Refund Campaign !

Stimacked

That's shocking, why on earth would they do that, football should be played sat 3pm, must be one if the worst ideas ever.

They're all on or around Bank Holidays, we are just unlucky that they are all at home (unless that works out better for you, and you prefer Saturday away games, in which case you're luckier).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was a football team that cared a jot about it's supporters.

It went to great lengths to please them. It kept players because fans liked them and did not sell them to wicked teams for pots of gold.

To please its fans it ensured that all games were played between the hours of three and five of the clock on a Saturday afternoon.

Sounds like a fairy tale......point made.

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was a football team that cared a jot about it's supporters.

It went to great lengths to please them. It kept players because fans liked them and did not sell them to wicked teams for pots of gold.

To please its fans it ensured that all games were played between the hours of three and five of the clock on a Saturday afternoon.

Sounds like a fairy tale......point made.

7:30pm on a Wednesday (although this was later changed to 7:45pm to accomodate the 9am to 5pm workers)

we was once a 'fan friendly' little family club.

(learn a bit of German at the same time) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Ach mein bruder! Sie sprechen eine Kleine Deutsch ja? Das is Gut!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyUKnCf0YY

Sums it all up really 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I can understand why fans feel let down if you like, by the club.

We've seen Shackell join the team, work well within it, he paired really well with Barks and for a spell were hard to get past in defence. Still room for improvement but the garden was beginning to be a bit more rosy. Fans were beginning to think that maybe we really could push onwards & upwards. Why not? I think it's fair to say there was some great spells of football played last season and we hoped this would carry on using Shackell's albeit temporary leadership.

Then the board & Nigel state that he wasn't for sale and it was their aim to build a team around him but say in the next breath that if the right offer came in, they'd have to look at it. But it seems to me that the board were preparing fans for the sale and piece feeding us tidbits in an effort to get us used to the idea.

But. Whatever's gone off, whoever you believe, it's no longer relevant. What can anyone do?

To those who are thinking of getting a refund - and I know there are a few who are - why not wait & see who comes in, why not - dare I say it - trust Nigel to do his job? He's not here for the good of his health and I bet he gets just as vexed as the rest of us but he's hardly in a position to voice owt like we are. (Maybe he has behind the scenes, who knows).

I'm going to hide now, to escape the volley of abuse that'll no doubt be coming my way... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

You lot make me laugh

I thought we as fans were LOYAL to the CLUB not the board or the manager but to the badge on the shirt. I mean come on this is pathetic excuse just to get your money back but I guess if you want it u truly aren't loyal. I don't remember people asking for refunds when Hulse and commons were sold so why schackell. Players move on its football! If clough sees it fit to sell one to get 2 more in then I trust that. But to want money back when there's still nearly 2 months of the transfer window to go is rediculous!! I mean actually grow a pair and support your club 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> at least we're not in forest Pompey or rangers situation!

If your that bothered buy a rams shirt and stick board out on the back if your that sad.

Rant over!!

As stupid as it sounded to everyone. The idea was to threaten to ask for a refund in the letter. Not to actually go through with it. If there was a barrage of complaints from the fans at Shackells sell it would up the ante. We should be outraged at the board for letting our club slowly wither into lower table mediocracy.

Slowly wither into lower table mediocracy? im sure weve been lower table mediocracy for years, wasnt last season our 3rd highest finish in 10 years or something?!

All ST holders should write to Ticketing Managers office and ask How to get a refund and tell them you are considering it. If sufficient numbers do this it could twist the arm of the board. They need to feel the rage of the Derby fanbase they are taking for granted. See the article in the DET about it.

No Don't be silly

You lot make me laugh

I thought we as fans were LOYAL to the CLUB not the board or the manager but to the badge on the shirt. I mean come on this is pathetic excuse just to get your money back but I guess if you want it u truly aren't loyal. I don't remember people asking for refunds when Hulse and commons were sold so why schackell. Players move on its football! If clough sees it fit to sell one to get 2 more in then I trust that. But to want money back when there's still nearly 2 months of the transfer window to go is rediculous!! I mean actually grow a pair and support your club 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> at least we're not in forest Pompey or rangers situation!

