Game of Thrones

McRamFan

Not to mention if they just ran ahead with the tv series based on grrm's plot notes, that would be massively spoilerific for those looking forward to reading the books.

I can't see any other way of doing it than hurrying grrm up a bit.

To be fair though, he is being a bit lazy. He knows what the story is, he just needs to write it down. How difficult can that be. He's just milking it.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think GRRM is overly concerned with specific plot points coming out in the TV series before the final books come out. The alternative is that the TV show progresses on its own path - a risk for GRRM as viewers may eventually decide, when the show has aired, and the books released, that the TV show 'did it better'. Also, as thorough as the TV series tries to be, there's still a lot cut from the books, so there's still plenty of reason to carry on reading, even if you've seen the corresponding chapters on TV already.

He really does need to pull his finger out, I agree. Considering that 'A Storm of Swords' was released in 2000, in the following 13 years, he's released just two more volumes. He really is turning it all into a lifetime's work!

• 1 month later...

Yep, I got up at 2am and snuck downstairs like a kid on Christmas morning. Well worth it. Wanted the second episode to start instantly, I could've stayed up all night.

Still not the best though, but I think a great precursor of what's to come. The dogs bar fight was brutal.

Have they got a new actor in for Danarys' love interest, or did I miss something?

Yep, I got up at 2am and snuck downstairs like a kid on Christmas morning. Well worth it. Wanted the second episode to start instantly, I could've stayed up all night.

Still not the best though, but I think a great precursor of what's to come. The dogs bar fight was brutal.

Have they got a new actor in for Danarys' love interest, or did I miss something?

yeah they recast daario naharis, not sure why though 

yeah they recast daario naharis, not sure why though 

Ah, yes, quick Google search says the old actor has been cast as the new Jason Statham in the Transporter reboot. I'm sure the new guy is fine, but why cast someone who looks so drastically different? The character of Daario was typified (in the series at least, not sure about the books) by his clean cut girly-man looks, now he's got manly-man stubble and dark hair. Like recasting from Legolas to Gimli (now I'm really showing my fantasy geekeness). Totally different.

Anyway, apart from that, brilliant.

Ah, yes, quick Google search says the old actor has been cast as the new Jason Statham in the Transporter reboot. I'm sure the new guy is fine, but why cast someone who looks so drastically different? The character of Daario was typified (in the series at least, not sure about the books) by his clean cut girly-man looks, now he's got manly-man stubble and dark hair. Like recasting from Legolas to Gimli (now I'm really showing my fantasy geekeness). Totally different.

Anyway, apart from that, brilliant.

I didn't like his face. He just seemed totally wrong for the mother of dragons! So I await and see how the new guy is.

I plan on watching it soon, I need to finish off Season 3 first...(for the second time)

Watched the first 2 seasons. Enjoyed it that much I read the books. But never bothered watching any more. Everyone dies & the dragons take over! 

George R R Martin needs to crack on with the other 2 or 3 books because the TV series will catch him up! And he's not getting any younger especially if the books take him a couple of years to do! 

Westeros is a world of pain. It's painful waiting every year for the next season to start. And then it's painful waiting a week between each episode.

I dont mean to be picky but...

westeros isn't the world its one of 4 contintets in the known world of "a song of ice and fire"  #amateur

Archived