England v Ukraine

froggg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither underestimate Shevchenko nor treat him and his team with too much respect.

Don't expect Rooney to turn up or deliver anything.

Play like we did against Sweden after looking as if we were cruising for a bruising.

Then we should be fine.

Least we can expect is a draw but I hope for a 3-1 win to send a message to the other teams in the quarters.

IT'S COMING HOME!

England 2 Ukraine 0

Hart

Johnson Terry Lescott Cole

Walcott Parker Gerrard Young

Rooney

Welbeck

England take an early lead though a John Terry header and we all forget the fact that he's a attention seeking thug for a few seconds. We'll then sit deep, invite Ukraine on to us and survive a number of very close calls before Defoe (on for Welbeck) latches onto a long punt up field in the dying seconds, rounds the keeper and taps it in.

My crystal ball also tells me -

Adrian Chiles will make a number of **** jokes and observations

Roy Keane will be the miserable c**t he always is and won't give a single English player any credit.

Jamie Carragher will speak a surprising amount of sense.

Aw no, it's on ITV isn't it? More Adrian Chiles? I'll tune him out until KO.

It'd be great if Rooney could put an honest shift in, I hope he does. What's the latest on Wellbeck's hamstring?

Be refreshing if we do take the lead and avoid our usual "backs to the wall", defend at all costs mentality that just invites pressure on to the back line. England need to be more adventurous in killing teams off.

2-1 England. Ukraine score first which puts us all through torture for 70 minutes before the 3 lions roar back into contention! This is England afterall, we never read the script.

Annoyed that Spain could quite easily have finished runners up yesterday.

My crystal ball also tells me -

Adrian Chiles will make a number of **** jokes and observations

Roy Keane will be the miserable c**t he always is and won't give a single English player any credit.

Jamie Carragher will speak a surprising amount of sense but nobody knows as they can't understand a word he says.

Archived