If your that bothered buy a rams shirt and stick board out on the back if your that sad.

Rant over!!

Not that I support the 'campaign' because I don't, however to claim one isn't supporting the team because they want a refund and not putting money into the club is nonsense. My dad doesn't have a season ticket anymore because he cannot afford it, however he still supports the rams, listens to them and talks to me about them when we have time together. He is still interested in the club and is loyal to the club. To be loyal to the club is different from being loyal to the owners and the manager, one can be loyal to the club while trying to eviscerate the people who own your club. I imagine those who want a refund or have attained a refund won't cut their links with the club entirely at all, just that they feel they cannot make a statement of support to the board while they feel it is their moral obligation to get them out of the club. I imagine they are still loyal to the club and love the club and that it wasn't an easy decision to make.

I am not happy at the sale of Shacks, I think it will cause as many if not more problems than it may solve.

It's now up to NC to prove he was right. If it all goes belly up then he will be accountable.

Threatening to get a refund makes no sense to me at all, especially before you see who comes in.

Not that I support the 'campaign' because I don't, however to claim one isn't supporting the team because they want a refund and not putting money into the club is nonsense. My dad doesn't have a season ticket anymore because he cannot afford it, however he still supports the rams, listens to them and talks to me about them when we have time together. He is still interested in the club and is loyal to the club. To be loyal to the club is different from being loyal to the owners and the manager, one can be loyal to the club while trying to eviscerate the people who own your club. I imagine those who want a refund or have attained a refund won't cut their links with the club entirely at all, just that they feel they cannot make a statement of support to the board while they feel it is their moral obligation to get them out of the club. I imagine they are still loyal to the club and love the club and that it wasn't an easy decision to make.

Exactly YR, just because you don't agree with the way that the club is being managed doesn't mean that you are not a fan- in fact, if you feel strongly that the club is being handled incorrectly then cutting your funding of this malpractice by demanding a refund is entirely the correct thing to do. This, if anything, strengthens your support (and defence) of YOUR club. As an aside, I personally think that the club may be on the verge of something great- it may fall flat on its face after selling the "messiah" (really?) but I have a feeling that we will more than manage.

[size=1]p.s thanks for your support during the recent "unpleasantness" YR[/size] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Exactly YR, just because you don't agree with the way that the club is being managed doesn't mean that you are not a fan- in fact, if you feel strongly that the club is being handled incorrectly then cutting your funding of this malpractice by demanding a refund is entirely the correct thing to do. This, if anything, strengthens your support (and defence) of YOUR club. As an aside, I personally think that the club may be on the verge of something great- it may fall flat on its face after selling the "messiah" (really?) but I have a feeling that we will more than manage.

[size=1]p.s thanks for your support during the recent "unpleasantness" YR[/size] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

No problem Shilton 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> and I agree with you. I imagine it would strengthen your support for the club if one did that.

A fan might ask for a refund, a supporter would never.

Thankyou please.

It simply isn't true Boycie, a supporter might protest so much about the way they perceive the club being run is that the only honourable thing to do is to not go until the 'yanks' as they call them are out. One might disagree with them but to question their loyalty to the club (not the management or the board which are seperate) to me is an insult which is unfair and blatantly not true.

The only reason you should be looking for a refund is if the amount of home games you miss disadvantages you financially, and buying individual tickets is better for you and your wallet.

I don't really care that a player was sold, I am more annoyed that there seems to be less games at 3pm on a saturday season after season. They state that the Forest game is at 1pm, as it helps the police, whilst the police may have said that, how can they then allow last seasons to be mid week?

Football has gone mad, I have just spent the last couple of weeks almost solidly on various travel web sites trying to get to places like Moldova and Montenegro and Wembley to see England's world cup qualifiers, we haven't got one game, including friendlies, arranged for a Saturday, not one! it's a nightmare.

Archived