Game of Thrones

McRamFan

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been considered watching season 1 actually. The BluRay for season is in Tesco for £30 so is it worth getting then?

Also, 'season'? It's 'series'. You've We've clearly been watching too much US TV.

Guilty as charged!

If you have a blu-ray and a HD TV, get it on DVD and the Blu-Ray should upscale it. However it is good on HD, so a judgement call, I'd buy DVD version, save the cash for a good BR film. There again 30 quid ain't a lot

Guilty as charged!

If you have a blu-ray and a HD TV, get it on DVD and the Blu-Ray should upscale it. However it is good on HD, so a judgement call, I'd buy DVD version, save the cash for a good BR film. There again 30 quid ain't a lot

I thought that. £30 quid ain't a lot. Specially seeing that Thor BluRay+3D was £30 on its own! Thing is though, I got my BluRay player for Christmas, and I've 'only' got Star Wars on BluRay so far, so I think I'll go for BluRay Game of Thrones. Yeah, it's decided 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I thought that. £30 quid ain't a lot. Specially seeing that Thor BluRay+3D was £30 on its own! Thing is though, I got my BluRay player for Christmas, and I've 'only' got Star Wars on BluRay so far, so I think I'll go for BluRay Game of Thrones. Yeah, it's decided 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Panasonic BR? With free Star Wars? If so you have a good player there.

Panasonic BR? With free Star Wars? If so you have a good player there.

I got the BluRay player and the full special edition boxset separately. I'll have to say though, the BluRay player I've got has a few problems with it and I'm not too happy but just don't think it's bad enough to send back. Star Wars though! Happy with that! Anakin in the final scene!!! Awesome.

I love Tyrion, and the books are better, I miss the helms! Joffery - I just want to kill him, he has got that nasty, evil, malevolent down to a pat.

Most of the Lannister family have been cast extremely well, bar Cersei. Saying that I found her character to be one of the most annoying in the books.

I'd recommed saving your £30 networker and investing in the books instead. They take a lot longer to read than view and you have the added pleasure of the quite brilliant descriptions George R.R Martin gives. It's amazing how the TV show sort of skims over the surfaces of the book. I'm probably being to hard on the show as it's pretty good itself, but the books are that good.

Harrenhal looked absolutely immense in the TV series, the scenery and decoration of the Ice and Fire world has been done very well and is a credit to G.R.R.M's writing ability. The soft is a bit over the top, grabs your attention though.

BD vs Upscaled DVD? No contest. If the pricing of the DVDs and BDs is anywhere near the same ballpark then go for BD. Whilst upscaled DVD is better than nothing it ain't a patch on full HD.

The series is great. Not quite as good as the novels, but still, a far better adaptation than most.

Plus it's NOT going to get cancelled any time soon. Already renewed through the third season and barring a dramatic downturn in ratings there's no reason to think it'll not finish its run.

• 2 months later...

Have you read the books? I'm completely addicted to them I haven't played xbox since i started reading the 3rd one.

Not yet. I really can't wait to start reading them though. I only watched the first series a month ago and i wanted to read them as soon as. I'm already behind on my reading though, so its a matter of waiting a few weeks till I start.

Not yet. I really can't wait to start reading them though. I only watched the first series a month ago and i wanted to read them as soon as. I'm already behind on my reading though, so its a matter of waiting a few weeks till I start.

You NEED to read them!

I know he's a minor character, but I really wished they had actually made the Blackfish a part of the series. He's just a badass.

On the books, well I'm just hoping he actually does manage to tie them together in some sort of ending but I don't understand how he can do that in just 2 more books unless everything goes down very, very quickly.

Archived