Michael Jacobs

Chris Peduck

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Micklewhite on one side ie right and Nigel Callaghan on the other . Now that was quality .

PS says Jacobs is a midfielder who plays for Derby County on wiki who has 15 goals in 100 games for Northampton

i'd like to think that was something that clough is after.

perhaps i'm just old fashioned but i'd love to see us playing with width

I see they mention a certain "Freddie Eastwood" who was coveted by many, including me, to bring to Derby based on his track record.

He is now available on a free from Coventry, just goes to show its a harder game this management lark than we give credit for.

Latest club to be linked to Jacobs is Newcastle United, which kind of makes sense as their head scout, Graham Carr, is one of our ex managers and during the season he openly stated the two best players in League 2 are Nick Powell and Michael Jacobs.

Sadly for all parties involved I think this will turn into a 'saga'.

Without question there are lots of teams chasing him but I also suspect we are playing on that a little bit, we'd be mad not to? A small club like ourselves don't often get a player from our youth ranks that has the potential to play at the highest level.

The only clubs that we actually know have ever made bids for Jacobs are Blackpool and Reading and both of those were a while ago. Suggest Peterborough will have made a bid and yourselves are probably the most recent ones.

The good thing about Jacobs is he has a very sensible head on his shoulders and isn't the type to just go to the biggest team or the team that offers him the most money.

For me, I think you'd be a perfect fit for him, or someone like Reading would also be good.

I wonder if making our targets public really helps in the long run? Surely it alerts clubs who were unaware that Northampton have a quality player on their hands. Also seems to puts pressure on Nige & the board to deliver on certain players.

After all this talk, I for one will be disappointed if we don't get him.

Because I don't believe all this bulls**t coming from the club about Maguire , Addison and Bailey. PS Croft was the next best thing since sliced bread when NC signed him. Sage will you miss Savies or Bailey or Maguire or Addison. I mean Bailey was supposed to be the bees knees when we signed him as was Maguire. For me Maguire is a good player who hasn't had a chance.

Tyson I thought he was a winger so is Ward and Bavies so why Jacobs ?!

Yes, i'll miss Savies but I don't see how that's the club's fault. won't miss Addison as he isn't good enough for our team or bench. I won't miss Maguire that much I haven't seen him enough to get attached. It hasn't worked out for Maguire, so you you could have a go about that one. Bailey is a decent player, but is our third best CM and will be out of contract in a year, s we might as well get a fee and replace him.

Because I don't believe all this bulls**t coming from the club about Maguire , Addison and Bailey. PS Croft was the next best thing since sliced bread when NC signed him. Sage will you miss Savies or Bailey or Maguire or Addison. I mean Bailey was supposed to be the bees knees when we signed him as was Maguire. For me Maguire is a good player who hasn't had a chance.

Tyson I thought he was a winger so is Ward and Bavies so why Jacobs ?!

Well obviously Clough will say that when he signs a player.

What do you want him to say? "This player will look crap in training and although I've signed him for 400k, I have no intention of playing him,

Ward, as Clough has said, is "ideally" a striker. As is Tyson, who has played up front and got the number 9 last season.

Personally I think Ward offers more of a threat on the wing, his trickery and pace and willingness to run makes him better suited to the wing. He's not clinical enough to be a striker.

Jacobs is still on holiday in Ibiza for a few days, so I don't think anything will happen until early-mid june

Archived