Glasgow Rangers...Who Gives ?

Pearl Ram

Am I the only one up to the back teeth with the sad stories coming out of Ibrox ?

SkySports News have just lead their top of the hour bulletin with some old b******s about an appeal against being able to sign players or something (I lost interest when the words Glasgow and Rangers were mentioned)

Now, I'm not a heartless man but surely the plight Rangers find themselves in is down to years of living beyond their means and bad management, much like that at Portsmouth.

So what I'd like to know is, AM I heartless ? or is anyone else unmoved by this situation ?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you on this, not because its Rangers, just knew that some 'big' club would implode, seems like no one in football learnt from the mistake Derby made with the 3 Amigos. On it head be it, just glad that we are been run as more of a business rather than over spending to achieve a reward that seems to be less than the cost of getting it.

It's not because it's Rangers with me either, it's just that it keeps being reported as some kind of tragedy when in fact it was brought about by themselves, I feel the same with Portsmouth, they've got their name on The FA Cup but they only got it there by having players they ultimately couldn't afford on gates of around 20,000. I wouldn't call it cheating but it's not cricket (?) winning trophies using players that eventually could see the demise of the club.

Its a shame no-one pays attention to small clubs like Chester, Darlington, Halifax, some one town clubs who have been screwed over by dodgy owners and had to close down or suffer major league drops and focus on cheats such as Rangers and Portsmouth who get away scot free!

sounds harsh, but I think football needs one of the bigger clubs to go out of business - about the only way to get the financial message to sink in with the owners and the footballing authorities - and to be honest I'd be quite happy for both Rangers and Celtic (and all their sectarian bulls**t) to cease to be.

CumbrianRam is spot on - it didn't make as big a headline as it should have, but Darlington were relegated 4 divisions the other day - while the big boys keep on playing and getting 2nd/3rd/4th chances.....

The trouble with rangers is that league is a two horse race take them out and it's celtics every year plus rangers and Celtic are the only big draws for the other teams in there league so not only if rangers go bust it will probably bust the other teams to so I think they will get away with it which is a shame really because had they of got players they could of afforded maybe there league would be mOre competitive

Its a massive footballing story, if Rangers did go bust (they wont) then it would be the end of The Scottish football league. With only celtic there would be no big games and no one would be bothered about it at all.so, yep, i am quite interested in it and hope they come out of it ok and go and win back the league next season

Am I the only one up to the back teeth with the sad stories coming out of Ibrox ?

SkySports News have just lead their top of the hour bulletin with some old b******s about an appeal against being able to sign players or something (I lost interest when the words Glasgow and Rangers were mentioned)

Now, I'm not a heartless man but surely the plight Rangers find themselves in is down to years of living beyond their means and bad management, much like that at Portsmouth.

So what I'd like to know is, AM I heartless ? or is anyone else unmoved by this situation ?

Understand where you are coming from but what about the 50,000 Rangers fans who turn up week in and week out? Bring in the controls on how clubs are run, don't punish the fans. If Rangers did go out of biz we would probably find Celtic in the English league within a year or two.

The eventual outcome is irrelevant. Rangers deliberately traded illegally, systematically avoided paying UK tax and gave themselves an unfair advantage over law abiding clubs.

If you take out the emotion of the unusual relationship with Celtic, then the only reasonable conclusion is that Rangers should be forced to pay their debts before continuing to play.

Its the only way to stop this happening again.

Portsmouth are the same, if their debts aren't paid then they should be expelled from the League.

These clubs have employed the services of local tradesman without any intention of paying them. They have taken other clubs players, again with no intention of paying for them.

Forget who it is. Its illegal, corrupt and blatant cheating.

It is difficult not to agree with what you are saying and I share many of your sentiments Uttox, but sometimes in business the way to allow suppliers to get paid is to allow the company to remain trading. Paying their debts in full should be part of any agreement insisted on by the SPL.

If Rangers dissappeared I think it would be good for Scottish football. The annual pissing competition between them and Celtic woulod end, Celtic would not have to spend on big signings, they would look to recruite in Scotland, other teams would bring players through, therefore more talent will emmerge and scottish football would be a lot healthier.

England are suffering the same, big clubs restricted amount of english players, crap national side. Look at germany and Spain, 80%? of the squad are in the top 2/3 teams in their leagues?

Archived