Alan Davies on Hillsborough

EastKentRam

What I think people underestimate is just how important this is to them, so yes, I think they would refuse to play even if it was the European Cup final. Of course, I could be wrong but I'd very much doubt it, the Hillsborough scar runs deep.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why he wasn't sincere in his apology at all. But one thing Davies - why bother with a wig? You're curly perm doesn't need it.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2128136/Alan-Davies-posts-Twitter-picture-mocking-Scousers.html]http://www.dailymail...g-Scousers.html

Why can't he mock scoucers? this is the daily mail reporting and as they are basically the founders of hate I wouldn't listen to what they have to say. This doesn't make his apology any less sincere, people need to find the difference between Hillsborough and all scoucers. Mr Davies doesn't really want to offend anyone, but joke and make comments on situations which he see's. Why can't he be allowed to do that in peace?

What I think people underestimate is just how important this is to them, so yes, I think they would refuse to play even if it was the European Cup final. Of course, I could be wrong but I'd very much doubt it, the Hillsborough scar runs deep.

I don't doubt that, but that doesn't make it off limits to someones opinion. Hillsborough was a disaster and one which is mourned by many but that doesn't mean they should be allowed to dictate fixtures when every other club hasn't agreed.

Liverpool fans, Stan Collymore and the Hillsborough disaster are three things that get under my skin.

I feel terribly hurt by the people that lost their lives that day, but the fact liverpool fans try and say they're completely blameless always rakes me... why did Forest fans get in to the ground without people getting crushed? it was as much their fault as the people who made the **** decision to allow them to act like ******, and because of that the poor people at the front who had got to the ground the proper and right way suffered... disgraceful.

There is absolutely no reason this game shouldn't go ahead on this date, it would allow a much better celebration for the poor people that died that day!

Stan Collymore always tries to take the moral high ground, and pretends to speak sense when in fact he is full of ******* bullshit and I wouldn't give him the time of day even if he came up with a fantastic idea just because it came out of his feckin' mouth!

I don't doubt that, but that doesn't make it off limits to someones opinion. Hillsborough was a disaster and one which is mourned by many but that doesn't mean they should be allowed to dictate fixtures when every other club hasn't agreed.

I know what you're saying YR and everybody has their own opinion - but for me, this wasn't the right time to mock after what he's said already. His timing is way off. But, saying that, he's got a tour coming up hasn't he? So is this his plan? To get publicity for it? I think so.

I know what you're saying YR and everybody has their own opinion - but for me, this wasn't the right time to mock after what he's said already. His timing is way off. But, saying that, he's got a tour coming up hasn't he? So is this his plan? To get publicity for it? I think so.

If someone wanted to create publicity wouldn't he want it to be more positive? I doubt Mr Davies is short of cash especially after his years on Q.I which I love. I think it was the right time, he hasn't said anything wrong and he should just keep going in my opinion.

Liverpool fans, Stan Collymore and the Hillsborough disaster are three things that get under my skin.

I feel terribly hurt by the people that lost their lives that day, but the fact liverpool fans try and say they're completely blameless always rakes me... why did Forest fans get in to the ground without people getting crushed? it was as much their fault as the people who made the **** decision to allow them to act like ******, and because of that the poor people at the front who had got to the ground the proper and right way suffered... disgraceful.

There is absolutely no reason this game shouldn't go ahead on this date, it would allow a much better celebration for the poor people that died that day!

Stan Collymore always tries to take the moral high ground, and pretends to speak sense when in fact he is full of ******* bullshit and I wouldn't give him the time of day even if he came up with a fantastic idea just because it came out of his feckin' mouth!

I could go into this in greater detail but one fact alone is this. Forest fans had way more turnstiles than Liverpool did. Another fact (from written testimonies and observations) is that people were indeed seen jumping over the walls to escape the crowding, not because they didn't have tickets, which leads me onto me next fact - there were lots of Liverpool fans who had their tickets ready to be checked but they weren't, they were just sent through - because the police couldn't handle the crowding.

If someone wanted to create publicity wouldn't he want it to be more positive? I doubt Mr Davies is short of cash especially after his years on Q.I which I love. I think it was the right time, he hasn't said anything wrong and he should just keep going in my opinion.

