as well. We were 14th in the list.

Credit where it's due they have one of the best away followings in the country, we used to in the 80's, maybe that can return some day.

Not really, they always bring big numbers to PP reguardless. They've hardly been decent in the Championship over the last decade or so and they've still brought 4/5000 a time. There was a time, about 7-8 years ago when even though we were ***** we took similar numbers to Hillsborough, can't see it happening this year.

We took a lot to Hillsborough two seasons ago, our away following is garbage no doubt and they have a good following but they have had a boost this time around they have never took this many to our place before.

Yes really when you have a good season attendences will rise. Yes they have always had good numbers at our place but never this many in a league game.

Yes really when you have a good season attendences will rise. Yes they have always had good numbers at our place but never this many in a league game.

They haven't had good numbers, they've had amazing numbers compared to most. Even when they have been utter *****. Obviously attendances will rise, but I believe they would still have sold 5/6 thousand if they were coming off the back of an average season at this level if it was their first away game. I'm pretty sure we'd of sold 3/4 thousand if it was our first game of the season at their place.

Compare their away attendances this year to recent years at the end, it'll be pretty similar to recent seasons at this level. It was heavily restricted in League 1 with very small away allocations. They've always had this constant away support.

They haven't had good numbers, they've had amazing numbers compared to most. Even when they have been utter *****. Obviously attendances will rise, but I believe they would still have sold 5/6 thousand if they were coming off the back of an average season at this level if it was their first away game. I'm pretty sure we'd of sold 3/4 thousand if it was our first game of the season at their place.

Compare their away attendances this year to recent years at the end, it'll be pretty similar to recent seasons at this level. It was heavily restricted in League 1 with very small away allocations. They've always had this constant away support.

They wouldn't have sold this many as they haven't before, 4,500 most probably yes but not nearly 6,000. They do have very good support though and I do always enjoy the games although I'm not going to this one.

They wouldn't have sold this many as they haven't before, 4,500 most probably yes but not nearly 6,000. They do have very good support though and I do always enjoy the games although I'm not going to this one.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I don't believe they've ever been offered this many before for a game at Pride Park as it's normally close to a full house, so we'll never know.

Kinda looking forward to this and dreading it, I mean the atmosphere should be fantastic, but they will be directly to my left as I sit/stand in the South stand. I know myself and the people around me ( Mr therams69 and co) will be signing and getting behind the lad's all game long no matter what but there's gonna be 6000(!!!!!!!!!) pumped up (and some pissed up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> ) Wednesday fan's making a HELL of a racket right besides me and I just know were gonna get drowned out.

I hope this dosent become a regular thing I've been at Pride Park when we've been outsung by 500 away fan's, let alone this amount. If your reading this and your going to the game as a Derby fan for god's sake make some noise, even if it's just clapping your hand's, as were gonna need everybody giving something for this to feel like a home game.

I'm kinda scared about this game if i'm being brutally honest... I'm Autistic and i hate lots of noise and people.. Now a football game i can take, but a sell out on the first day, people hyped up, drinking, hating wednesday.. I'm also in a new seat cos i purchased a season ticket so have no idea where i am sat, which sucks, cos i dont want rowdy people next to me.. (no offense to anyone who likes being rowdy at games) i've also never seen 6000 away fans and will have to take the train home...

But should be a brilliant game non the less

I'm kinda scared about this game if i'm being brutally honest... I'm Autistic and i hate lots of noise and people.. Now a football game i can take, but a sell out on the first day, people hyped up, drinking, hating wednesday.. I'm also in a new seat cos i purchased a season ticket so have no idea where i am sat, which sucks, cos i dont want rowdy people next to me.. (no offense to anyone who likes being rowdy at games) i've also never seen 6000 away fans and will have to take the train home...

But should be a brilliant game non the less

I'm sure you'll be fine mate

Archived