Clough quotes indicate transfer plans this summer?

dabber

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think frige players he will mean that lee croft will be signed by his scotties club, and miles addidson will be signed permeantley by bornmouth and even i think the young yank coner doyle will be gone along with chris maguire. so to me this little lot might rise about region of 2m maybe.

Mate, really? I think you're being quite optimistic with the 2m mark. We'll get £400k tops for the lot.

Croft, FREE. Addison, FREE. Doyle, FREE. Maguire, £400k (if we sell him-but very unlikely)

So lets face it, nothing...£0.00

Doyle is very highly rated by the staff at DCFC and we've got more chance of seeing him become a regular first teamer than him going yet.

He was making remarkable noise in training before he got injured, this is from someone who works at the club and they said he was looking like our best player in training, so wouldn't close the door on him yet.

Doyle is very highly rated by the staff at DCFC and we've got more chance of seeing him become a regular first teamer than him going yet.

He was making remarkable noise in training before he got injured, this is from someone who works at the club and they said he was looking like our best player in training, so wouldn't close the door on him yet.

I know I have not seen him in training, but if they are as big on him as you say, then why are we thinking about Will Hughes or Jacobs and selling off some unwashed to get the striker we need (but can't afford). Doesn't add up to me that Doyle is the solution

On the issue of the left back, Clough has said there's Gareth Roberts at 34 and Rhys Sharpe at 17, with nothing in between. There aren't many decent left backs about at present so it's likely to be a loan.

But the loan theory does not fit with Clough's conveyor belt quote

"That is the way the conveyor belt should work at any football club. You should always have one waiting to come through and that is why we are so keen to get in a younger left-back"

But the loan theory does not fit with Clough's conveyor belt quote

"That is the way the conveyor belt should work at any football club. You should always have one waiting to come through and that is why we are so keen to get in a younger left-back"

That's the long term plan, but I too was pretty much quoting Clough word for word.

There's half a life time between Roberts and Sharpe and we can't just magic one up who's somewhere between them. And Clough has said that there aren't many good LBs out there that fit the bill, so a loan it will probably be.

We've had a number of short-term thinking managers in the past 10 years or so, so we have absolutely no conveyer belt going at all. At points you could have believed the Academy was an entirely different football club altogether. Clough is clearly trying to get one going and after three years we're only beginning to see that. The left-back position seems to be the one we're struggling with at present, though.

This is why I like Nige and this what I mean by "the bigger picture" Nige cares about the club and the future of the club we have a solid squad who work for each other and promising youngsters who can fill in and eventually push for a starting place, I gues that is why I can put up with the **** results bizarre subs and strange tactics when he does it.

I think our priority in the summer should be centre mid however so don't agree with everything he does! Just hope Hendrick, Bryson and Baily improve over the summer and come back better.

Doyle is out of contract no word of extension

Croft won't go for free that's why we extended his contract

Midfielders under contract are Hughes Bryson bailey Hendrick Ward I think

Doyle will be staying I reckon.

Doyle will be staying I reckon.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with Doyle. They seem to big him up often but then we have seen little evidence on the field as to why they would do so. Would presumably be on low wages so perhaps no biggie if extended, but still taking those pennies away from areas of greater need?.

Doyle looks to shy away when he gets his chance, impresses internationally and in the reserves and bottles when it comes to the first team.

I agree, on what i've seen I would get rid but I trust that everyone at the club who watch him day in day out, who rate him highly are correct and once we see him come out of his shell a bit, we'll have a good player!

Hendrick and Bryson are too lightweight in midfield and I've said it for years that Derby County have been too lightweight in many areas on the pitch and it really is time to bring a player(s) through that have a bit more aggression. A Kevin Nolan/Joey Barton type player that can jolly up their own team and get in the faces of the opposition, that will turn a lot of narrow defeats in to draws and draws in to wins by grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. Physically we have been out muscled on the park for many years and when we get stronger in holding up the ball or have our players doing more work in the gym, are we likely to see any difference. The Crawley Town defeat when Commons was left off the side of the pitch springs to mind and Silly Savage couldn't get near anyone (even though he's be doing that for years, and getting away with it) sums us up.

"A Kevin Nolan/Joey Barton type player" someone with their kind of aggression, on the pitch. Instead we've had to put up with the likes of Robbie Savage who now all the housewifes are also sick of seeing on every air minute on the TV. He even turned up when John Bishop was grafting for charity, cycling, boating and running loads of marathons, I bet John Bishop thought couldn't the BBC have sent Joey Barton instead to chat to me about The Smiths, no I get Robbie wanting every possible second of air time instead, hobbling along for a hundred metres and blowing out of his @rse. Even when he speaks as a pundit aka Soton v Coventy, the facial expressions of Clarridge & Strachan, spoke volumes as Savage prattled on about how much money the kids at Soton could make. Yeah give me a Joey Barton type player any day of the week!

Archived