walkleyowl

According to our OS we have been given around 6000 tickets so maybe we do have the SW corner, Should be a cracking opening day anyway.

SW corner isn't geared up for away fans, they aren't going to have netting to divide home and away in that corner for 600 or so fans, IF you have 6000 because you say it's "around" 6000 then it will come round south east corner

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SW corner isn't geared up for away fans, they aren't going to have netting to divide home and away in that corner for 600 or so fans, IF you have 6000 because you say it's "around" 6000 then it will come round south east corner

Wednesday do have the SW Corner.

Linky?

The letter I got as an SW corner ST holder moving me for this game as the area will be allocated to Sheffield Wednesday fans as part of their 6,000 plus allocation. Also they may do the same in future matches if the away team requests so many tickets.

Very very suprised

Not as much as me when I read the letter. Not a bad idea though, may as well have an extra 50k of Wednesday fans than most of the seats empty as they usually are. Also the turnstiles are very close to the away ones so a better plan than giving them all the South Stand.

Not as much as me when I read the letter. Not a bad idea though, may as well have an extra 50k of Wednesday fans than most of the seats empty as they usually are. Also the turnstiles are very close to the away ones so a better plan than giving them all the South Stand.

Not my problem but I think it will be a policing Nightmare if they get the top tear as well

Not my problem but I think it will be a policing Nightmare if they get the top tear as well

I don't think it will because with the lay out of the stand they can filter the away fans in the corner towards the main bulk coming out and the Derby fans down another stairway the other way. If the Police were not satisfied then the plan would have been scrapped.

It is despite the slight inconvenience to us SW season ticket holders a good idea I think and I expect it to work well so long as the away fans behave well. With such an unusually large allocation there is a chance some will act up as I believe they did at Notts County last season..

Cheers mate, I got a ticket and it says south stand lower block E row LL?

btw always enjoy my trips to Derby, one of the best games was the 3-3 night game at the Baseball Ground in the F.A cup quarter final, if anyone remembers that one.

Remember it like it was yesterday, you had a top team then but we should have beat you. A great BBG atmosphere that spurred the team on. 1-0 massacre to you in the replay though.

Remember it like it was yesterday, you had a top team then but we should have beat you. A great BBG atmosphere that spurred the team on. 1-0 massacre to you in the replay though.

Yeah me too mate, seem to remember Nicolson scoring a 30 yarder, great atmosphere on that side terracing that night, much preferred the BBG to PP.

Yeah me too mate, seem to remember Nicolson scoring a 30 yarder, great atmosphere on that side terracing that night, much preferred the BBG to PP.

The BBG was great but it had to have 3 sides pulled down and started again. The new location was good but they should have had the stands closer to the pitch and higher to bring a bit of the BBG to the new ground. They went for the Boro replica I guess based on cost and I think in time it will be classed as a major mistake.

The BBG was great but it had to have 3 sides pulled down and started again. The new location was good but they should have had the stands closer to the pitch and higher to bring a bit of the BBG to the new ground. They went for the Boro replica I guess based on cost and I think in time it will be classed as a major mistake.

I know the Baseball ground was tired looking but I loved going there no matter what the state, proper old ground with an atmosphere, I remember being behind the goal when Shilton was in the net and we sang Tina at him all game lol, (he knew why) think that was 87' think Ted McMinn scored for you that game.

Pride Park is just like any new ground now and struggles to create an atmosphere, England should of gone down the German route with new stadiums, like Dortmund.

Sterile bowls, goal music, trendy bars, club superstores, seated fans..... football glory days die everytime an Ikea stadium is built.

Don't ever leave Hillsborough. Or improve it. Who says a football ground needs to look good. It should feel good!

Archived