East Midland's derbies blog.

FuriousFox46

[url=http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/the-east-midlands-derbies/]http://thechriswhiti...dlands-derbies/

Hi guys,

I've written an article on the 'East Midlands derbies'. I've tried to be fair and balanced. Please let me know what you think. Any views and comments are appreciated. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It would be totally different if a Derby or forest fan tried to write it in a "tried to be fair and balanced" view.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url=http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/the-east-midlands-derbies/]http://thechriswhiti...dlands-derbies/

Hi guys,

I've written an article on the 'East Midlands derbies'. I've tried to be fair and balanced. Please let me know what you think. Any views and comments are appreciated. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You are wrong about the attendances dropping Derby at home has increased to sell out againest Notts, and only dipped againest you as it was televised and you took less fans.

i enjoyed the article personally.

my preference of 'hatred' goes

forest, cause they are forest

norwich, cause i live there and im sick of the inbred ********

leicester, one side of my family are majority leicester so they annoy me.

leeds, i wasnt alive at the time but i respect the fact they are knob heads from yesteryear.

In all fairness.

Our fans aren't that bothered by Derby as we used to be. We've both probably grown tired of each other. Our fans definitely hate Forest more than you and maybe even Coventry pip you to second nowadays.

In response to the gold/platinum fixtures, that's a fair point that I wasn't aware of. But your website also listed us a 'crunch fixture'. We know we're not yours or Forest's main rivals bar the odd deluded idiot.

But the rivalry is played down significantly on your side. Partly maybe because it makes you look like a bigger club, it softens the blow of defeat and many may just be copying what you've seen elsewhere.

That's just my opinion, given the fact I've researched these 'rivalries' and I trust my data.

Good lord, this just smacks of the annoying kid at school who had no mates and therefore followed the big boys home trying to look like he had friends.

Seriously – no one in Derby or Nottingham has the slightest interest in a "rivalry" with Leicester. You're just a nearby team that we have to play sometimes.

There is only one serious rivalry in the East Midlands and that is Derby-Forest. Even Forest/Notts County don't have a rivalry like that and their grounds are yards apart in the same town!

I understand that you desperately want to feel like Leicester have some importance, but honestly – you don't. It might be hard to accept but Leicester are the bird in the nightclub that no one fancies, so she tries too hard and ends up embarassing herself

I have a Leics fan mate at work and he says that there are loads of people on their forums like you – wanting to build up a fake rivalry but it ain't happening. He's one of yours and even he's embarassed by it.

There are very few true rivalries in UK football, Man Utd/Man City Celtic/Rangers Liverpool/Everton Derby/Forest etc you'll never be on the list

Give it up mate!

The only reason there is any sort of rivalry between us and the Foxes is down to the play off game some years ago. We only started to dislike them after that, but when they start calling it a Derby they are really going to far IMO

Good lord, this just smacks of the annoying kid at school who had no mates and therefore followed the big boys home trying to look like he had friends.

Seriously – no one in Derby or Nottingham has the slightest interest in a "rivalry" with Leicester. You're just a nearby team that we have to play sometimes.

There is only one serious rivalry in the East Midlands and that is Derby-Forest. Even Forest/Notts County don't have a rivalry like that and their grounds are yards apart in the same town!

I understand that you desperately want to feel like Leicester have some importance, but honestly – you don't. It might be hard to accept but Leicester are the bird in the nightclub that no one fancies, so she tries too hard and ends up embarassing herself

I have a Leics fan mate at work and he says that there are loads of people on their forums like you – wanting to build up a fake rivalry but it ain't happening. He's one of yours and even he's embarassed by it.

There are very few true rivalries in UK football, Man Utd/Man City Celtic/Rangers Liverpool/Everton Derby/Forest etc you'll never be on the list

Give it up mate!

That was quite possibly the finest post I've ever read! And so true! Go away funny little wannabe club from down south!

In all fairness.

Our fans aren't that bothered by Derby as we used to be. We've both probably grown tired of each other. Our fans definitely hate Forest more than you and maybe even Coventry pip you to second nowadays.

In response to the gold/platinum fixtures, that's a fair point that I wasn't aware of. But your website also listed us a 'crunch fixture'. We know we're not yours or Forest's main rivals bar the odd deluded idiot.

But the rivalry is played down significantly on your side. Partly maybe because it makes you look like a bigger club, it softens the blow of defeat and many may just be copying what you've seen elsewhere.

That's just my opinion, given the fact I've researched these 'rivalries' and I trust my data.

You're sooooo bothered!!! Lol! And we're gutted Coventry pip us, we really are!!! Ha ha ha hahahahaha! Jog on xxxxxx mwah x

In response to the gold/platinum fixtures, that's a fair point that I wasn't aware of. But your website also listed us a 'crunch fixture'.

Don't listen to the sales pitch. We'll be being told that every game in the fixture list is a "crunch fixture" if it brings in another fiver.

Considering most of my mates growing up were Heanor, Ripley and Ilkeston lads, there was always a split between Derby (majority) and Forest which heated things up! Apparently times have changed and its more evenly balanced up that way? Since then I'ved had two spells living inside Leicestershire and its more about Derby-Leicester here and the banter is great.

I don't hate Leeds anymore than I dislike a team like Stoke City, put simply, its before my time and it has no relevance to me. I'm a bit embarrassed by the rivalry (from our side) in all honesty as Leeds are more preoccupied with the goings on at Man United than to even cast a backward glance at Derby. I think it puts Leeds on a pedestal and adds to their notoriety whilst making us look like proper attention-seeking small-timers.

No special place in your spleen for Leeds? That’s perverse…

…and another thing, stop putting vegetables in my bedding.

I haven't come on this forum to spur a rivalry. I was offering my perception on the matter and I want yours.

I never knew some of you were so passionate about your supposed apathy. No need to be total ****s is there really, if we're so irrelevant.

You're sooooo bothered!!! Lol! And we're gutted Coventry pip us, we really are!!! Ha ha ha hahahahaha! Jog on xxxxxx mwah x

We're not, really.

I find your club a bit boring to be honest. I wouldn't say you were just another game but I don't get overly excited when we play you.

Why would you want us to care? So you can have your pathetic little ego trip seeing as you're not a big club any more. Not that you ever were really.

We're not, really.

I find your club a bit boring to be honest. I wouldn't say you were just another game but I don't get overly excited when we play you.

Why would you want us to care? So you can have your pathetic little ego trip seeing as you're not a big club any more. Not that you ever were really.

Ouch, you really want a local rival don't you, sorry we don't care, have fun on the Cov forums! Bye bye x

I actually lived in Leicester for a few years - still couldnt generate any feeling towards them even though I worked with loads of Foxes fans. I actually found it funny how little I cared when they clearly did.

2 facts about Leicester;

1. Not even a football city - the biggest club in Leicester is Leicester Tigers - truly a fine side worthy of my respect

2. Derby's finest football moment - beating Revie's (cheating) Leeds, Shankly's Liverpool & a great Man City side to the title in 71-72. Leicester's finest football moment - beating Derby in a playoff final. Nothing more needs to be said.

p.s. the post about Leeds rivalry being a bit embarrassing is spot on - yes we can hate them as they are truly worthy of it but they absolutely revel in the fact that many sides despise them - it gives them that unique sense of being important, without having the trophy haul to back it up. It can not be seen as a "rivalry" - much in the same way that many people would hate Millwall or Man Utd but clearly not class them as rivals either

Archived