Derby County v Middlesbrough

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it was a fully expected defeat, because I was there to witness it.

Theo was poor, never gambled once and every shot he got on target was straight at the keeper.

B Davies was poor, didn't stay in position much, and rarely made a tackle.

Buxton was solid but looks a bit grapply (if that's a word) in the tackle. Surprised he doesn't give away more fouls than he does. Same with Roberts, but he probably gets away with it due to his size.

Beer in the Brunswick was good, as it was in the Waterfall. And all the other places I ended up in.

Well, playoffs are officially off the cards, so we can stop that silly chatter at least.

Well, playoffs are officially off the cards, so we can stop that silly chatter at least.

Despite us being effectively ruled out of making the top 6 it's still nice to think its mathematically possible with just 3 games to go!

Haven't been able to say that much in the past decade.

Aye, didn't realise that it's not mathematically over yet. Just been and run through some scenarios for the last 3 games and we could just scrape in.

Beating Cardiff 50-0 would really help with the goal difference as well.

Was once in a situation where my ice hockey team had to win last two games while others had to play for our benefit also for us to reach for play offs. Going into last game we had to win with at least five goals. We managed to win with eight and made the paly offs. Since football goals are much bigger than ice hockey goals I'm sure we can score 50 against Cardiff.

Robinson 16 S. Davies 11 Tyson 9 Bryson 4 Ball 3 Hendrick 2 Green 2 Roberts 1 Buxton 1 Shackell 1. And there you go. So simple.

Looking at all the fixtures, the only one that really looks unlikely is already relegated Doncaster to beat Middlesborough away. Can't picture that at all, and means we can't get 6th. A draw could mean we could both end up on 69 points but the GD really doesn't stack up in our favour.

Well Shackell was up for it, saw the frustration etched across his face at the end. Green was naff. Emnes gave our central midfield a footballing lesson- can't remember being so impressed with a player even after 10 minutes played. Tyson should have scored and blazed over... Robinson was a bit of a comedy act. Fielding played well, good save and an assured performance. Naylor lacks confidence on the ball that will hopefully come with time, thought he was too eager to punt at times, made a great tackle second half if memory serves me well. I never moved a muscle for both offside goals, blatant doesn't go far enough...

Atmosphere took abysmal to a new level. I was well up for it and that soon dissipated after I realised the crowd weren't and the football didn't seem to me like two teams going hell for leather for a play-off spot. All in all, I was bored most of the game, freezing my ******** off and wishing I'd made a start on cleaning the guttering on the garage. Good support from 'boro I may add.

I thought it was a very open game, and the fact we lost was down to use going for the goal... they played a counter attack and a gem of a pass split us open, unfortunately.

Barry Robson was the pick of the bunch for me, his quality shines through best passer of the ball i've seen at this level for years.

Was once in a situation where my ice hockey team had to win last two games while others had to play for our benefit also for us to reach for play offs. Going into last game we had to win with at least five goals. We managed to win with eight and made the paly offs. Since football goals are much bigger than ice hockey goals I'm sure we can score 50 against Cardiff.

Robinson 16 S. Davies 11 Tyson 9 Bryson 4 Ball 3 Hendrick 2 Green 2 Roberts 1 Buxton 1 Shackell 1. And there you go. So simple.

Love it Cisse.

Apart from the fact we've only scored 49 in your game and therefore almost certainly missed out by one goal.

Did you sneak out for a pee while young Tom was notching?

Archived