Derby County Statement - Safe Standing.

therams69

Hi all,

First off this has nothing to do with the sale of Shacks or what you may think of the board / manager with what has happened in the last 24 hours.

I helped to start this campaign a year or so ago for Derby County Fans and must carry it all the way through.

Please see below statement from Jon Darch, myself and Derby County.

This is absolutely FANTASTIC news and will hopefully get the ball rolling for many other clubs to come out publically and state they want safe standing.

Derby are the second club to announce they are interested. More clubs come forward and we may get this very soon.

[url=http://http://tinyurl.com/d7avw2v]http://tinyurl.com/d7avw2v

Thanks for all your support. There may well be a long way to go but this is a huge hurdle completed, believe me!!

Nick

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough also went on to say, "we need an experienced striker, and midfield play maker, we have irons in the fire and hope to have news in the next day or so.

How hard is it too read the first few lines Boycie pal of my original post.

sorry youth, I know you're hearts in the right place, but there's a time for good news and a time for bad news.

This aint the time to try to shed a good light on the owners. Look how long it took them to realise a big screen would generate income. We've been banging on about the revenue possibilities of a screen for 2 seasons at least.

Sometimes I wonder what business sense these guys have? and what's happened just lately sums it up for me.

Sorry to piss on your parade mate, but what these guys say, and then do, are two different things.

Sorry again.

Great work Nick, so it's just us and Villa interested at the moment?

What are the next steps to getting it approved? and who will actually authorise it?

I've said this before on here but I know for a fact that if this went ahead, lads young and old would return to PP in droves and I honestly think it would change Derby big time. Get however many it would hold in the South Stand and a sprinkling in the NE Stand and watch Stoke City **** 'em selves (their time is up and they know it)

Boycie,

This was agreed months ago. Prepared to go public now. Not a PR spin of any kind. I decided to go public today as there is a big event on Saturday in London with safe standing and if I had stopped this then Derby would have lost any possible limelight they had.

That is why released today.

I have had lots of meetings with club and in particular Clough over this. I strongly believe him. He wants this.

What are the next steps to getting it approved? and who will actually authorise it?

I've said this before on here but I know for a fact that if this went ahead, lads young and old would return to PP in droves and I honestly think it would change Derby big time. Get however many it would hold in the South Stand and a sprinkling in the NE Stand and watch Stoke City **** 'em selves (their time is up and they know it)

Yes publically mate. Lots more interested but will not go public for a reason or another. Now we have hope many more follow suit!

Might be an idea to check out www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk - all the info on there matey.

Exactly mate. Could not agree more!!!

SillyBilly

Great work nick. I know of a few that will come back with standing. I will be first in the queue.

Standing areas always have and always will generate a better atmospere imo,well done Nick i think you get little credit from Derby fans for all the work you put into projects for us .

Thanks Neo.

Not credit I am after and yes I do get alot of **** but hey ho.... Surprised when you sit down and have a beer with them and explain it tends to be "Bottle of Becks again is it......."

Thanks matey, appreciate your kind words.

Archived