Derby County Statement - Safe Standing.

therams69

Nice one Nick. Although i would never ever want to stand up to watch football (30+ years of playing it and running marathons has put an end to my knees) i can see the merits of it.

It would create an amazing atmosphere, we need to keep pushing this and be the FIRST in England to get it implemented, that is the sort of positive vibee we need coming out of the club.

Lets be forward thinking, the kids want this, and so do some grown ups i presume, they are the future of our club, you only need to look at all the nostalgic posts on here to see how much this great club influences your life.

Well done again Nick, everyone please get behind this, even if, like me, you are not going to be queing up for the standing area.....we all remember the pop side.......oh happy days!!!

By the light......by the light, by the light.....of the silvery moon....silvery moon silvery moon.....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had lots of meetings with club and in particular Clough over this. I strongly believe him. He wants this.

brilliant effort, would love to see standing at pride park one day, used to love standing at the baseball ground as a nipper.

one question - how much influence would clough have over any such decision? is this not a boardroom decision? sorry if you've answered this before!

brilliant effort, would love to see standing at pride park one day, used to love standing at the baseball ground as a nipper.

one question - how much influence would clough have over any such decision? is this not a boardroom decision? sorry if you've answered this before!

A big influence. TO be honest everyone at the club wants it. Clough is very keen on it.

Well there was a record number of people online last night so maybe there was a lot of other fans reading this thread. And, how many times did it say Nick in that statement?? Don't think anyone will forget your name now. Good news though.

Hi all,

First off this has nothing to do with the sale of Shacks or what you may think of the board / manager with what has happened in the last 24 hours.

I helped to start this campaign a year or so ago for Derby County Fans and must carry it all the way through.

Please see below statement from Jon Darch, myself and Derby County.

This is absolutely FANTASTIC news and will hopefully get the ball rolling for many other clubs to come out publically and state they want safe standing.

Derby are the second club to announce they are interested. More clubs come forward and we may get this very soon.

[url=http://http://tinyurl.com/d7avw2v]http://tinyurl.com/d7avw2v

Thanks for all your support. There may well be a long way to go but this is a huge hurdle completed, believe me!!

Nick

You got a mention here Nick......

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Derby-County-and-Nigel-Clough-back-safe-standing.php?id=

They are only printing bad news at the moment.

I particularly like todays fans are right to be outraged about Shackell

The sale caused fury

Yet know fans quotes or interviews

Surely they could have found somebody to back up the headline.

Agree they are but this is really headline news!!!!

• 2 months later...

Phone in tonight on RD with Bloomers and Nick, debating safe standing, with positive and supportive comments from NC too, so get ringing in with your opinions folks.

Archived