Kelvin Mellor

48 hours

Just a quick update ...

In the last few days, Crewe have signed a new CB and a new LB, both with far more experience than Kelvin. This makes me think that Steve Davis (Crewe's Manager) has resigned himself to losing him.

Doesn't seem overally wanted a crewe anyway, seems a fair player in league two but question marks about his ability to step up. I guess we'll have to wait and see, wouldn't fill me with a great amount of confidence and still think we would be more likely to see Bray switched to the left and Naylor to fill in at right if Roberto did get injured.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Mellor could well have been the player who Glick suggested was closest to completing a deal, mentioned in the Fans Forum thread blog. Meant to be a utility player who can play left back.

[url=

this bit

We’re currently looking at somebody who would be a good understudy for Roberts at left back, but could also fill a utility role (I guess a left-sided equivalent of Naylor). This was as close to a name as we got, so my interpretation was that this could be the closest deal to completion.

Mellor is crewes number 17?

He was very tidy in the play-off final and he was one I was impressed with, didn't realise it was him. Still why didn't Crewe play him more than 10 times over the year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> also thought he was a left midfielder 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

lets see how he gets on anyway!

He is 21 so doesent fit the description of slightly younger than Shackell. He has something like 12 caps for Crewe. His other games were on loan to non league clubs and a stint in the Icelandic league. Definately would be a signing in the Naylor mold. His versatilty would make him an asset in our threadbare shoestring squad.

Archived