Refund Campaign !

Stimacked

I know its all been said already, but while we prepare for FFP, the rest of the division arent going to the same extemes until they are forced to.

So while we run our finances the best, the rest of the division spends money on actually making their squads more competitive.

Every single time a team goes from league one to the championship, they buy players, or pick up free transfers, whethere they can afford the wage bills or not. Then you have those clubs who felt they were close to promotion last season and so step it up again to try reach the promised land.

I certainly cant think of many clubs in the divison who have had less transfers in than us so far this summer.

Bottom line is, to improve the team, and perhaps compete for the top 6, Clough needed to strenghen the squad, and bring players in. The owners/investors, call you what you will, should have given Clough the funds to achieve this, without having to sell one of our better senior players.

Whilst we have some good young players at the club, and the academy products are starting to come good, one of my complaints last season was the lack of senior experienced Pros we have. Shackell was one of these.

Constantly letting experienced players go, and chasing after 21 year old league 1 and league 2 players, IMO isnt the way to go.

Arsenal are living proof of this.

Our american investors seem to be playing one game finanically (ie one that works in america) whilst the rest of the championship clubs are playing the game they have always done. To compete on the field you have to prepare to wrack up some debt and lose money!

We are starting to become closer to a barnsley or doncaster in our bottom 6 budget mentality.

Our support, history and good stadium and training facillities are irrelevant at the moment IMO.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On RD it has been reported that 30 ST holders have gotten refunds on their tickets.

That's not many at all in the grand scheme of things but to any club or viable business, 1 is too many and it shouldn't happen. I'm sure GSE but more importantly the owners are not happy with this loss of trust and custom, so it will be interesting to see what their plan is to get them back.

On RD it has been reported that 30 ST holders have gotten refunds on their tickets.

That's not many at all in the grand scheme of things but to any club or viable business, 1 is too many and it shouldn't happen. I'm sure GSE but more importantly the owners are not happy with this loss of trust and custom, so it will be interesting to see what their plan is to get them back.

Its only 0.001% of sales estimated at 16k. I expect that season tickets are refunded every season for some reason or other, moving, losing a job, family reasons etc. I think the Shackell sale is just a more tangable excuse.

Its only 0.001% of sales estimated at 16k. I expect that season tickets are refunded every season for some reason or other, moving, losing a job, family reasons etc. I think the Shackell sale is just a more tangable excuse.

You're understating the problem

30/16000 = 0.001875

0.001875x100= 0.2%(1.d.p)

Obviously far worse than first feared.

Glick actually says it's around 17000 ST sales this year in the DET yesterday

I did say it's not massive in the grand scheme of things - but the number wasn't my point.

To any business providing a customer service, even 1 unhappy customer is 1 too many. When 30 rock up at the same time for the same reason wanting refunds, it doesn't reflect well on the business. And said business should do all they can to bring those customers back. I'd want to anyway, nobody can afford to take paying customers for granted can they?

It simply isn't true Boycie, a supporter might protest so much about the way they perceive the club being run is that the only honourable thing to do is to not go until the 'yanks' as they call them are out. One might disagree with them but to question their loyalty to the club (not the management or the board which are seperate) to me is an insult which is unfair and blatantly not true.

. It is true YR. You are not supporting your players, manager etc if you don't buy a season ticket.

I understand this may rankle you a little as you are forced to train at Univercity to work in Mc Donald's, but the fact is, I am right.

You are wrong, but I won't think any worse of you for deserting the rams.

. It is true YR. You are not supporting your players, manager etc if you don't buy a season ticket.

I understand this may rankle you a little as you are forced to train at Univercity to work in Mc Donald's, but the fact is, I am right.

You are wrong, but it would be impossible to think any worse of you for deserting the rams.

fixed that for ya ..

Speak for yourself. I'm happy and more than a bit fed up of wading through fans who seem to be more focused on spend than performance. At this level you cannot buy success like you can in the Premier League. The stars that make the real difference won't play at this level. In this division big spend usually means ex-prem on the way down or nearly men like Commons for instance.

I can see what the club and Nigel are about. I hope they get it right and I will give them my whole hearted support to achieve it. I am excited to see how this new young hungry squad perform. If losing Shackell is causing all this misery just remember he wasn't all that. Couldn't pass and didn't do enough in the other penalty area for me. Personally I hope we get the lad Pearce from Notts County. Good footballer. Can actually pass!

You are wrong, but I won't think any worse of you for deserting the rams.

Absolute rubbish Boycie and you know it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I am still going to be purchasing individual tickets home and away for certain games so I am still in what you regard supporting the team. However a supporter can object to the way he perceives his club being run and go on a kind of protest or strike. Just like workers who strike do it for the greater good so they can affect change this is what supporters often do when they boycott their season tickets. I am not saying I agree with the campaign, I am just saying smearing them as non supporters to me is rubbish, they still support the club just not what is happening to it and I imagine many if not all of them will listen to the radio for the scores.

If youre not happy then get a refund simple as. I'd rather have fans at the game that are willing to get behind the team rather than boo at every given opportunity.....

I find this sort of comment facinating. Anyone who challenges the status quo about the ownership, management and direction the club are going is told to stay away, we don't need your sort booing and complaining.

Funny then that now we are voting with our feet and staying away the atmosphere is non existent. Happy clappers ? Why aren't you happy ? Why aren't you clapping ?

Come on LETS BE AVIN YOU!

I know its all been said already, but while we prepare for FFP, the rest of the division arent going to the same extemes until they are forced to.

So while we run our finances the best, the rest of the division spends money on actually making their squads more competitive.

Every single time a team goes from league one to the championship, they buy players, or pick up free transfers, whethere they can afford the wage bills or not. Then you have those clubs who felt they were close to promotion last season and so step it up again to try reach the promised land.

