hi derby fans?

haig86

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seems to split opinion. Some think he's not good enough; others value his versatility and were desperate to see him stay. Personally I don't think he's quite good enough but a change of scenery might bring something out of him.

Can't really add much more than what's been said already - but looking forward to visiting your place this season. Do you share it with the Huddersfield Giants?

Good player who has the misfortune of being able to fill in a number of positions and do an OK job. The last year or 2 here, he was constantly played out of position and therefore looked distinctly average. He also suffered quite a seerious injury to his knee which kept him out for ages. However, as a driving midfielder he is very good at Championship level, gets into the box, creates chances and occasionally scores.As others have referred to, he will run and run and run.

Good player who has the misfortune of being able to fill in a number of positions and do an OK job. The last year or 2 here, he was constantly played out of position and therefore looked distinctly average. He also suffered quite a seerious injury to his knee which kept him out for ages. However, as a driving midfielder he is very good at Championship level, get's into the box, create's chances and occasionally scores.As other's have referred to, he will run and run and run.

I think the rest of your post is spot on Ramsam, the biggest criticism of greeny from me is that he totally loses composure in the box. If we want to know where the extra 12-15 goals will come from, 8-10 of them will come from the fact it's not greeny on the end of the pass. Other than that Huddersfield have got themselves a proven international and championship level midfielder , who seens to be a decent lad, for bugger all.. that's not too shabby.

That really makes sense from Paul Green. Says he leaving Derby alough saying that he has been happy here and the same old blah blah as other players. No offence here but why leave Derby to go to Huddersfield surely they can not be paying more on wages than us. This is not the challenge I expected Green to look at, strange one this. This nows suggests to me and THIS IS MY OPINION that although money was not cited as the reason for leaving I believe it is becuase he did not get the deal he was happy with although clearly stating he would have liked to stop. I dont think he has got what he planned for by refusing the deal and dont think Clough would go back and offfer him another contract now after refusing it, think his advisors got it wrong in respect of where he could be going.

He rejected the contract due to the length.. Green wants security, a last decent payday on a long contract (3 years minimum).. Given that he's 29 another 3 or 4 years on a decent pay takes him to 33 and he won't find a decent club that will pay him well at that age..

Another point people are forgetting is that Huddlesfield have money, will be able to offer him a decent contract, and aren't here to make up the numbers... They'll be going for promotion, it's not a bad move.. And for the blinded who question why he'd move to Huddlesfield instead of stayng here... Why not? We're not a bigger club, they might pay more and they have a good chance of finishing above us next season..

One last point aswell about Ireland, he's not **** because he can't get in above McGready, Duff, Whelan, Ward and Fahey.. None of our midfielders would get into Irelands team, doesn't make them ****..

He rejected the contract due to the length.. Green wants security, a last decent payday on a long contract (3 years minimum).. Given that he's 29 another 3 or 4 years on a decent pay takes him to 33 and he won't find a decent club that will pay him well at that age..

Another point people are forgetting is that Huddlesfield have money, will be able to offer him a decent contract, and aren't here to make up the numbers... They'll be going for promotion, it's not a bad move.. And for the blinded who question why he'd move to Huddlesfield instead of stayng here... Why not? We're not a bigger club, they might pay more and they have a good chance of finishing above us next season..

One last point aswell about Ireland, he's not **** because he can't get in above McGready, Duff, Whelan, Ward and Fahey.. None of our midfielders would get into Irelands team, doesn't make them ****..

Them and Barnsley Bris?

Archived