Refund Campaign !

Stimacked

I find this sort of comment facinating. Anyone who challenges the status quo about the ownership, management and direction the club are going is told to stay away, we don't need your sort booing and complaining.

Funny then that now we are voting with our feet and staying away the atmosphere is non existent. Happy clappers ? Why aren't you happy ? Why aren't you clapping ?

Come on LETS BE AVIN YOU!

Same sort of thing that happened after the success of the 70's. We went from 35,000 to 17,000. They all came back under the Jim Smith days and the new stadium. Ok we're not very fashionable atm but true Derby fans will keep the faith and not give a fook about the ones who only turn up when we're winning.

Some of us had the best times when we were in the old division 3.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. This is going to be fun :-)

You know what? Fans cash in their ST. Sometimes they get pissed off with the management. Or the transfer policy. Or the colour of the turf in July. Or they move house and can't afford to spunk away money to a ground far, far away...

Fair play to those that have the refund. And... when it's all going sweetly before Xmas? And then you're paying full whack? Or not... whatever this new pricing does.

Anyway. I somehow don't think a few toys-out-of-prams will rock Glick's world. 30-odd out of... remind me? How many have stumped up for the long haul?

Mmm, well this has definately split opinion.

Still got my ST but I won't knock anyone who's opted to get a refund.

They're fed up of the spin, they're fed up of being told one thing and then the board go and do something else. Maybe for some it's been coming for a while and letting Shackell go was the straw that broke the camels back in terms of their paying support.

Does it mean they support the team any less? No, these are lifelong fans who have decided to do the only thing they can do and vote with their feet. Maybe they've decided that the change doesn't need to come from the pitch but from the board.

What gives people the right to slate them for doing what they think is right for them?

How many people pay for something that costs a few hundred quid like a tv or holiday then if they had the opportunity to change their minds a few months later and get their money back, would do?

Lots I would hope. If you buy a TV and it goes wrong or fails to deliver what was expected from the description you can get a full refund upto 14 days, possibly longer under the 1974 Sale of Goods Act, depending on the reason. Holiday you can usually cancel and get money back or credit for justifiable reasons, or claim it back on insurance.

Season tickets are refundable up to the start of the season as they are viewed as an advance purchase, people at any point can ask, in writing I believe, for a refund. Moving house, job, family issues are probably the usual reasons, however ST holders can state club policy as a reason, and it has to be accepted and money refunded.

I think if you did a poll on reasons why ST holders would consider getting a refund this season, the majority would vote for fixtures being changed (ie less at 3pm on a Saturday) than the sale of a journeyman center half.

Absolute rubbish Boycie and you know it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I am still going to be purchasing individual tickets home and away for certain games so I am still in what you regard supporting the team. However a supporter can object to the way he perceives his club being run and go on a kind of protest or strike. Just like workers who strike do it for the greater good so they can affect change this is what supporters often do when they boycott their season tickets. I am not saying I agree with the campaign, I am just saying smearing them as non supporters to me is rubbish, they still support the club just not what is happening to it and I imagine many if not all of them will listen to the radio for the scores.

Arh well, I thought you weren't going at all, some one who don't go or buy merchandise is a fan, not a supporter.

Arh well, I thought you weren't going at all, some one who don't go or buy merchandise is a fan, not a supporter.

Yes I am still coming home and going to about a dozen games. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I am also going to some away games which should be near me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I personally disagree but that is just me, it depends on what you view a supporter as Boycie. Personally I believe you can be a passionate supporter and disagree with the way the club is being managed and run and not buy a season ticket.

Yes I am still coming home and going to about a dozen games. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I am also going to some away games which should be near me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I personally disagree but that is just me, it depends on what you view a supporter as Boycie. Personally I believe you can be a passionate supporter and disagree with the way the club is being managed and run and not buy a season ticket.

Support, to me, means financial. You're not supporting the team by watching out for the results on Soccer Saturday, no matter how much you shout if it's a win.

Support, to me, means financial. You're not supporting the team by watching out for the results on Soccer Saturday, no matter how much you shout if it's a win.

fair enough 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Let's agree to disagree, the word support is certainly open to interpretation on this issue so let's just say we have different definitions 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Correct son, bang on the money. Or no money as the case maybe.

Relax YR your mums a supporter and you're a fan.

Bet she's glad you're not having a ticket this year aywot?

very good Boycie 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Nah, we both discussed it and looked at the fixture list, train prices and how much money I have spare at University. The numbers just didn't add up, i suppose it saves her a few quid but she wasn't happ about it as such.

Student loans! I bet you're not a big drinker, so it's ready made for this kinda thing.

My student loan barely covers my accomodation Boycie. So difficult choices need to be made. But you're right on the drinking I barely drink.

That's fine for those who can afford as such. £45/£50 (+printing) is a lot for a shirt and games are becoming more and more expensive. If I can't make it to any games this season, or can't justify spending that much on a shirt, does this make me less of a supporter?

I agree there.

Forking out for ST's (there's 3 of us renewed this season) lets face it, is expensive. Kits are expensive too. The time might come when we can't afford to renew and maybe our lil lad might only get 1 shirt instead of both home & away. Would this make us merely fans & not supporters if we just couldn't afford the expense?

That's fine for those who can afford as such. £45/£50 (+printing) is a lot for a shirt and games are becoming more and more expensive. If I can't make it to any games this season, or can't justify spending that much on a shirt, does this make me less of a supporter?

If you dont go or even buy a scarf but listen to the radio or watch it on sky, then you are a fan in my eyes, not a supporter.

A supporter encourages them from the stands, or if they can't get, wears the shirt or tee shirt etc with pride.

If you don't go, or show the colours, that's fine, nothing wrong, but you're simply a fan, not a supporter.

Archived