Steve Davies

Stive Pesley

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel bad for Savies really, not the best move and clearly not financial as some predicted! I know whatever happened will never come out but it's put his career back and someone of his talent should be looking forward.

After watching our strikers have shots before the scunny game I was left frustrated, after seeing theo hit the top corner, then a weak shot straight at the keeper and then some awful miss kick that went 20 yards wide when he was only 15 yards out... And then watching Savies hit the net every single time, it left me annoyed really!

I really think if he can stay fit he'll be a great signing for Bristol, after giving them Pearson then we probably owe them one...

Good luck Savies, was our best striker by far IMO and wish him the best for the future!

Feel bad for Savies really, not the best move and clearly not financial as some predicted! I know whatever happened will never come out but it's put his career back and someone of his talent should be looking forward.

After watching our strikers have shots before the scunny game I was left frustrated, after seeing theo hit the top corner, then a weak shot straight at the keeper and then some awful miss kick that went 20 yards wide when he was only 15 yards out... And then watching Savies hit the net every single time, it left me annoyed really!

I really think if he can stay fit he'll be a great signing for Bristol, after giving them Pearson then we probably owe them one...

Good luck Savies, was our best striker by far IMO and wish him the best for the future!

What have I missed? Why do you feel bad for him?

What have I missed? Why do you feel bad for him?

Going to play for Bristol City with the likes of Jody Morris and Stephen Pearson... Poor guy, they can't even beat Forest! Whatever has happened has been **** for career - at least at Ipswich he would of got a big packet every month!

Why does everybody assume he will get **** wages there. Don't think David James or Maynard were on **** money and they after cambell which Blackpool wanted but he's on to much wages for them

He won't get **** wages, just not good wages... They're in the same boat as us - Maynard much like Commons was offered 15k a week which would of made him their highest earner by a long long way, I would assume he would get around 7/8 thousand a week there, roughly the same as what we would of offered in the year deal! (I would guess)

More like lazy linker 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

[size=4]Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas was keen to find an early replacement for Luka Modric, with the midfielder looking ever-more likely to leave White Hart Land before the transfer window closes on August 31.

Meanwhile Hughes is trying to shift out-of-favour striker DJ Campbell.

Bristol City have had a bid accepted for the QPR striker and are following up with a £600,000 move for Derby midfielder Steve Davies.

Derby need the cash to pay for Connor Sammon's £1.2m arrival from Wigan.[/size]

Did we get the £320,000, from Varney's move from Portsmouth to Leeds ??

...why do people keep bringing this up. We got nothing extra out of the Varney transfer. We got paid the £300k that was still owed. The money was most probably accounted for last year and I highly doubt that it would be considered new transfer money for this year.

...why do people keep bringing this up. We got nothing extra out of the Varney transfer. We got paid the £300k that was still owed. The money was most probably accounted for last year and I highly doubt that it would be considered new transfer money for this year.

It wouldn't appear in any accounts until this years, and it would me money budgeted for but still is money raised from players sales.

Archived