East Midland's derbies blog.

FuriousFox46

[url=http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/the-east-midlands-derbies/]http://thechriswhiti...dlands-derbies/

Hi guys,

I've written an article on the 'East Midlands derbies'. I've tried to be fair and balanced. Please let me know what you think. Any views and comments are appreciated. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Well, at least you tried, eh.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't come on this forum to spur a rivalry. I was offering my perception on the matter and I want yours.

I never knew some of you were so passionate about your supposed apathy. No need to be total ****s is there really, if we're so irrelevant.

Then your ok.

But can you tell your inflatable sheep waving friends to put their shirts back on, climb down from the taxi roof and calm down a bit.

You personally might not care, but every year we get harassed by your fans who are so pumped up it makes us all cringe.

"We hate Derby"

Zzzz

I simply do not care about Leicester, in fact I haven't met a single derby fan who really cares about them in any other way than there might be a decent atmosphere tonight or they celebrate a tad too much when they beat us. For me I prefer playing the sheffield clubs, more than when we play you. What tends to happen is, all the Leicester fans shout and scream with a few inflatable sheep and it just makes me cringe. With Derby and Forest the hatred is mutual and that is what matters in a derby game, all you have is your side hating us when quite frankly the majorty of us don't really care about losing to you. Where as in the biggest east midlands derby the dislike is clear to see from both sides and that is what matters. I didn't think your article was very good, the t.v point was pointless in my view I thought you kept trying to make excuses about why leicester are important using an airport as one example. All you are dear sir is an afterthought someone who we have to play with but we would rather play with someone else.

I dislike Fester but they're not in the same league as Red Dog Scum, Dirty Leeds, Stoke or WBA. That last one is due to knowing a lot of Dudley-ites who gave it the big un in our promotion season about being the Championship's Barcelona.

I feel quite sorry for Leicester cus they don't really havea proper Derby games bar Coventry but even that isn't exactly proper rivalry, it's more like "We haven't got anybody to dislike and you're within 30 mies of us, shall we hate each other?"...

Forest

Stoke

Sheffield Wednesday

They are the only 3 games I can't stand to lose. I ain't bothered about Leeds personally, but I understand the old timers views on it and it's usually the 2nd best atmosphere of the season.

Whenever we go down Leicester there's 25,000 people totally worked up, buzzing off their tits, madferit, and there's 1,500 of us not really arsed in the corner, bemused by the hate shown. It's no different to playing Burton Albion or Chesterfield really.

And no this isn't us trying to show we're a bigger club and belittling Leicester, it's the truth.

To suggest that because Derby-Forest wasn't televised it is somehow less of a derby is laughable. If you'd bothered to do your research properly you'd see that it was due to be televised on the BBC but the game was called off because of snow. The revised fixture was midweek therefore wasn't on telly.

Anyway, you were doing ok til the last paragraph, when you rather exposed yourself.

I see Leicester as kind of rivals simply because they are local (ish). But there are other teams I hate more, for all sorts of reasons.

As a forest fan, I thought I'd comment, to me and this is only my opinion, I honestly don't really care about Leicester. This has nothing to do with 'acting like I don't care' I just really don't. To me it's like any other and vs Barnsley or Ipswich.

For me I only hate Derby, nothin beats the nerves and anticipation for the build up of the two games of the season. Beating Derby twice could make a season good, even if our league position was terrible! I'm sorry but Leiester is just another game, that is an honest opinion not just me trying to put Leicester down!

I think the proof can be seen in the attendances, for example in the FA cup where we sold **** all tickets, this was during our worst run of the season, I can almost guarantee if that game was vs Derby then it would have been a sell out or there abouts.

Just to reiterate, I'm not trying to go out of my way to put you down or prove a point, but Leicester are just, any old club, and that is my honest opinion!

2 facts about Leicester;

1. Not even a football city - the biggest club in Leicester is Leicester Tigers - truly a fine side worthy of my respect

Spot on!

Maybe this bloke should write a blog about East Midlands teams whose highest ever attendance at their ground was a for a totally different team playing a totally different sport...hahahha

It's true – highest attendance at the Walkers Crisp Bowel was a Leics Tigers RUGBY game.

Leics City's highest ever attendance was for the Real Madrid friendly – not even a competitive game!

Funny he doesn't mention that in is blog

Archived