I certainly cant think of many clubs in the divison who have had less transfers in than us so far this summer.

Bottom line is, to improve the team, and perhaps compete for the top 6, Clough needed to strenghen the squad, and bring players in. The owners/investors, call you what you will, should have given Clough the funds to achieve this, without having to sell one of our better senior players.

Whilst we have some good young players at the club, and the academy products are starting to come good, one of my complaints last season was the lack of senior experienced Pros we have. Shackell was one of these.

Constantly letting experienced players go, and chasing after 21 year old league 1 and league 2 players, IMO isnt the way to go.

Arsenal are living proof of this.

Our american investors seem to be playing one game finanically (ie one that works in america) whilst the rest of the championship clubs are playing the game they have always done. To compete on the field you have to prepare to wrack up some debt and lose money!

We are starting to become closer to a barnsley or doncaster in our bottom 6 budget mentality.

Our support, history and good stadium and training facillities are irrelevant at the moment IMO.

First of all, whilst I don't agree with much of this, it is a good post and I respect, and understand your opinion.

I'm not sure the board are playing the FFP game, although that is the official line coming out of the club. I think it's as simple as they've inherited a financial mess and trying to claw back and save money at every possible opportunity in the mid term that won't jeopardise the club in the long term (ie, relegation and significant drop in levels of support). They came in with alot of players on 'Premiership' deals, and they've only just completed the process of moving all of those players on. I don't necessarily agree with everything that happens but I do understand why some of the sales have been made. With regard to Shackell, as I've said on a few posts recently, I'll reserve judgement until I see how the money has been spent, but in Michael Jacobs and Paul Coutts (who I suspect were two of the players Clough had in mind when he was told to sell Shackell to raise funds), we seem to have two players who generally are regarded highly. How will they pan out? Who knows, but I don't want to criticise until I've seen them.

With regard to the rest of the division spending money to make their squads better, there's plenty of time to go. Why can't we make a judgement in August when we start the season? Some people will get their business done early, others (like Derby) have had to wait until funds are available to spend.The way I see it, Clough has had since 5th July (when Shackell moved) to buy anyone. So just over a week, and in that time we've bought one player. I'm not sure on what basis Michael Jacobs was bought on, whether it was to be funded from the Shackell sale, or a one off investment.

In terms of stepping up again, I think we're doing that too. John Brayford only played half a season in11/12, and having him back is a massive boost. Jeff Hendrick now has an impressive first season under his belt and will only improve, and the same to a lesser extent can be said for Mark O'Brien, and Callum Ball if he is still here. Will Hughes is an exciting prospect. Tom Naylor looked really good in the games he played We've bought two players that sound full of promise, and we're not finished there. In order to make betterment of the team we've had to sell one of our better players. I'm disappointed that Shackell has gone but I do think it's for the overall good of the squad. If Shackell stayed and we couldn't sign anyone, there would have been complaints too.

I look at Leicester and am so delighted we're not them. They're under so much pressure to get promoted this season, and absolutely no guarantee they'll do it. They've been greedy, splashing cash on big name players (for the division) and poor management means they're only a season away from possible financial turmoil. We on the other hand could flirt with the play offs with the current squad in my opinion - but if we don't get promoted, we'll have the chance to do it again the following season. I don't think Leicester will have that chance, and I'd hate to be in that **** or bust situation.

I find this sort of comment facinating. Anyone who challenges the status quo about the ownership, management and direction the club are going is told to stay away, we don't need your sort booing and complaining.

Funny then that now we are voting with our feet and staying away the atmosphere is non existent. Happy clappers ? Why aren't you happy ? Why aren't you clapping ?

Come on LETS BE AVIN YOU!

Erm... What are you on about exactly? I commented the fact that if you are not happy then dont buy a ticket hence don't bother turning up! True fans will turn up and support the team no matter what league were in. Mark my words Keogh will be a ram. If not then no other defender will sign. FACT! Don't ask me how I know but trust me I've spoken to a very reliable source. If you want to vote with your feet why don't you do so a few days before the season starts not 5 weeks before!

I'm not sure the board are playing the FFP game, although that is the official line coming out of the club. I think it's as simple as they've inherited a financial mess and trying to claw back and save money at every possible opportunity in the mid term that won't jeopardise the club in the long term (ie, relegation and significant drop in levels of support). They came in with alot of players on 'Premiership' deals, and they've only just completed the process of moving all of those players on..

If you think they inherited a financial mess,then I suggest you try answering the 4 questions I set to Davenport on page 5 of the "time to act against gse is now" thread.

They brought in 4 players (ultimately intended for the Championship,as near as damn it) on 'Premiership' deals,then added about another 15 for 08/09,so it's quite clear who wracked up an unsustainable wage bill.If they've only just completed the moving on process,then it's because they extended the contracts of some.

Try as some of you may to put the blame on a previous administration,I'll continue to put up the facts to show that they are predominantly cleaning up their own mess.

Erm... What are you on about exactly? I commented the fact that if you are not happy then dont buy a ticket hence don't bother turning up! True fans will turn up and support the team no matter what league were in. Mark my words Keogh will be a ram. If not then no other defender will sign. FACT! Don't ask me how I know but trust me I've spoken to a very reliable source. If you want to vote with your feet why don't you do so a few days before the season starts not 5 weeks before!

The point i was making was that if the only people going to PP now are the "True" supporters then how come its so quite. I respect your decision to continue paying to see the Rams despite this appalling owners/management combo but the club's support is a broad church. Some of us see buoycotting the Yanks as our way of trying to affect change,

I know at least 10 supporters who followed us through Div 2 and 3 between 1980 and 1986 who would'nt dream of going at the moment but they remain passionate rams fans

Archived