Well, we all have our own opinions YR.

Well, we all have our own opinions YR.

indeed we do, I believe all opinions unless they cause financial or physical harm have a right to be heard. Those views which are controversial deserve even more protection because they are the ones which are most under threat.

God i hate Stan Collymore, agree entirely with what you and Muespach said.

Ever since i saw his article

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/stan-collymore/To-make-the-Premier-League-the-best-get-Leeds-and-Newcastle-back-get-rid-of-small-clubs-and-scrap-relegation-and-promotion-article201025.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/stan-collymore/To-make-the-Premier-League-the-best-get-Leeds-and-Newcastle-back-get-rid-of-small-clubs-and-scrap-relegation-and-promotion-article201025.html

What a complete and utter f*cking goon, as if anyone respects and listens to him as a pundit. Jog on you absolute weapon.

indeed we do, I believe all opinions unless they cause financial or physical harm have a right to be heard. Those views which are controversial deserve even more protection because they are the ones which are most under threat.

I don't think they deserve more protection. I think people can get their point across in the first place simply by using a bit more tact, particulaly when it's such a sensitive subject.

And while we are on the subject....stan collymore sticking his oar in...slagging him off for suggesting Spurs fans were vermin......this coming from a sex case who thinks its acceptable to punch women in the face...! Give it a rest Collymore, you are a joke.

Thanks for pointing that out so I don't have to. I fully agree with AD, perhaps could have been worded slightly better but nonetheless I find it hard to discredit his viewpoint. Hillsborough seems to have took more headlines than any other comparable disaster and as sad as it is, I've never been able to understand that.

Collymore is a tool, a complete idiot, how has a woman beater actually talked himself up into being this being media darling.?

Dogleash is a rude, obnoxious, horrible, crap manager who is living off his past as a horrible, obnoxious, dirty, very good player.

Liverpool...is, well.... it just is.. i have been there millions of times, met loads of the "locals" in various "encounters"...it is a very rough northern city make no mistake, a lot rougher than most cities around England.....a LOT rougher.

Alan Davies is very funny.... his podcast is the best available.

Liverpool FC should not be allowed to dictate the fixture list.....but the FA are scared of the backlash....so they will be doing it forever.

The FA cup semi finals should BOTH be played on Saturday April 14th at 15:00 at Old Trafford and Villa Park.

imo of course.

I don't think they deserve more protection. I think people can get their point across in the first place simply by using a bit more tact, particulaly when it's such a sensitive subject.

A divsivie opinion will need protection, look what has happened to MR Davies for simply stating an opinion that Liverpool should play on a certain day and that by not they are disadvantaging other clubs. Look at the vitirol, the threats and the disgust for simply stating an opinion. The man has had his life and his young childs life threatened. Controversial opinions will always need more protection than run of the mill opinions because more people will rally against the controversial. I defend Mr Davies's right to say what he said and to keep going.

Collymore is a tool, a complete idiot, how has a woman beater actually talked himself up into being this being media darling.?

Dogleash is a rude, obnoxious, horrible, crap manager who is living off his past as a horrible, obnoxious, dirty, very good player.

Liverpool...is, well.... it just is.. i have been there millions of times, met loads of the "locals" in various "encounters"...it is a very rough northern city make no mistake, a lot rougher than most cities around England.....a LOT rougher.

Alan Davies is very funny.... his podcast is the best available.

Liverpool FC should not be allowed to dictate the fixture list.....but the FA are scared of the backlash....so they will be doing it forever.

The FA cup semi finals should BOTH be played on Saturday April 14th at 15:00 at Old Trafford and Villa Park.

imo of course.

Can I call you rude, horrible and obnoxious? Please.

A divsivie opinion will need protection, look what has happened to MR Davies for simply stating an opinion that Liverpool should play on a certain day and that by not they are disadvantaging other clubs. Look at the vitirol, the threats and the disgust for simply stating an opinion. The man has had his life and his young childs life threatened. Controversial opinions will always need more protection than run of the mill opinions because more people will rally against the controversial. I defend Mr Davies's right to say what he said and to keep going.

I know and agree about the threats, they can't be condoned. And it's not merely his opinion that got peoples backs up, it's the manner in which he said it and so I refer back to my earlier post above.

Archived